Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Sneaky

I am all for a 1:1 sparknotes version with an elaborate preshow. Bring it on, and keep Muppets in DHS!!! No HoP, no Imagination, they should remain in their park and frankly if Monsters takes over, they should receive a brand new space & darkride where AC currently sits
Me too. I hope it happens, I need it. Especially as someone who’s top five favorite Disney attractions included splash mountain, original country bears, and muppetvision 3D. been a rough few years as a fan, let me have this.

I am all for a 1:1 sparknotes version with an elaborate preshow. Bring it on, and keep Muppets in DHS!!! No HoP, no Imagination, they should remain in their park and frankly if Monsters takes over, they should receive a brand new space & darkride where AC currently sits
Agreed - hopefully people can set aside their egos and admit that it was a mistake to get rid of the original and that the older imagineers actually knew a thing or two about fun

Homemade Imagineering

IMG_7285.jpeg

Saw this guy’s comments over on the Cars thread about ROA & it seems like he’s fairly well informed. I sure hope this isn’t something that’s still being considered, I hate the idea of a crossover attraction more and more each day, especially after the news on ROA & Muppets being endangered. I feel like we all need this win. No crossovers, nothing. The original spirit of the attraction back in full force & I will not settle for anything less

MerlinTheGoat

I thought that Pete Docter specifically didn't want to put Inside Out into Imagination ride because that's Figment's ride - hopefully he hasnt' changed his mind. Is there any way they could build an expansion to WoL to fit a ride behind it?
A lot of the space behind the WoL building on its north side is now occupied by Cosmic Rewind. It might be conceivable to expand to its eastern rear (behind the former Cranium Command section), but there's an imagineering building in the way that would need to go and the road would also need to be rerouted (again). Maybe not impossible, but unlikely and also probably not necessary.

The WoL pavilion has mostly been gutted mostly down to bare metal and concrete inside. The former Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces combined amounts to approximately 40,000 square feet. If those two spaces could be combined together (which seems like it might be possible, that's a respectably large whole that could house a decently large dark ride. Especially if they use a ride system that is space efficient (as in something not trackless, maybe an omnimover or even just a traditional bus-bar like system). It's about the same square footage as WDW's Haunted Mansion or Ratatouille (not including the queue).

That also isn't really including the main "dome" lobby. Add that onto the size and the WoL pavilion is close to 85,000 square feet in total.

Last edited:

KDM31091

Seems like we're forgetting about the worldwide pandemic that ground the company's revenue to a halt in the middle of the Epcot overhaul.
WDW was not even closed for that long, plus it more than made up lost revenue with revenge travel. It was just used as an excuse to cut budgets IMO

KDM31091

A lot of the space behind the WoL building on its north side is now occupied by Cosmic Rewind. It might be conceivable to expand to its eastern rear (behind the former Cranium Command section), but there's an imagineering building in the way that would need to go and the road would also need to be rerouted (again). Maybe not impossible, but unlikely and also probably not necessary.

The WoL pavilion has mostly been gutted mostly down to bare metal and concrete inside. The former Body Wars and Cranium Command spaces combined amounts to approximately 40,000 square feet. If those two spaces could be combined together (which seems like it might be possible, that's a respectably large whole that could house a decently large dark ride. Especially if they use a ride system that is space efficient (as in something not trackless, maybe an omnimover or even just a traditional bus-bar like system). It's about the same square footage as WDW's Haunted Mansion or Ratatouille (not including the queue).

That also isn't really including the main "dome" lobby. Add that onto the size and the WoL pavilion is close to 85,000 square feet in total.
Why are they so against using WoL?

DreamfinderGuy

Why are they so against using WoL?
WoL is a tough space to work with. Extremely purpose built and doesn't lend itself to doing anything more than another stab at WoL's attraction lineup very well, especially now that Cosmic Rewind and WDI FL preclude them from expanding the building. Even the last proposal didn't use any of the main attraction facilities, it was just a reuse of the dome. It's significantly easier for them to continue ignoring it and focus on new builds/gut and rebuilds with structures easier to work with (like Universe of Energy)

FigmentFan82

WoL is a tough space to work with. Extremely purpose built and doesn't lend itself to doing anything more than another stab at WoL's attraction lineup very well, especially now that Cosmic Rewind and WDI FL preclude them from expanding the building. Even the last proposal didn't use any of the main attraction facilities, it was just a reuse of the dome. It's significantly easier for them to continue ignoring it and focus on new builds/gut and rebuilds with structures easier to work with (like Universe of Energy)
I feel like ordering some fresh simulators to put in body wars area would be a fairly easy thing to do. but what do i know?

Homemade Imagineering

I thought that Pete Docter specifically didn't want to put Inside Out into Imagination ride because that's Figment's ride - hopefully he hasnt' changed his mind. Is there any way they could build an expansion to WoL to fit a ride behind it?
I certainly hope not. I’m hoping whatever this is I’m reading far too much into it, I’m not even sure whether this guy is much of an insider. Frankly it’s just very difficult to be optimistic right now, the sensationalist in me begins to buzz whenever I see stuff like this

UNCgolf

Ideally they'd move those WDI offices elsewhere and expand into that location, but I'm sure that's one of the last things they'd choose to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom