Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

pdude81

After the Tiana experience, I don't know that he'd come back.
That's fair, but I think his involvement with TBA was always just window dressing. He was just a "creative advisor" on a project that would completely rework his vision.

Figment's ride has already been reworked twice, so it's not his original vision. Redoing that is likely a huge plus from where the attraction is now. Plus he's said on record he would come out of retirement to redo it. Last year at Destination D23 he was present and it almost seemed like an Imagination announcement was being teed up and pulled at the last minute. All we ended up getting was notice of a meet and greet.

SailorMercury

That's fair, but I think his involvement with TBA was always just window dressing. He was just a "creative advisor" on a project that would completely rework his vision.

Figment's ride has already been reworked twice, so it's not his original vision. Redoing that is likely a huge plus from where the attraction is now. Plus he's said on record he would come out of retirement to redo it. Last year at Destination D23 he was present and it almost seemed like an Imagination announcement was being teed up and pulled at the last minute. All we ended up getting was notice of a meet and greet.
In that room, the energy made you able to tell that everyone thought they were announcing it, but everyone knew they weren’t.

Epcot82Guy

The only way Baxter comes back is if Disney backs down on "current ride with dreamfinder shoved in".

The great irony I see is, of many Disney attractions, the use of screens and projection mapping (along with physical sets) would actually lend itself well to the idea of the original attraction.

For example, if you turn the Dream Mobile into a preshow, have people load in the Dream Port (where the intro scene currently is), and then repurpose the current load into unload, you would have the ability to recreate each scene (modified and updated) from the original pretty easily. And things like a projection mapped paper carousel room could look incredible.

pdude81

For when I was getting information (2021/22), that was the main thing they were bean counting on and wanted to 'explore further'.
More reason I'm glad we lost Chappie. He was a useful villain for a (short) period of time. I think at that time, even pitching the idea of putting money into Imagination showed that there was interest.

FWIW I don't think we get an announcement on this until Bob announces his successor. If it's Josh, then I think we hear about Figment sooner. If Dana, we hear later. This is of course one hundred percent speculation and reading tea leaves on a windy day.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Upstairs being a shell of its former self they'd be better off booting DVC and moving the gift shop and M&G to this area. It would allow for track extension and new scenes. Wondering too if they couldn't run this in reverse to further differentiate it from version 3. As a cost savings measure, I suspect they'll be greater use of projections for any new version and could definitely see them using it for the Dream Mobile sequence paired with a similarly staged AA scene lifted from HK's Mystic Manor being our introduction to Dreamfinder and Figment... as an example. Wouldn't be surprised to see a new story focus solely on a celebration of the arts or the pursuing of passion projects or hobbies.

pdude81

Upstairs being a shell of its former self they'd be better off booting DVC and moving the gift shop and M&G to this area. It would allow for track extension and new scenes. Wondering too if they couldn't run this in reverse to further differentiate it from version 3. As a cost savings measure, I suspect they'll be greater use of projections for any new version and could definitely see them using it for the Dream Mobile sequence paired with a similarly staged AA scene lifted from HK's Mystic Manor being our introduction to Dreamfinder and Figment... as an example. Wouldn't be surprised to see a new story focus solely on a celebration of the arts or the pursuing of passion projects or hobbies.
Agreed. I suspect whenever this gets refurbed, the lounge is toast and they'll add more accessible ways to get upstairs for the afterparty.

Advisable Joseph

I heard Soul, Inside Out and Muppets were considered within the last ten years (obviously Soul is more recent). Phineas & Ferb were considered for a Lil something also.
If Inside Out was added, you could call the pavillion the Pavillion of the Mind (feat. Journey into Imagination). Maybe add some sensory illusion demonstrations. Figure out how to put a biology/health pavillion relatively nearby, and you could have the complex as part of World Nature, with Imagination as a segue to World Celebration.feat

Hollywood 1939

That pitch didn't go far, I can assume it was a more 'broad' theme than just Imagination.

Yeah, Figment is staying no matter what happens to the ride in some sort of role. He's already the King of EPCOT, but he would just become the God of EPCOT at that point lol. He already has all of this mind you, the ride just helps boost his case.

Figment is safe, any retheming attempts have been swatted down.
Any idea if a rainbow tunnel is part of the potential refurb plans?

FigmentFan82

@PREMiERdrum any possible extra light to shed on potential ideas being tossed around for this? I would hope a "band-aid - just change stuff around with what's there" approach isn't the popular one with WDI

PREMiERdrum

@PREMiERdrum any possible extra light to shed on potential ideas being tossed around for this? I would hope a "band-aid - just change stuff around with what's there" approach isn't the popular one with WDI
I've stayed quiet on this because there's not much of any noise on my end.

With that said, the boss keeps bragging about that giant bucket of money about to rain down from Burbank and internal players are acting accordingly. If the little scuttlebutt I've picked up on is indeed accurate, there could be a nice proposal on the table: New sets, new effects, new story, and a new neighbor. I would be shocked to see a ride layout change, but what's been discussed is a decided improvement and would keep most of us happy.

Moth

I've stayed quiet on this because there's not much of any noise on my end.

With that said, the boss keeps bragging about that giant bucket of money about to rain down from Burbank and internal players are acting accordingly. If the little scuttlebutt I've picked up on is indeed accurate, there could be a nice proposal on the table: New sets, new effects, new story, and a new neighbor. I would be shocked to see a ride layout change, but what's been discussed is a decided improvement and would keep most of us happy.
New story means Figment is kept, right? I know plans can change within 2-3 years (when i last got word) but they're still on for keeping Figment in the ride, yeah?

Mickeynerd17

Yep.

Brass finally tripping over his popularity likely saved the concept from total replacement. He'll be there. Channing won't. How else they walk the tightrope remains to be seen. Or not.
Took them long enough, but at least they finally see the potential. 🙂

Now it really is more a matter of when than if it will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom