Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

I noticed this and hoped it was a one-off thing. I was there one day and it was 1983, and when I came back two years later it was 1999. Very strange. It’s a weird sounding loop!
Because the first half of it is from the 2.0 version of the ride and the remaining parts of the loop is the musical scores of Flubber and Honey I Blew Up the Kid..

I wanna hear from the people who attended this thing irl & then went into experience it immediately after. I’ve always called it the Houghton Mifflin ceremony because of the terrible projections on the pyramids. Y2K nightmare fuel
The opening footage being lost media only adds to how mysterious JIYI is. Don’t get me wrong, JIYI is an awful attempt at a update to the original, but the fact that there’s little to no information about it’s development, design, construction, or hell it’s opening ceremony makes the ride a complete enigma. It’s honestly kinda cool finding rare information about this turd of a ride

Inspired Figment

The opening footage being lost media only adds to how mysterious JIYI is. Don’t get me wrong, JIYI is an awful attempt at a update to the original, but the fact that there’s little to no information about it’s development, design, construction, or hell it’s opening ceremony makes the ride a complete enigma. It’s honestly kinda cool finding rare information about this turd of a ride
Honestly, I’d find it interesting to hear and find out more regarding the development of the 2002 “fix” myself aswell. I only know bits and pieces like who the show producer was and such. But that’s it. Not much else.

Homemade Imagineering

I’m a huge sucker for anything lost media, & frankly JII & it’s three renditions are no stranger to the phenomena. There are zero production photos I’ve seen of JIYI, only a few things have surfaced including the bizarre animations done for the finale of the attraction and this opening ceremony. You’d think someone would’ve recorded the full ceremony amongst everyone in the crowd

Inspired Figment

So here’s something I just realized that no one else seems to have taken notice of.. so you know how the Dr. Channing moon face projection is a callback to Horizons in the current one? Well.. “the Figment’s commute to the institute” light up footprints making our way to the Friends of Figment Blast finale, that’s a callback to the light up caveman footprints from the beginning of the World of Motion. Didn’t even think of it til now.

Homemade Imagineering

What’s up with this DVC ImaginAtrium thing? Guess the lounge will be sticking around for a little while longer 😕although the updated paint scheme & the archival photos exhibit give me some hope.

Looks like they’re repainting the interior as well, hopefully by some miracle that also includes the exterior’s original color scheme making a comeback.

Inspired Figment

What’s up with this DVC ImaginAtrium thing? Guess the lounge will be sticking around for a little while longer 😕although the updated paint scheme & the archival photos exhibit give me some hope.

Looks like they’re repainting the interior as well, hopefully by some miracle that also includes the exterior’s original color scheme making a comeback.
Updated paint scheme & archival photos?? Mind linking some photos or an article about it to us? Didnt even hear about that.

Homemade Imagineering

SaveDinosaur

Guys bad news…the imagination bathrooms are no longer playing the original 1983 music loop. Instead it’s the 1999 music now
Every day, we hear tiresome and frustrating news about Trash Iger’s mismanagement eroding Disney’s legacy. It seems like they find something negative to do daily... It’s also baffling how Disney seems to hate their fans. Why not just leave that small Easter egg in a bathroom that almost no one even knows about? Meanwhile, Universal appears to cherish their mega-fans and honors past attractions, while Disney obviously doesn't care about us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom