Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DreamfinderGuy

I think the likely option is to have a Cranium Command-esque show in the Magic Eye theatre. I’m certain Figment isn’t getting the shaft in the main ride section.
I know this idea has repeated here over and over again ever since the first film released, but it really does feel like an incredible missed opportunity to not just put an Inside Out show in the Cranium Command theatre. Much of the infrastructure to support it was already there. I feel like the only reason it didn't happen was because there would have had to be more work done to make the dome presentable first.

That said, Magic Eye works too.

SailorMercury

I read it as they're very interested in how a Figment movie does. I'll be honest, I don't see a lot of prospects in the success of Figment as a movie project. I hope that doesn't stop them from doing something with the pavilion anyway.
I think if it’s an animated movie with heart and good enough promotion, it will be a hit.

If it’s a live action movie with CGI figment that had that look that modern day soulless blockbusters have, it’ll bomb.

HMF

Disney doesn't necessarily need the movie to be convinced to finance a redo of the attraction. I think the question is if the studio marketing team provides some dollars that TDO doesn't want to dish out for the project.

I have a feeling we'll get a Figment update with or without the movie's help.
Uh, There is basically a mandate from on high that says that EVERYTHING has to be tied to a movie or they won't greenlight it.

MagicHappens1971

There are some exceptions - Country Bears for example.
@HMF beat me to it, but the only saving grace for the Country Bears was the literal infusion of IP based songs. If the show didn't have the ability to pivot like this it would probably be on the chopping block. IMO the only attractions that are "safe" are those that are truly "iconic" or an IP in their own right, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates & Space Mountain. I would include ToT but that IP doesn't belong to Disney since it's branded as Twilight Zone, but Disney could pivot and keep the attraction very similar with a slight refresh based on the ScarJo ToT film. And the majority of DAK, but we could be at a turning point for that, although the decision to bring Rhode back tells otherwise.

DisneyDodo

@HMF beat me to it, but the only saving grace for the Country Bears was the literal infusion of IP based songs. If the show didn't have the ability to pivot like this it would probably be on the chopping block. IMO the only attractions that are "safe" are those that are truly "iconic" or an IP in their own right, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates & Space Mountain. I would include ToT but that IP doesn't belong to Disney since it's branded as Twilight Zone, but Disney could pivot and keep the attraction very similar with a slight refresh based on the ScarJo ToT film. And the majority of DAK, but we could be at a turning point for that, although the decision to bring Rhode back tells otherwise.
I think Figment has become an IP in its own right, which explains why it hasn’t been rethemed to something else, like most other IP-less rides that aren’t super popular.

I don’t think we’ll be getting an improved Figment ride in the near future, but I also don’t believe that Figment is on the chopping block.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Disney doesn't necessarily need the movie to be convinced to finance a redo of the attraction. I think the question is if the studio marketing team provides some dollars that TDO doesn't want to dish out for the project.

I have a feeling we'll get a Figment update with or without the movie's help.
Plus Figment moves a ton of merch. It’s viewed as an IP internally, and if Indy can get a ride even with a bomb, I see no reason why Figment couldn’t as well.

peng

The HTH has been started to be used on its own without the connections, so I can see that staying, but with the Twilight Zone elements removed(which to be fair only are really present in the preshow), no matter how it does.

Figment is the American duffy at this point. Even though we did see the treehouse redo that de-IPed an attraction, an attraction on the scale of JII won't get redone unless the figment movie gets into production. Any replacement for Magic Eye, if any, would definitely be an IP related thing. Only way I can see it happen short term is if a JII redo gets pushed alongside the inside out thing that keeps coming up in rumors for somewhere in the pavilion.

Rodj

A bit unrelated to the current discussion, but one of the air cannons/blasters at the finale scene is staying on much longer than it should. It seems like the time its staying on for is increasing every few days, as I first started to notice it a few weeks ago but it wasn't as bad/long as this.

Cmdr_Crimson

Imagination is a blllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssttttttttt!!!!!
76025f5d68e2727bb49eadbb05109b07.jpg

Surferboy567

Alicia Stella has mentioned that “people seem to think Figment is getting a refurb” whatever that means. She then said maybe something simple like replacing Nigel & institute stuff and reinstating Dreamfinder. I’m not sure if this is an actual rumor or just a tangent they went off on during the podcast.

Mickeynerd17

Alicia Stella has mentioned that “people seem to think Figment is getting a refurb” whatever that means. She then said maybe something simple like replacing Nigel & institute stuff and reinstating Dreamfinder. I’m not sure if this is an actual rumor or just a tangent they went off on during the podcast.
Just slapping dreamfinder onto the current ride would be extremely cheap. The pavilion needs more than a simple rebrand. At least reinstall the missing 40% of the track.

peng

Seemed like a tangent, though probably the most realistic scenario as it would cost the least amount of money, just shoot some footage of dreamfinder and reanimate figment and call it a day.

Surferboy567

Just slapping dreamfinder onto the current ride would be extremely cheap. The pavilion needs more than a simple rebrand. At least reinstall the missing 40% of the track.
I hope they aren't dumb enough to think a light refurb of Imagination would be well received. This is a "go big or go home" situation.
Totally agree

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom