Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DreamfinderGuy

Not that any are actually unused, but Siemens lounge?

Oh, wait....
Yeah, you’re right. Don’t the Kodak and Kraft lounges get a lot of cast use? And UTC’s does have offices in there beyond being rentable. That reminds me, do we know what’s happening to the Unisys lounge since they’re radically remodeling East? Is it sticking around or no?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah, you’re right. Don’t the Kodak and Kraft lounges get a lot of cast use? And UTC’s does have offices in there beyond being rentable. That reminds me, do we know what’s happening to the Unisys lounge since they’re radically remodeling East? Is it sticking around or no?
Most if not all lounges now are used by cast. The Kodak lounge would be the most easily manageable to be turned into onstage space I’d imagine. The UTC lounge is rentable event space and otherwise unoccupied, but not as easy to control. The Kraft lounge similarly has too many access and egress issues to have guests just walking around it.

The Sperry Lounge.. I don’t even know what’s become of it now. I’d assume if it’s still intact it’s used for presentations and the like since it had quite a large auditorium. Such a shame. But come the changes I don’t know.

Kman101

Smaller building = cheaper to run?

AH, Disney executive reasoning behind it. LOL. Now it makes sense.

I guess so ... lol

Guess the same mind frame behind dumping buildings already there (Innoventions) ...

I find it hard to believe they'd follow through and demo the thing and rebuild it as Figment. Seems like a lot more effort and time and money but what do I know? lol ... After all, they're demoing Starbucks and character greetings just to rebuild them in smaller singular buildings ...

*Q*

The Sperry Lounge.. I don’t even know what’s become of it now. I’d assume if it’s still intact it’s used for presentations and the like since it had quite a large auditorium. Such a shame. But come the changes I don’t know.
Where was that, was it on the second floor? Do you have pictures?

*Q*

No pictures, but press play...

I'm pretty sure that's the same space I've been up to in the Innoventions era. There's a meeting room with windows that look like they used to look out over some part of CommuniCore, and there were phone-based Guest Relations CMs up there.

brb1006

wish your vids were required reading
I wish those video were required reading for any future Imagineer.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

It definitely still is from the outside. Here’s my most recent pics I can find
04479286-8AE2-41B0-8045-1375ECD629A0.jpeg
FC39400D-BD70-4182-9BF2-BDD55B46AD5A.jpeg

And let’s not forget about poor old WorldKey. One of I believe two still recognizable console areas.
CB9AFDB1-A2E7-4A33-945C-5809A72F8316.jpeg

BlakeW39

Unfortunately I did not ride the old ride; but one thing I do know is that if everyone is so passionate about it, there must have been something special about and its characters.

So I'd want to see him and Dreamfinder return. But I do want Epcot to be a park of tomorrow and not one of yesterday. It needs to find a balance between stayibg true to the original concept and loyal to its fans and becoming a museum for 40yo buildings and attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom