Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

CJR

They could always get one of those twirling dragon carnival rides, paint them purple, and park it in front of Imagination for a bit. Most people won't even notice the difference and it might even light up at night, win-win.

IMG_2456-1-scaled.jpg

SailorMercury

Simple solution is to get the movies from the current version in a computer, CGI a hat and blue coat on Nigel Channing, replace all mentions of him with “Dreamfinder”, then announce that he’s coming back. Duh.

donaldtoo

I’ve noticed this thread over the last several years, of course, but this is actually the first time I’ve ever looked in on it.
Almost 5 years later, and still nothing……. :cyclops:

The Leader of the Club

Yet we're still trying to figure out why he was roaming around the Walt Disney Studios and within one moment you see the writers of the Figment Film in development..We have The expo as our only hope and announcement of anything..

I still think it’s gonna be a replacement for the Short Film Festival. A nice little 3D Figment movie could serve as cross promotion for the feature (if that’s still a thing) and bring some life to the Magic Eye.

Haymarket2008

In another thread @Henry Mystic is saying Inside Out is a possible contender for this redo once again? After all this waiting I hope not… what a waste that would be

I didn’t interpret their post as Inside Out replacing Figment in the ride. I think it was more of “they’ll come to EPCOT in some bigger form if the movie does well”.

I think the likely option is to have a Cranium Command-esque show in the Magic Eye theatre. I’m certain Figment isn’t getting the shaft in the main ride section.

flyerjab

My thinking with this is based around Epcot’s 50th. As DAK, MK and possibly DHS all receive additions and expansions in the next 5 to 7 years, I think this is when Epcot will take another turn. Especially after feedback they had to have received for botching MK’s 50th, I am hopeful that Epcot’s 50th is done better for 2032.

I’m wondering if this is when Figment is redone and Spaceship Earth is redone. It would definitely follow the update to each park year-over-year strategy that they seem to follow and could give ample excitement to a 50th celebration.

aladdin2007

My thinking with this is based around Epcot’s 50th. As DAK, MK and possibly DHS all receive additions and expansions in the next 5 to 7 years, I think this is when Epcot will take another turn. Especially after feedback they had to have received for botching MK’s 50th, I am hopeful that Epcot’s 50th is done better for 2032.

I’m wondering if this is when Figment is redone and Spaceship Earth is redone. It would definitely follow the update to each park year-over-year strategy that they seem to follow and could give ample excitement to a 50th celebration.
We will be lucky if MK even gets a 60th, which by the time those MK projects come to life it will be about the 60th anyway, maybe a little before...but after the botched 50th they probably wont even bother again sadly.

duncedoof

In another thread @Henry Mystic is saying Inside Out is a possible contender for this redo once again? After all this waiting I hope not… what a waste that would be
I read it as they're very interested in how a Figment movie does. I'll be honest, I don't see a lot of prospects in the success of Figment as a movie project. I hope that doesn't stop them from doing something with the pavilion anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom