Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

zipadee999

Fixing the attraction is just too smart, too logical, would be too popular, and makes too much sense and that is exactly why it wont happen.
Because people love the original so much, every mention of it is automatically a smash hit. Disney knows this and is comfortable sitting back and dripping out some cheap merch knowing that they can full well enjoy the financial boom of the original attraction without actually having to pay to bring it back

SplashJacket

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6370.jpeg

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I genuinely feel as if Figment is the only non-movie IP that could convince the executives to use him for a new ride, given his popularity.

I could totally see in a decade where they’re spending 60B across the world that 250M of that goes into Imagination; I mean, they have to know it sorely needs work, right?

Toss in an Inside Out show (decent fit, and works with the IP mandate) into the theater, and the pavilion is really solid.

Also, if Spaceship Earth eventually gets its update, alongside the updated Test Track, and if they keep/routinely bring back Soarin’ Over California, holy is this park impressive.

One can dream.

Inspired Figment

I genuinely feel as if Figment is the only non-movie IP that could convince the executives to use him for a new ride, given his popularity.

I could totally see in a decade where they’re spending 60B across the world that 250M of that goes into Imagination; I mean, they have to know it sorely needs work, right?

Toss in an Inside Out show (decent fit, and works with the IP mandate) into the theater, and the pavilion is really solid.

Also, if Spaceship Earth eventually gets its update, alongside the updated Test Track, and if they keep/routinely bring back Soarin’ Over California, holy is this park impressive.

One can dream.
I personally think it’d make more sense to have Dreamfinder & Figment have an additional 3D/4D show in the Magic Eye Theatre. Especially considering how @Figments Friend had mentioned that an additional 3D/4D film starring the 2 characters was indeed planned, possibly even made, but just never got played or added in. Either I say that film be shown in the theater or a new one that tastefully continues the feel/theme/spirit in both the ride & imageworks. Inside Out would fit better in an updated Wonders of Life pavilion. As Inside Out was more about dealing with emotions than anything to do with the creative process in & itself. Seeing as the Play Pavilion pavilion plans seemed to have been scrapped, I feel like that’d be one of the best things to add to said pavilion. On that note though, I also think the return of Cranium Command would be a nice thing to have considering the popularity of Buzzy & General Knowledge in recent years.

pdude81

One can dream.
I think it's coming (major Imagination refurb), but it's just not a priority. I think Josh is smart enough not to give us blue sky Figment pitches that might not go anywhere.

The other big problem they have is that WoL is still not open and SSE needs it's own refurb. With the spine being mostly closed for years, how much appetite does anybody have for detours all around (the former) FW?

Earlie the Pearlie

I think it's coming (major Imagination refurb), but it's just not a priority. I think Josh is smart enough not to give us blue sky Figment pitches that might not go anywhere.

The other big problem they have is that WoL is still not open and SSE needs it's own refurb. With the spine being mostly closed for years, how much appetite does anybody have for detours all around (the former) FW?
Not to mention Test Track 3.0. - I guess New EPCOT was a complete failure, if 4/9 of FW are going to or should go down within the next five years

DreamfinderGuy

The thing with rehabbing individual pavilions is that it doesn't require closing any pathways. WoL is still entirely behind walls, SSE and Imagination would just need their entrances blocked off.

Cmdr_Crimson

The thing with rehabbing individual pavilions is that it doesn't require closing any pathways. WoL is still entirely behind walls, SSE and Imagination would just need their entrances blocked off.
See I would have thought the DVC lounge would have to close if any clues started to happen for closures of the pavilion and they would move it somewhere else..Then the M&GS and then the whole closing of the pavilion to be reimagined.

Earlie the Pearlie

I think that maybe more of the problem is the loss of capacity, as even though Imagination wouldn’t be missed, SSE and TT are huge for throughput and crowds, respectively. With both of those down, is genie+ sustainable? But I digress.

DreamfinderGuy

I think that maybe more of the problem is the loss of capacity, as even though Imagination wouldn’t be missed, SSE and TT are huge for throughput and crowds, respectively. With both of those down, is genie+ sustainable? But I digress.
The plan was always to take SSE down after Ratatouille opened, and since then Guardians has opened as well. The park is fine capacity-wise, it could handle TT and SSE down at the same time now (not that it will)

Epcot82Guy

The plan was always to take SSE down after Ratatouille opened, and since then Guardians has opened as well. The park is fine capacity-wise, it could handle TT and SSE down at the same time now (not that it will)

Physically I would agree. The only reason I would disagree is needing to show analysts the ROI on the Epcot overhaul spend. They could also use SSE and TT being down to their advantage (i.e. if numbers aren't where they need to be, it's because of those closures). But, I would guess ROI on this large project, especially with the HARM write off may come up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom