Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

There is nothing left in the building to archive. Anything that was not taken by the archives in 2019 was destroyed (ironically including a sign that was supposed to be archived).
Me walking out of WOL with a floor tile shaped stomach:

But yeah. There's nothing left in WOL. Genuinely it's not worth to invest in the building at all. Use the space for something else. Weather pavilion? Time pavilion? Music pavilion? Whatever. Anything would be better than an ugly, slowly falling apart, orange dome.

The Leader of the Club

But yeah. There's nothing left in WOL. Genuinely it's not worth to invest in the building at all. Use the space for something else. Weather pavilion? Time pavilion? Music pavilion? Whatever. Anything would be better than an ugly, slowly falling apart, orange dome.
I think we should make it a STEM pavilion. Big Hero 6 can be the anchoring IP with a Web-Slingers style shooter and a Baymax M&G. It can also host animatronic demonstrations and act as an exhibition space for upcoming WDI projects.

doctornick

But do you mean tear down the entire building or do you mean use the existing done to put something completely different there. I know retrofitting can be costly and difficult, but it seems kinda pointless to me to not just put a new ride/show/exhibits/whatever into the existing WoL space.

doctornick

Let me double down here. Inside Out in Magic Eye? Harmless! It's not worse than Captain EO next to Imagination. Not worse than Magic Journeys, HISTA, and now the Disney Shorts compilation. I get why people don't want the ride part, and that isn't happening. Figment sells too much merch in parks and is still a valuable IP to Disney. Having an Inside Out anchor next door will only increase the amount of eyes ON Figment.

Nobody will shed tears if the current film went, and will be happy if anything went into the pavilion that wasn't another M&G.

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if an Inside Out movie ends up in Magic Eye - that would be better than what is there now and I'd be cool with putting Joy in the old Mickey M&G spot as well. If it leads to more foot traffic and a desire to make the Imagination ride into something actual worthy of the name, awesome.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
For sure, I’d absolutely take advantage of the sloped track segments, in an ideal world 1.0 is rebuilt from the ground up with plussed AAs, & today’s technology would allow them to pull out all the stops with anything they decided to abandon for the 83’ version. So much potential there. If they really wanted to lean into the coaster aspect I suppose they could extend the track upstairs, especially to compensate for a loss of track elsewhere if they decide on keeping the modified layout from 99’. Extending a show scene into the 2nd floor intertwining with a new Imageworks could be very atmospheric, ala Grand Fiesta Tour or DL’s POTC & their respective restaurants
The ideal version is to tear it all down (keeping the pyramids) and doing Figment justice IMO taking inspiration from the original.

DreamfinderGuy

But do you mean tear down the entire building or do you mean use the existing done to put something completely different there. I know retrofitting can be costly and difficult, but it seems kinda pointless to me to not just put a new ride/show/exhibits/whatever into the existing WoL space.
WoL is an extremely difficult building to work with, hence why so many plans for the space have all fallen through and the one to get furthest along only used the dome area. The idea of it ever housing a major attraction again is nothing more than a daydream at this point. If they don’t figure out another use for the space within the next ~10 years, I don’t see them continuing to attempt resurrecting it. Easier to level it and start over with a clean slate.

aladdin2007

WoL is an extremely difficult building to work with, hence why so many plans for the space have all fallen through and the one to get furthest along only used the dome area. The idea of it ever housing a major attraction again is nothing more than a daydream at this point. If they don’t figure out another use for the space within the next ~10 years, I don’t see them continuing to attempt resurrecting it. Easier to level it and start over with a clean slate.
essentially its two show buildings branching out from the back of the dome. Whether they were actually connected to each other (as really one) I can't recall, do you know? I thought they were separate.

DreamfinderGuy

essentially its two show buildings branching out from the back of the dome. Whether they were actually connected to each other (as really one) I can't recall, do you know? I thought they were separate.
It depends on what you mean by that, technically yes it could all be hollowed out into one awkwardly shaped show building. There are corridors, stairwells, elevators, pathways of some type connecting all of them together in some form or another. That said, it basically is four buildings duct taped together; the dome, Body Wars, Cranium theatre, and support wing (corporate lounge). If you really wanna split hairs you could even argue it's five considering the simulator pits for Body Wars are essentially their own thing, and they're currently treated as such since they're not part of the project site and in active use by the EPCOT events team.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wasn't that literally a plan at one point? A demo of the existing pavilion?
It was selective demolition of the Pavilion. What they demoed is hard to say but there was a post about it when it happened..

DreamfinderGuy

It was selective demolition of the Pavilion. What they demoed is hard to say but there was a post about it when it happened..
This was to demolish two of the soundproof walls in the Body Wars pits. For whatever reason they left the third one intact.

Haymarket2008

Sorry, I meant the Imagination Pavilion. I recall there being talk from insiders about it.

vikescaper

When did Disney remove the interior connection between the ride and the Magic Eye Theater? Was it removed during the Journey Into Imagination to Journey Into Your Imagination conversion or was it when Honey I Shrunk the Audience premiered?

GenChi

Giving IO ME would be great. My fear has been they are going to see ME as too small a representation when IO2 is going to become the top grossing Pixar film in a few days, very likely overtaking Frozens and Mario for the top animated overall, and it's not even a month in. The way this leadership has ran, even with Figment such a popular character and seller, have a hard time seeing them give IO the side theater while the main ride is reserved for a (for now) non-film IP that is almost entirely known by park fanatics and has many other options for him to stay, even if they co-share the ride.

If Journey Inside Out Imagination with Figment happens? Now I can't say I'd be surprised, or not forewarned.

cyxwhxwy6i9d1.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

When did Disney remove the interior connection between the ride and the Magic Eye Theater? Was it removed during the Journey Into Imagination to Journey Into Your Imagination conversion or was it when Honey I Shrunk the Audience premiered?
Removed during the lobby renovations from JII to JIYI. The idea was the down escalator would feed into Magic Eye. Closing the second floor meant no need for a down escalator, which meant no need for a walkway to Magic Eye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom