Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

necott99

Above all, I think that this removal of TSI and ROA should tell us all one thing - absolutely nothing is sacred to current management. If they see an opportunity, they can, and will, remove or replace any attraction. I firmly believe this goes for anything. Quite literally, anything.

Moth

Above all, I think that this removal of TSI and ROA should tell us all one thing - absolutely nothing is sacred to current management. If they see an opportunity, they can, and will, remove or replace any attraction. I firmly believe this goes for anything. Quite literally, anything.
Those two didn't have marketable little characters to make merch off of. That's why the Bears lived and those two didn't. The main thing the company wants is marketable little guys

Inspired Figment

Huh. That's a pitch for the pavilion I haven't heard in awhile obviously sparked by recent events. Let's see where this vine from the grapevine takes me.
What pitch? Don’t see anything in this thread atleast. Did you mean to respond to a post of mine or another’s in the Monsters, Inc thread?

Homemade Imagineering

Huh. That's a pitch for the pavilion I haven't heard in awhile obviously sparked by recent events. Let's see where this vine from the grapevine takes me.
The “sparked by recent events” gives me hope. Now gonna ponder on this overnight 😭
IMG_7278.gif

BasiltheBatLord

They can't have another disaster like the hype for the new EPCOT that was a budget cut failure by the end...Surely they have budgeted these plans before announcing them, and will be pushing them to completion...
Seems like we're forgetting about the worldwide pandemic that ground the company's revenue to a halt in the middle of the Epcot overhaul.

Sneaky

With the muppet rumors all over the wall, I think of the original muppet labs plans for this space. I have a question for everyone:
WOULD YOU RATHER
have dreamfinder and figment in the half track imagination, and maybe inside out in the magic eye
OR
muppets plans in imagination are brought back. Figment remains, but muppetvision goes in the magic eye, and a muppet labs ride goes in imagination. Dreamfinder is probably gone forever.

Epcot82Guy

With the muppet rumors all over the wall, I think of the original muppet labs plans for this space. I have a question for everyone:
WOULD YOU RATHER
have dreamfinder and figment in the half track imagination, and maybe inside out in the magic eye
OR
muppets plans in imagination are brought back. Figment remains, but muppetvision goes in the magic eye, and a muppet labs ride goes in imagination. Dreamfinder is probably gone forever.

Neither. I would take the first option with Muppets in Magic Eye.

The problem is Muppet Labs is Muppets-adjacent. They are hosting the concept. It also is more limited in characters who make sense. Where Muppets 3D (and others like Great Moments) are more about the Muppets and their humor. I think Figment and Dreamfinder (done properly) have way longer a shelf-life.

Sneaky

WOULD YOU RATHER
OR

Neither. I would take the first option with Muppets in Magic Eye.

The problem is Muppet Labs is Muppets-adjacent. They are hosting the concept. It also is more limited in characters who make sense. Where Muppets 3D (and others like Great Moments) are more about the Muppets and their humor. I think Figment and Dreamfinder (done properly) have way longer a shelf-life.
Lord that’s what I want. I want it so bad. I’m nervous though that the new location in imagination would make the attendance sink way lower than it was in DHS

Epcot82Guy

Lord that’s what I want. I want it so bad. I’m nervous though that the new location in imagination would make the attendance sink way lower than it was in DHS

I would still love to see IMAG be the WDI pavilion, with that (and Figment) being the "IP"...

Though a "WDI hires the Muppets" film would be an idea I could fully get behind...

I also think a cool, weird food location on an expanded terrace would help the audience a lot.

Sneaky

I would still love to see IMAG be the WDI pavilion, with that (and Figment) being the "IP"...

Though a "WDI hires the Muppets" film would be an idea I could fully get behind...

I also think a cool, weird food location on an expanded terrace would help the audience a lot.
I wish the muppets could be in more than just “films” at the parks. I want a muppets dark ride. It still could work well today with the right concept.

Brer Panther

A Muppets dark ride would be an excellent addition to Hollywood Studios. If not my "The Great Gonzo's Daredevil Academy" concept (which Disney would probably never do, even if they DID want to do a Muppets dark ride), something a la Tokyo's Monsters Inc. ride has potential - what if the Muppets were getting ready to do a show at the Hollywood Bowl (hey, it wouldn't be the first time!), but the Muppets were scattered around Hollywood ten minutes before showtime, and Kermit and Fozzie need your help finding them all?

AidenRodriguez731

I wish the muppets could be in more than just “films” at the parks. I want a muppets dark ride. It still could work well today with the right concept.
Removing Hall of Presidents with Muppets? Make a muppet omnimover dark ride with the muppets trying (and failing) at telling US History. Similar to great moments in History but including a few new scenes such as "The Shot Heard Round the World" The Battle of Yorktown, Boston Tea Party, etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom