Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Sneaky

HAH. God I wish they would've done that. Space is cute but Horizons would've been crazy.

Honestly from what I remember (2-3 years ago), Space is basically the same end result, just a different name. Horizons needs to stay dead to milk more merch, duh!

Goodbye Mesa Verde Pork Ribs .... goodbye Alpha Centauri Bubble Tea...
I actually think a horizons restaurant could work if done well. Tbh what I would’ve done is a rotating restaurant ala garden grill, but instead of seeing scenes from the land, we would see scenes from the three futures from the ride as we turned (sea castle, mesa verde, and brava centuri!), and you could “choose your return” upon leaving the resturaunt.

Brer Oswald

Both Martin and (for those who remember him as another reputable source of info) Lee said years back that the turntable would never move again. I don't know if this means that construction crews during the V2 overhaul did something to permanently damage it and prevent it from ever being repaired with any reasonable sum of money (like concreting/welding it in place or some other destructive act), or if it just refers to there being an iron-clad agreement from everyone at Disney to never attempt to fix it. But either way, it doesn't seem like it will ever return. I just assume it would be deemed as either impossible, or too cost prohibitive to get it working again (probably more the latter because most things DO ultimately have a price tag, however difficult).

Repairing and re-extending the original longer track layout seems like it would be more feasible. At least i'd assume so, I don't really know for sure. I think there are still parts of the old track allegedly underneath the flooring of the queue/load areas. Not that I think this would be likely either, but it's probably more reasonable of a hope than the turntable working again.

I actually had pretty much the same basic ideas. Including recreating the Flight into Imagination scene via a standing preshow at the end of the queue right before load/unload. Basically what Dinosaur does with its preshow (or alternately, the double Haunted Mansion stretching rooms at WDW), but as a return of the original physical scene instead of a video.

Basically here's what I sketched up using Park Lore's layouts as a basis (thanks very much to them for providing these nice drawings)-

View attachment 792630

Imageworks moves back upstairs where it belongs. The downstairs lobby is restored as closely as possible to its original bright pastel colored mural-adorned open space cyllindrical glory. A spiraling queue that also uses this freed up open space (going out on a limb here and assume that this ride would probably command much longer waits than what is there right now). At the end, a standing recreation of the Rise into the Clouds and Flight into Imagination scenes. That scene was approximately three and a half minutes, which is very similar to the runtime of other preshows like Dinosaur's. Double alternating theaters so the queue doesn't halt for too long (some lost capacity/efficiency is inevitable without the turntable sadly).

I've moved and consolidated the load and unload areas, freeing up space for other scenes. Load is now the entry into the Dreamport. There was also some extra space to expand the initial Dreamport ride scene, so I went ahead and used it. After that, most of the original ride should now be possible to recreate faithfully until the film reel tunnel and finale. This is why I consolidated and moved the load and unload further up the track, to free up some more space for a new finale based on the original. At unload, I sort of just came up with a purpleish/blue prismatic exit tunnel, not unlike the rainbow one upstairs but with colors that more closely reflect the downstairs lobby and Figment/Dreamfinder. At the end of that, I threw Disney a (undeserved) bone since they love their giftshops. Whatever incentive it takes to get the ride done right and actualy keep it around.

Guess this belongs in the armchair section, but eh.
This is really good, and exactly the (best case) scenario I am hoping for.

Haymarket2008

Both Martin and (for those who remember him as another reputable source of info) Lee said years back that the turntable would never move again. I don't know if this means that construction crews during the V2 overhaul did something to permanently damage it and prevent it from ever being repaired with any reasonable sum of money (like concreting/welding it in place or some other destructive act), or if it just refers to there being an iron-clad agreement from everyone at Disney to never attempt to fix it. But either way, it doesn't seem like it will ever return. I just assume it would be deemed as either impossible, or too cost prohibitive to get it working again (probably more the latter because most things DO ultimately have a price tag, however difficult).

Repairing and re-extending the original longer track layout seems like it would be more feasible. At least i'd assume so, I don't really know for sure. I think there are still parts of the old track allegedly underneath the flooring of the queue/load areas. Not that I think this would be likely either, but it's probably more reasonable of a hope than the turntable working again.

I actually had pretty much the same basic ideas. Including recreating the Flight into Imagination scene via a standing preshow at the end of the queue right before load/unload. Basically what Dinosaur does with its preshow (or alternately, the double Haunted Mansion stretching rooms at WDW), but as a return of the original physical scene instead of a video.

Basically here's what I sketched up using Park Lore's layouts as a basis (thanks very much to them for providing these nice drawings)-

View attachment 792630

Imageworks moves back upstairs where it belongs. The downstairs lobby is restored as closely as possible to its original bright pastel colored mural-adorned open space cyllindrical glory. A spiraling queue that also uses this freed up open space (going out on a limb here and assume that this ride would probably command much longer waits than what is there right now). At the end, a standing recreation of the Rise into the Clouds and Flight into Imagination scenes. That scene was approximately three and a half minutes, which is very similar to the runtime of other preshows like Dinosaur's. Double alternating theaters so the queue doesn't halt for too long (some lost capacity/efficiency is inevitable without the turntable sadly).

I've moved and consolidated the load and unload areas, freeing up space for other scenes. Load is now the entry into the Dreamport. There was also some extra space to expand the initial Dreamport ride scene, so I went ahead and used it. After that, most of the original ride should now be possible to recreate faithfully until the film reel tunnel and finale. This is why I consolidated and moved the load and unload further up the track, to free up some more space for a new finale based on the original. At unload, I sort of just came up with a purpleish/blue prismatic exit tunnel, not unlike the rainbow one upstairs but with colors that more closely reflect the downstairs lobby and Figment/Dreamfinder. At the end of that, I threw Disney a (undeserved) bone since they love their giftshops. Whatever incentive it takes to get the ride done right and actualy keep it around.

This is PERFECTION. No reason that the original Dreamflight sequence couldn't be a super impressive and effective pre-show. Load is in the Dreamport. Works super well.

Homemade Imagineering

View attachment 792630

Fantastic concept, I’d imagined something similar akin to the MMRR preshow, letting out into the cartoon world in the same vein as the Dreamport. If they are indeed planning to greenlight a sparknotes version of 1.0 this is really the only way to go. In fact I’d argue that wouldn’t even necessarily be a “sparknotes” version if they’re able to incorporate even more elaborate effects within the preshow to offset the loss of turntable. Only difference in those two is sitting down vs standing & there is alot of potential to include elaborate sets within load/unload. I HOPE this is what’s being greenlit, I’m a little worried they’ll stick Figment in with Inside Out considering the timing of this but I’d like to remain optimistic that’s reserved for Magic Eye & they’re using it as bait to redo the attraction. I’ll take Moth’s word it’ll be in good hands

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

I saw some PLAY! merch actually. WIPs but, Inside Out and BH6 were gonna end up in there from what I remember. This is older stuff haha. I dont wanna give away where my info and other sources are but they're not like up close and personal with blueprints yknow? They get told the gist and they work on what they work on.
They were pretty far along with that stuff. If you dig around there’s public documentation on all the merch and their intended release dates (Q3 2021 iirc 😂)

Tha Realest

View attachment 792559

#ANDNEW

Next on the chopping block is....

Not the character. The character isn't leaving.

I have it on good word that Imagination is next up after TT reopens. I don't know specifics outside of Figment still being apart of the pavilion.

SSE could like, still jump ahead. But Imagination is currently being looked at for development after TT is active.

We could be back.

I doubt Journey Into Imagination will be active until Tropical Americas and Beyond Big Thunder are done though. But you could see it go down once work starts on either or. I expect it to be up before Studio's work is done. (whatever it may be, that is something still in flux because it's prime real-estate)

But intentions are serious. But rest assured. Imagination and SSE are in good arms.

It's kinda sad that this is basically the original post just years later, huh? What else can you do...

This is also kinda the end of information I have that'd interest yall. The other stuff is more mundane/stuff that's scrapped.
Glad to hear Figment is being saved.

What about Dreamfinder?

Moth

To be fair, the murals feature things like Horizons and the robot butler too.
Horizons Bar and Grill lingers in the shadows. Waiting to be unleashed.

Oh God, what if they kill Figment and that's what they use to save themselves?!

They were pretty far along with that stuff. If you dig around there’s public documentation on all the merch and their intended release dates (Q3 2021 iirc 😂)
WEW. Makes you wonder when they called it completely off.
Was anything actually installed?

Are there recent photos of what the inside looks like?
No recent images of the inside publicly (some people have seen the inside but are sworn to secrecy), but I remember people reporting testing was going on in there.

Haymarket2008

View attachment 792559

#ANDNEW

Next on the chopping block is....

Not the character. The character isn't leaving.

I have it on good word that Imagination is next up after TT reopens. I don't know specifics outside of Figment still being apart of the pavilion.

SSE could like, still jump ahead. But Imagination is currently being looked at for development after TT is active.

We could be back.

I doubt Journey Into Imagination will be active until Tropical Americas and Beyond Big Thunder are done though. But you could see it go down once work starts on either or. I expect it to be up before Studio's work is done. (whatever it may be, that is something still in flux because it's prime real-estate)

But intentions are serious. But rest assured. Imagination and SSE are in good arms.

It's kinda sad that this is basically the original post just years later, huh? What else can you do...

This is also kinda the end of information I have that'd interest yall. The other stuff is more mundane/stuff that's scrapped.

Paging @PREMiERdrum

Moth

Dwelling on it more, I think the timeline could be subject to change (because Disney Stuff) and timeline was just guessimating from what people In The Know have said here. I dunno, I have a headache.

Just don't expect Test Track 3 to reopen and then Imagination closes next day. Things may be more gradual.

Blah blah blah endgoal is 2032, we have time.

All I have that's solid is

-There's a plan.
-Figment is staying.
-Flip a coin on Dreamfinder.
-Will likely happen before SSE. Could happen after or overlap.

James Alucobond

Horizons Bar and Grill lingers in the shadows. Waiting to be unleashed.

Oh God, what if they kill Figment and that's what they use to save themselves?!
*shrug* Just replace one of the restaurants in The Land with it. The name already works, and it could be set in Mesa Verde. If it comes with an interior refresh of the pavilion, all the better.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

View attachment 792630

This looks fantastic. Well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom