Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

I am bummed thinking this is may of been covering their bases for how they were going to have the final message from the Guardians of the Galaxy in Cosmic Rewind.
When theme park creators come up with new tech, they like to implement it in more than one place. I wouldn't give up just yet.

Just because there's no video or audio of imagination breaking down doesn't mean it never happened. I believe there was an issue that they decided to remove rather than fix. Also moving imageworks downstairs was a factor in the decision.
Imageworks, to my understanding, was moved downstairs because post-closure a significant portion of upstairs was not compliant with updated OSHA standards. With funding for the project already abysmal, their best bet was to make a scaled-back Imageworks downstairs. But the turntable caused a lot of issues, and park ops wanted it gone.

Why do people think the pyramids wouldn’t come back? This time with an ADA ramp to the second floor, enough room on the ground floor for a shop, queue and ride. As long as it’s replaced with a similar design I would have no problem with replacing the building.
It's very much a funding thing, and Martin, who has been a prominent insider here, has indicated that with past potential options to re-do Imagination that if the floor of the attraction needed to be completely flattened out for something like trackless ride vehicles that there wouldn't be enough of a budget to keep the pyramids. Granted, that was several years ago, and pre-pandemic.

The decor inside of the Odyssey, the celebration of both Figment and the Dreamfinder and all of classic Imagination are all very positive signals. Yes, the re-do is long overdue, but Disney wouldn't be doing all of this and having a film in development if they wanted Imagination to go away. This is them testing the waters. So if you want Imagination to return to its former glory with even better modern special effects, you should not just be voting with your wallet when it comes to merchandise - give Disney your feedback! Go to Guest Relations and tell them how happy you are to see all of this and how much you want to see Imagination have Figment and the Dreamfinder together again, with the iconic soundtrack and magic that once was. If you can't go in person, write to them on the Contact Us page. Iger and D'Amaro were spotted checking things out. Now is the time, now is the best time to let Disney know how much this all means to you.

SailorMercury

So if you want Imagination to return to its former glory with even better modern special effects, you should not just be voting with your wallet when it comes to merchandise - give Disney your feedback! Go to Guest Relations and tell them how happy you are to see all of this and how much you want to see Imagination have Figment and the Dreamfinder together again, with the iconic soundtrack and magic that once was. If you can't go in person, write to them on the Contact Us page.
This! The morning after the beacons show, I wrote to them about how I appreciated it as a fan and hoped to see this energy back in the actual building, and I’m sure many others did too.

Now is the time, now is the best time to let Disney know how much this all means to you.
I see what you did there.

It's very much a funding thing, and Martin, who has been a prominent insider here, has indicated that with past potential options to re-do Imagination that if the floor of the attraction needed to be completely flattened out for something like trackless ride vehicles that there wouldn't be enough of a budget to keep the pyramids. Granted, that was several years ago, and pre-pandemic.
They couldn’t possibly get rid of the Pyramids! That would be like getting ride of the Castle, or Space Mountain or Splash Mounta… oh no

But in all seriousness I pray we get to keep the pyramids when it does come times for a full ride replacement. One of the most iconic sights in all of Epcot.

Cmdr_Crimson

They couldn’t possibly get rid of the Pyramids! That would be like getting ride of the Castle, or Space Mountain or Splash Mounta… oh no

But in all seriousness I pray we get to keep the pyramids when it does come times for a full ride replacement. One of the most iconic sights in all of Epcot.
Plus where would all of those DVC members get to relax drinking and snacking away their $32,550 investment..The WoL pavillion could just be it's own DVC club in itself now...

FigmentFan82

The Making of Riviera....

The age old tale of how, when a well-funded marketing department and a third party outsourced design firm truly love each other...
I wanted to give Riviera benefit of the doubt, but in person its straight trash. And the sig dining on top floor is a big empty room pretty much. Destino's top floor dining is waaaaaaaaaay better

Epcot82Guy

I wanted to give Riviera benefit of the doubt, but in person its straight trash. And the sig dining on top floor is a big empty room pretty much. Destino's top floor dining is waaaaaaaaaay better

Other than the tower being out of scale with the rest of the resort, I've grown to really enjoy Destino.

HauntedMansionFLA

How hard would it be to change out the windows in the pyramids to something cleaner looking. Plus it’s going to be part of World Celebration. Some sort of light show that goes with Spaceship Earth would be nice.

Inspired Figment

Ummm, is this a test of something? Because I think I could live with Muppets and Figment coexisting over old and decrepit Figment or no Figment at all.

‘Or’ how about just learn from the mistake that retheming to film IP (in the most recent/last case, Honey I Shrunk IP) was a mistake and that there were no issues with Dreamfinder & the original Imagination theme. As such, it should be restored back to its former glory w tech & spfx enhancements/upgrades. Not ‘yet another’ unneccesary film or tv IP overlay.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Slapping the Muppets onto the current ride is going to do ‘nothing’ except continue on the same issue that started with the Honey I Shrunk IP retheming in Journey Into YOUR Imagination and the With Figment version that came right after it. Figment doesn’t ‘need’ tv or film IP to be relevant. It’s on the same level as something like Haunted Mansion. It works as it own thing. Fine if you maybe wanna do a Muppets themed special on Disney Plus.. but a ‘permanent’ ride overlay? Please no. Instead, for the Muppets, why not expand the Muppets Courtyard like originally planned with the Great Muppet Movie ride & the elaborately themed restaurant rather than the bare minimum thing we have now?

Last edited:

Thelazer

I'd be okay with a muppet ride over what the JIYI ride currently is.
I mean, I'd LIKE a JIYI 1.0 back.. but hell, if we can't get it.. bulldoze it and put in the muppts.

Rodj

Honestly, part of me is glad JIYI & JIIwF happened, or else we would of seen current maintenance standards ruin the experience of the original ride(hardly any effects/animatronics would be working properly if it was still open to this day.)

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Not gonna lie, I'd be down for a Muppets retheme/overhaul of Figment. Think about it, you're transported through Muppet Labs as Bunsen and Beaker attempt to see into imagination and things go wrong in true Muppet fashion. Throw in some truly wacky gags, and maybe keeping Figment to cause some mayhem with the Muppets and we'd have a worthy replacement on our hands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom