Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

The Rocketeer

I think this upcoming TT 3.0 (and 2.0) is proof that sponsors can still work, though it could be an anomaly. But if Imagination got a new sponsor after Kodak left perhaps we would have had a new version of the ride 10 years ago (2010 was not a time when companies wanted to give free money to other companies though...). It seems like Disney is more willing to move forward with projects if they don't have to cover the entire bill. It makes me wonder if we'd still have more of the original pavilions if their respective sponsors like GE, MetLife etc. decided to stay on for another 10 years like GM did with WOM/TT.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Shame the AdventHealth tie-in didn't spawn a successful sponsorship campaign. Perhaps not the best choice. Maybe one day Imagination will find a new sponsor.

Earlie the Pearlie

Shame the AdventHealth tie-in didn't spawn a successful sponsorship campaign. Perhaps not the best choice. Maybe one day Imagination will find a new sponsor.
Perhaps (if Iger doesn’t sell) Apple might be a good sponsor. I think that Apple is similar to Kodak in that both have good relationships with Disney, and both sell things that can be used creatively. And an (80s) EPCOTified Apple Store would be pretty cool.

Bocabear

Perhaps (if Iger doesn’t sell) Apple might be a good sponsor. I think that Apple is similar to Kodak in that both have good relationships with Disney, and both sell things that can be used creatively. And an (80s) EPCOTified Apple Store would be pretty cool.
Didn't they just do that when they refurbed Mouse Gear into "Creations"? LOL

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I think the ideal sponsor would be Sherwin-Williams or Michael's Arts and Crafts or Crayola.

Homemade Imagineering

With the new CapEx supposedly going into parks, now’d be a no brainer for this but we know it’ll never happen. Disappointing but not surprising that a new version for 2025 is seemingly not in the cards, sad to think that was the idea back around 2019 but I suppose a worldwide pandemic didn’t help things

pdude81

With the new CapEx supposedly going into parks, now’d be a no brainer for this but we know it’ll never happen. Disappointing but not surprising that a new version for 2025 is seemingly not in the cards, sad to think that was the idea back around 2019 but I suppose a worldwide pandemic didn’t help things
I think the increases are good for Figment in the long run, not bad. Nothing major is going to be built for 2025.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Wasn't there a synergy play with that movie in the works? Did the movie plans fall off? Seems like if they're going to do it they'd have it tie-in with the movie.

Homemade Imagineering

Wasn't there a synergy play with that movie in the works? Did the movie plans fall off? Seems like if they're going to do it they'd have it tie-in with the movie.
Oh right. As far as I know it’s still on, only issue is it was already in early development just before the writers strike which I’m sure has put a halt to any progress, so I doubt we’ll see anything anytime soon. If they were smart they’d just go in and put what was there back where it belongs, a 5hr line to meet a costumed character is more than enough proof a decent Figment attraction will have a serious return on investment

aladdin2007

new figment golden book releases in January
1695212053985.png

Disstevefan1

They’ll do absolutely everything EXCEPT bring back what was once there. Just in the past couple years I feel like we’ve seen the most representation of the original attraction within the park in various ways, I genuinely hope they’ll allocate some of that new CapEx towards something in the next few years
Fixing the attraction is just too smart, too logical, would be too popular, and makes too much sense and that is exactly why it wont happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom