Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

zipadee999

I hope they aren't dumb enough to think a light refurb of Imagination would be well received. This is a "go big or go home" situation.
Yes, the main issue right now isn’t even with the institute theme (even though it’s horrific), it’s with the cheap sets and shortened layout. Anything built using the JIYI bones will be awful, even if they throw dreamfinder in there. To give us what we want, they need to reinstall the full and complete original layout, or gut the building and start fresh while building on the themes and scenarios of the original.

Moth

Oh hey! I heard about the 'swap out Eric Idle for Dreamfinder' rumors awhile back but didn't pay much mind to them. Keep an eye on this type of rumor because it's looking to be the most likely. Though it's important that the show scenes won't stay the same if this is the route they go.

The approach is looking to be 'Imagination 1 on SparkNotes' if they go that route. So the whole 'touch, taste, smell, etc labs' will be gone. There are SOME proposals that want to reinstall the missing track, some want to make it into an omnimover, Imagination has a lot of moving parts in regards to redevelopment, especially as the Figment film project gets further into development.

There is no route where you get Imagination 1 back 1:1, sorry. Also do not expect any of this to happen anytime soon, Your best case scenario is EPCOT 50 right now.

Did you know Imagination and Test Track were supposed to be updated for EPCOT 40? Yeah, some world ending thing happened.

Brer Oswald

Alicia Stella has mentioned that “people seem to think Figment is getting a refurb” whatever that means. She then said maybe something simple like replacing Nigel & institute stuff and reinstating Dreamfinder. I’m not sure if this is an actual rumor or just a tangent they went off on during the podcast.
Talk about bandaid on top of bandaid 💀

DreamfinderGuy

Oh hey! I heard about the 'swap out Eric Idle for Dreamfinder' rumors awhile back but didn't pay much mind to them. Keep an eye on this type of rumor because it's looking to be the most likely. Though it's important that the show scenes won't stay the same if this is the route they go.

The approach is looking to be 'Imagination 1 on SparkNotes' if they go that route. So the whole 'touch, taste, smell, etc labs' will be gone. There are SOME proposals that want to reinstall the missing track, some want to make it into an omnimover, Imagination has a lot of moving parts in regards to redevelopment, especially as the Figment film project gets further into development.

There is no route where you get Imagination 1 back 1:1, sorry. Also do not expect any of this to happen anytime soon, Your best case scenario is EPCOT 50 right now.

Did you know Imagination and Test Track were supposed to be updated for EPCOT 40? Yeah, some world ending thing happened.
On one hand, terrible. On the other, an improvement is an improvement I guess.
There are SOME proposals that want to reinstall the missing track, some want to make it into an omnimover, Imagination has a lot of moving parts in regards to redevelopment, especially as the Figment film project gets further into development.
There is no chance they do a 1:1 restoration of the track unless they do some crazy stuff with the turntable. It'll never work like it did before again.

In the Parks
No

I don't see them ever putting the missing track back, and the turntable is toast. But I could accept Dreamfinder on the current track layout, though it's awfully short.

Moth

On one hand, terrible. On the other, an improvement is an improvement I guess.
Oh absolutely, this should be a crowning gem for EPCOT, Imagination needs more than a cheap retheme as it stands. I wouldn't mind an extended track but....
There is no chance they do a 1:1 restoration of the track unless they do some crazy stuff with the turntable. It'll never work like it did before again.
They're not re-doing the turntable. Any current ideas of making the ride longer mostly involve sacrificing ImageWorks.
I don't see them ever putting the missing track back, and the turntable is toast. But I could accept Dreamfinder on the current track layout, though it's awfully short.
Oh it's short and dreadful. 7:30 versus 11 is a tough sell. I wonder what they could do to get those extra 3:30 back?
Unfortunately I don't think Disney can "go big" anymore when replacing rides. Given people bemoan Figment 3.0, they could slap a bandaid on it and people would see it as "Good enough". they'd have room to play it safe with this.
Also this, keeping Figment is going to be seen as a huge win. I heard other proposals for Imagination and I think at least 2/3 of the ones I got told about would've caused rioting in the forums.

Y'all wouldn't have minded Muppets, right? Maybe it'd be 3/3....

In the Parks
No
Oh absolutely, this should be a crowning gem for EPCOT, Imagination needs more than a cheap retheme as it stands. I wouldn't mind an extended track but....

They're not re-doing the turntable. Any current ideas of making the ride longer mostly involve sacrificing ImageWorks.

Oh it's short and dreadful. 7:30 versus 11 is a tough sell. I wonder what they could do to get those extra 3:30 back?

Also this, keeping Figment is going to be seen as a huge win. I heard other proposals for Imagination and I think at least 2/3 of the ones I got told about would've caused rioting in the forums.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually be okay with Muppets there in this current age of "whatever."

peng

People like the muppets, disney barely uses them, but more muppets would be nice. Not sure if they would be a good fit for imagination though, I'd bring back the great muppet movie ride or do something with them at DCA (muppetvision 2 maybe).

zipadee999

People like the muppets, disney barely uses them, but more muppets would be nice. Not sure if they would be a good fit for imagination though, I'd bring back the great muppet movie ride or do something with them at DCA (muppetvision 2 maybe).
I’d rather have the muppets than any other IP in this spot, but putting anything here other than figment is a slap in the face to Epcot. I’d rather see the great muppet movie ride come back as a joint research and development between DHS and DCA.

That is unless they do something in the Magic Eye theater with Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker trying to test our imaginations

trainplane3

- Sounds good to most people
- More ride stops but that would be pretty annoying considering how the ride isn't designed for ride stops (see the awkward angles it parks at currently)

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Whatever happens to Figment, I just hope they keep the best part of the current ride as an Easter egg-
FJE-vuLWYAwuNRM.jpeg

Earlie the Pearlie

I would take the shortened track. I would love to expand into the ImageWorks too. I know the turntable won’t come back, but if they put that as a stop to lengthen the ride, I guess I don’t mind. The most important things here are Figment, Dreamfinder, and the sets. Everything else is tertiary.

Homemade Imagineering

I heard other proposals for Imagination and I think at least 2/3 of the ones I got told about would've caused rioting in the forums.
Would you say those proposals seem to have been shot down? I mean, anything can happen between now, and say 2032, but removing Figment from Epcot would be one of the most misguided decisions ever. Not that TWDC isn’t already known for those, but I can’t imagine the pavilion at least not featuring him in some way given his current status, plus the movie in a few years??

Moth

Would you say those proposals seem to have been shot down? I mean, anything can happen between now, and say 2032, but removing Figment from Epcot would be one of the most misguided decisions ever. Not that TWDC isn’t already known for those, but I can’t imagine the pavilion at least not featuring him in some way given his current status, plus the movie in a few years??
Figment is safe.

Any Pixar IP has been shot down (Soul and Inside Out) due to some significant individuals not wanting him to leave. And from what I've heard, the popcorn bucket woke them up to realizing how popular he is. The days of worrying about him leaving are behind us, now it's just 'what do they do with him?'.

SailorMercury

What I comprehend from any idea to remove Figment from Epcot is that they would remove his ride, but he would be the mascot of the park. He’d be in creations, he’d have a photo op. He’d have plush toys and t-shirts. Just no ride

SailorMercury

Figment is safe.

Any Pixar IP has been shot down (Soul and Inside Out) due to some significant individuals not wanting him to leave. And from what I've heard, the popcorn bucket woke them up to realizing how popular he is. The days of worrying about him leaving are behind us, now it's just 'what do they do with him?'.
SOUL? How do you start that ride? “Whoopsie. You all walked into this building and DIED. Anyways imagination!”

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Figment is safe.

Soul was considered? Inside Out I can see, but how do you get to Soul?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom