Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Moth

If Imagination and Test Track close together, Future World (bite me Disney!) would have 6 rides and World Showcase would have it's three rides open.
9 rides for the park wouldn't be a worst case scenario, add on the fact Communicore Hall would be open by then with the Encanto Stage Show, and other activities to absorb attention, it's not a WORST case scenario, especially for a park as big as EPCOT.

Bocabear

If Imagination and Test Track close together, Future World (bite me Disney!) would have 6 rides and World Showcase would have it's three rides open.
9 rides for the park wouldn't be a worst case scenario, add on the fact Communicore Hall would be open by then with the Encanto Stage Show, and other activities to absorb attention, it's not a WORST case scenario, especially for a park as big as EPCOT.
For the cost, 9 rides....especially when you are counting Finding Nemo, mission Space, and the the crap-tacular Where is Donald...for your well over $100 entrance fee....doesn't sound great.

DisneyDodo

If I had to prioritize FW pavilion overhauls, I’d easily have WoL and Imag over SSE. Before it was rumored (and then announced) that SSE was getting a revamp, I didn’t hear much talk about how necessary it was. If anything, it was the opposite (i.e. “Disney is ruining Epcot, they better not touch SSE, the only good pavilion left”). But as soon as the overhaul got cancelled, the tune changed to “Omg, I don’t think SSE can go on another day.”

Of course, I’ll take some TLC where I can get it, and I do wish Disney had followed through on this project, but I just don’t see how it can be viewed as the top priority over a pavilion that was gutted and one that was actively maimed.

UNCgolf

If I had to prioritize FW pavilion overhauls, I’d easily have WoL and Imag over SSE. Before it was rumored (and then announced) that SSE was getting a revamp, I didn’t hear much talk about how necessary it was. If anything, it was the opposite (i.e. “Disney is ruining Epcot, they better not touch SSE, the only good pavilion left”). But as soon as the overhaul got cancelled, the tune changed to “Omg, I don’t think SSE can go on another day.”

Of course, I’ll take some TLC where I can get it, and I do wish Disney had followed through on this project, but I just don’t see how it can be viewed as the top priority over a pavilion that was gutted and one that was actively maimed.

The issue with SSE isn't the content (other than the descent and maybe the narration/script) -- it's still a great ride. The problem is the ride system. It's incredibly aged and close to breaking down entirely. That's what people (at least most people) are referring to when they say SSE needs work.

Centauri Space Station

The issue with SSE isn't the content (other than the descent and maybe the narration/script) -- it's still a great ride. The problem is the ride system. It's incredibly aged and close to breaking down entirely. That's what people (at least most people) are referring to when they say SSE needs work.
It need maintenance and a light refresh

SailorMercury

My current theory is that Imagination and SSE are both slated for refreshes but Disney does NOT want those two and Test Track all down at once so it'll be one at a time.

My current projected timeline is....
Test Track taken offline late July.
D23 has more details on Test Track 3 and drops the Imagination 4 shoe.
Imagination closes as Test Track 3 soft opens. Figment M&G persists so he continues to have a presence in the parks as well as something going into the theater (maybe the Seth Rogen Figment film was actually something taking over the Short Film Festival?)
Once Imagination is done, Spaceship Earth closes and reopens.

Maybe something happens with MISSION: Space after? But that's out of the scope of this.
I have long accepted that we won't get Imagination 4 at D23. Happens every few years. Some new Dreamfinder stuff happens (the comic in 2014. Plate in 2016. Golden Book in 2024), we're finally convinced this is the year. Radio silence. I'll believe that Imagination 4 is happening when we get actual tangible evidence that is exists.

Mike S

I have long accepted that we won't get Imagination 4 at D23. Happens every few years. Some new Dreamfinder stuff happens (the comic in 2014. Plate in 2016. Golden Book in 2024), we're finally convinced this is the year. Radio silence. I'll believe that Imagination 4 is happening when we get actual tangible evidence that is exists.
Yup. I’m not falling for it yet again.

DreamfinderGuy

A great way to gauge how long someone has been in this fandom is to tell them you heard this is gonna be the year they announce JII 4, and observe how they react.

Kevin_W

Wow, was the comic all the way back in 2014? I remember the excitement when that came out about a possible remake of the ride. 10 years, sheesh...

Moth

I can dream dammit! I have no other idea where they would drop that news!!! I've been burned thru every D23 since 2014 and I have HOPE something could happen!!! Smh!!!! 😭 😭 😭

BasiltheBatLord

A great way to gauge how long someone has been in this fandom is to tell them you heard this is gonna be the year they announce JII 4, and observe how they react.
I first started posting on theme park forums at DisneyWorldTrivia in 2004, I remember a potential JII refurb being a constant topic of discussion back then. Everyone was convinced it was imminent the next year, or the next, or the next....

20 years later and we're still in the same spot. Zero updates or news whatsoever since then.

DreamfinderGuy

I first started posting on theme park forums at DisneyWorldTrivia in 2004, I remember a potential JII refurb being a constant topic of discussion back then. Everyone was convinced it was imminent the next year, or the next, or the next....

20 years later and we're still in the same spot. Zero updates or news whatsoever since then.
This is definitely the year though. Lots of people are just getting that gut feeling, you know? If not this year then next year for sure. Gotta be soon at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom