Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Ravenclaw78

And give us back the 2nd floor. The dvc lounge is ok but it's just a sad reminder of how awesome that pavilion used to be

As a DVC member, I will sorely miss the lounge when it finally closes, but they've been very clear that it's temporary and will close the moment someone finally decides how to re-imagine the Imagination pavilion. Hopefully, somewhere in all the new Future World construction that's coming, they'll build a permanent DVC lounge (with bathrooms!). I doubt it'll actually happen, but building VIP lounges in EPCOT pavilions isn't exactly without precedent.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

the face that dreamfinder even has March in the park or has had it within the past few years tells me something not to mention his D23 appearances. Now if they want to be smart they should do what they should have done years ago and have the ride upstairs loading on the first floor and have a 2 story Image Works located under the glass dome.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Some of it’s true.

V1 > V3 > V2
I can't quite remember V2, I know it was generally negatively received (which is why it was short lived) but was that more of the lack of Figment or just the overall show scenes? You got to wonder who greenlit something that was so poorly received.

trainplane3

I can't quite remember V2, I know it was generally negatively received (which is why it was short lived) but was that more of the lack of Figment or just the overall show scenes? You got to wonder who greenlit something that was so poorly received.
It was everything. The ride was just a boring, poorly budgeted, fun house with poor effects. The fact Figment wasn't there was just something else to hate about the ride.

Castle Cake Apologist

It was a combination of both, but it was a pretty terrible ride overall. The entire premise was that the guests have nothing going on upstairs (much like the freshly gutted pavilion), so Dr. Channing takes them on a Journey Into Optical Illusions and then tells them that they're now creative geniuses.

DreamfinderGuy

As a DVC member, I will sorely miss the lounge when it finally closes, but they've been very clear that it's temporary and will close the moment someone finally decides how to re-imagine the Imagination pavilion. Hopefully, somewhere in all the new Future World construction that's coming, they'll build a permanent DVC lounge (with bathrooms!). I doubt it'll actually happen, but building VIP lounges in EPCOT pavilions isn't exactly without precedent.
There are seven vacant Future World lounges by my count. I think they could spare one.

brb1006

It was a combination of both, but it was a pretty terrible ride overall. The entire premise was that the guests have nothing going on upstairs (much like the freshly gutted pavilion), so Dr. Channing takes them on a Journey Into Optical Illusions and then tells them that they're now creative geniuses.
Also Figment has a cameo during the finale.

trainplane3

Figment was actually in V2, but it's a blink and you'll miss cameo during the finale.
Oh I knew, but that barely counts at all. To say "wow look what you did" really doesn't have an impact to the ride. It made it worse because the ride was over the second you went by him. Talk about disappointments all around.

Bender123

Imagine V3, but with even less...I remember riding it and thinking it felt like they just removed the old ride and didn't bother to put anything back in. It was like riding an Omni through a storage warehouse.

As an added bonus, it started by calling you, essentially, a boring idiot that was devoid of creativity...Ironic, considering what you were in for...

Cmdr_Crimson

No, the creators were saying "You wanna watch Eric Idle get the crap kicked out of him by Figment for seven minutes for saying everybody who rode his ride was braindead and that a bunch of random optical illusions were the solution to fixing your brain?"

They could have easily made him a villian....
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom