Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

SOUL? How do you start that ride? “Whoopsie. You all walked into this building and DIED. Anyways imagination!”
"Once upon a time, everybody died. Welcome to the ride"
Soul was considered? Inside Out I can see, but how do you get to Soul?
That pitch didn't go far, I can assume it was a more 'broad' theme than just Imagination.
What I comprehend from any idea to remove Figment from Epcot is that they would remove his ride, but he would be the mascot of the park. He’d be in creations, he’d have a photo op. He’d have plush toys and t-shirts. Just no ride
Yeah, Figment is staying no matter what happens to the ride in some sort of role. He's already the King of EPCOT, but he would just become the God of EPCOT at that point lol. He already has all of this mind you, the ride just helps boost his case.

Figment is safe, any retheming attempts have been swatted down.

Homemade Imagineering

Figment is safe.

Any Pixar IP has been shot down (Soul and Inside Out) due to some significant individuals not wanting him to leave. And from what I've heard, the popcorn bucket woke them up to realizing how popular he is. The days of worrying about him leaving are behind us, now it's just 'what do they do with him?'.
Okay that is a huge relief, thanks for the clarification, and it’s nice to hear they’re at least headed in a direction that will include more elaborate sets and maybe even The Dreamfinder (who I assume will play a pivotal role in the film). To think we’ll potentially have to keep waiting on the edge of our seats for another decade’s a huge let down, but I suppose we’ve waited this long so may as well keep it up

Inspired Figment

The whole concept of simply “extend the downstairs ImageWorks area for the ride track” with Dreamfinder slapped onto the current attraction is incredibly shortsighted considering that was originally where the OG finale/Dreamfinder taking your photo, unload, and OG small merch stands/shelves were and half of the turntable is literally present in there in the structure. (The other side of it being where the current load/queue area is. This is also where the ride path was to the original introduction scene. The shilouette of Dreamfinder’s dreamcatching machine before you joined onto the turntable Flight/Intro scene. The current loading platform is quite literally sitting on top of the original joining turntable scene) I think someone or numerous people up top don’t actually realize just how much of the OG track and such is actually still there or needs simple tlc to get it working again, most of it is literally just behind some hollow floor and wall boards. No joke.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

The whole concept of simply “extend the downstairs ImageWorks area for the ride track” with Dreamfinder slapped onto the current attraction is incredibly shortsighted considering that was originally where the OG finale/Dreamfinder taking your photo, unload, and OG small merch stands/shelves were and half of the turntable is literally present in there in the structure. (The other side of it being where the current load/queue area is. This is also where the ride path was to the original introduction scene. The shilouette of Dreamfinder’s dreamcatching machine before you joined onto the turntable Flight/Intro scene) I think someone or numerous people up top don’t actually realize just how much of the OG track and such is actually still there or needs tlc… most of it is literally just behind some hollow floor and wall boards. No joke.
Another thing I truly ought to mention btw… considering the amount of changes they could make to Splash Mountain and how much investment they could put into crafting stuff for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. A film that didn’t do well at the box office & barely had much merch when it released. Journey Into Imagination would be nothing considering they don’t even have to craft a new attraction to have a successful revamp. The 1983-98 version is literally right there. Audio & video elements all there in the archives. ‘Guranteed’ success and most of the infrastructure is there and Figment & Dreamfinder merch sells as well as it does. All that really needs to be done is adding back more groups of vehicles, taking out the current sets (which there’s little to none anyway. Lol) and replacing them with replicas of the originals. They should have all the blueprints and stuff to do this successfully. And with the way they’re improving the Country Bear AAs and all, doing that same sort of thing to Dreamfinder & Figment AAs should be simple. Especially considering. The 3 main AAs in the OG ride plus ones that were on display in the Odyssey building & One Man’s Dream could be reinstalled and redressed no problem. They either are or utilize the same molds as the OG animatronics (Sound Lab = Figment with pot of rainbow mist retrofitted onto one of the opening scene dreamcatching machine raising, lowering, and rotating left mechs, Figment in Detour Scene = OG Finale, Current finals astronaut Figment = OG transition from performing arts to science Astronaut Figment repainted.. Odyssey Building display Figment was the original Literature Figment with word blocks (Cat/Bat gag) (the shirt he’s been wearing since his Odyssey building display days is the original finale shirt) and One Man’s Dream is the first Performing Arts scene figure, it’s actually a lot simpler than they think. And most if not every problem with the turntable scene could be ‘easily’ fixed with today’s technology improvement made within WDI.

Last edited:

SailorMercury

Another thing I truly ought to mention btw… considering the amount of changes they could make to Splash Mountain and how much investment they could put into crafting stuff for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. A film that didn’t do well at the box office when it released. Journey Into Imagination would be nothing considering most of the infrustructure is there and Figment & Dreamfinder merch sells as well as it does. All that really needs to be done is adding back more groups of vehicles, taking out the current sets (which there’s little to none anyway. Lol) and replacing them with replicas of the originals. They should have all the blueprints and stuff to do this successfully. And with the way they’re improving the Country Bear AAs and all, doing that same sort of thing to Dreamfinder & Figment AAs should be simple. Especially considering. The 3 main AAs in the OG ride plus ones that were on display in the Odyssey building & One Man’s Dream could be reinstalled and redressed no problem. They either are or utilize the same molds as the OG animatronics.. it’s actually a lot simpler than they think. And most if not every problem with the turntable scene could be ‘easily’ fixed with today’s technology improvement made within WDI.
On the opposite end of this, I feel like Disney would go cheap with the idea that “anything is better than what’s there now,” whereas with Tiana they know that they have to make something that lives up to what it’s replacing.

Inspired Figment

On the opposite end of this, I feel like Disney would go cheap with the idea that “anything is better than what’s there now,” whereas with Tiana they know that they have to make something that lives up to what it’s replacing.
After the 2 other revamps both have gotten intense scrutiny for their cheap, slap-dash fashion they were done? Cmon now... Journey Into Imagination absolutely is another one that needs to live up to what was originally there. Especially when you consider its capacity & popularity back in the day.

In the Parks
No
Another thing I truly ought to mention btw… considering the amount of changes they could make to Splash Mountain and how much investment they could put into crafting stuff for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. A film that didn’t do well at the box office when it released. Journey Into Imagination would be nothing considering they don’t even have to craft a new attraction to have a successful revamp. The 1983-98 version is literally right there. ‘Guranteed’ success and most of the infrastructure is there and Figment & Dreamfinder merch sells as well as it does. All that really needs to be done is adding back more groups of vehicles, taking out the current sets (which there’s little to none anyway. Lol) and replacing them with replicas of the originals. They should have all the blueprints and stuff to do this successfully. And with the way they’re improving the Country Bear AAs and all, doing that same sort of thing to Dreamfinder & Figment AAs should be simple. Especially considering. The 3 main AAs in the OG ride plus ones that were on display in the Odyssey building & One Man’s Dream could be reinstalled and redressed no problem. They either are or utilize the same molds as the OG animatronics.. it’s actually a lot simpler than they think. And most if not every problem with the turntable scene could be ‘easily’ fixed with today’s technology improvement made within WDI.
Do we know the present location of the Dreamfinder animatronics?

Inspired Figment

Do we know the present location of the Dreamfinder animatronics?
They might have to rebuild them.. but considering the original molds are still present. ( been on display at recent D23 exhibits and videos showing the interior WDI figure sculpting room. It should practically cost nothing to make new molds of those and use the updated AA tech they’re using for Country Bears in him & Figment.). There were 11 figures of Dreamfinder, most only utilizing the same mold repositioned and simple head, mouth, & arm movements (5 on the opening turntable scene, 1 in the Work of Art scene, 1 in the Literature scene, 1 in Performing Arts, 1 in Science, 1 that told Figment’s fortune before making way to the finale scene, and then 1 last figure that took/showed your picture at the end ala the Owl in Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Resurrecting the original ride is significantly easier said than done, they did a lot of damage with JIYI. You can't put the turntable back, you'd have to do some insane crafty thing like making five dream mobiles that move on their own around and around in circles. The rest? Yeah, it could theoretically be redone, but the turntable is a huge hurdle.

Inspired Figment

Resurrecting the original ride is significantly easier said than done, they did a lot of damage with JIYI. You can't put the turntable back, you'd have to do some insane crafty thing like making five dream mobiles that move on their own around and around in circles. The rest? Yeah, it could theoretically be redone, but the turntable is a huge hurdle.
But isn’t the turntable mech literally there behind wall & floor boards? I’m certain it’s still there and that it wasn’t removed. You can even see the structure still along the walls and floors if you know where to look, It again probably just needs some tlc to get it running again, much like the disabled/covered over by hollow floor boards, parts of the track.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

That pitch didn't go far, I can assume it was a more 'broad' theme than just Imagination.

Yeah, Figment is staying no matter what happens to the ride in some sort of role. He's already the King of EPCOT, but he would just become the God of EPCOT at that point lol. He already has all of this mind you, the ride just helps boost his case.

Figment is safe, any retheming attempts have been swatted down.
The meme remains evergreen
5cb2c0072f3b2e7cbf252915b53c9a8baccb888a.jpg

Haymarket2008

Oh hey! I heard about the 'swap out Eric Idle for Dreamfinder' rumors awhile back but didn't pay much mind to them. Keep an eye on this type of rumor because it's looking to be the most likely. Though it's important that the show scenes won't stay the same if this is the route they go.

The approach is looking to be 'Imagination 1 on SparkNotes' if they go that route. So the whole 'touch, taste, smell, etc labs' will be gone. There are SOME proposals that want to reinstall the missing track, some want to make it into an omnimover, Imagination has a lot of moving parts in regards to redevelopment, especially as the Figment film project gets further into development.

There is no route where you get Imagination 1 back 1:1, sorry. Also do not expect any of this to happen anytime soon, Your best case scenario is EPCOT 50 right now.

Did you know Imagination and Test Track were supposed to be updated for EPCOT 40? Yeah, some world ending thing happened.

I mean, I sort of expected them to go the Dreamfinder route but keep the infrastructure and just gut the sets and go back to something impressive visually. I'm not against that. I suppose I want something a bit more ambitious, though.

Haymarket2008

Also I think the turntable sequence will most likely become a pre-show of some sorts. I'm thinking an extended version of the pre-show/ opening scene of Mystic Manor.

No way in heck that the turntable comes back.

Earlie the Pearlie

They might have to rebuild them.. but considering the original molds are still present. ( been on display at recent D23 exhibits and videos showing the interior WDI figure sculpting room.
And the mayor of Phantom Canyon! They might have built that animatronic in the 90s, but I’m sure they’ve had to replace the face, so they must still have that mold!

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
That's my concern with Figment. Since people complain about V3 I wouldn't put it past Disney to throw a bandaid on and say "See isn't this better?".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom