Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

New D23 Gold Member exclusive LE: 1,500 Journey Into Imagination 40th Anniversary pin featuring Dreamfinder & Figment will be available on May 30th on ShopDisney at 8am PT / 11am ET. A little confused why this wasn’t released back in March, but, hey, better late than never, right?
(PS: Disney, the fan-favorite ‘83-98 attraction is simply called ‘Journey Into Imagination’ (little to nobody likes the 02-current, Honey I Shrunk IP-ified ‘Journey Into Imagination “With Figment”’) :

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

New D23 Gold Member exclusive LE: 1,500 Journey Into Imagination 40th Anniversary pin featuring Dreamfinder & Figment will be available on May 30th on ShopDisney at 8am PT / 11am ET. A little confused why this wasn’t released back in March, but, hey, better late than never, right?
(PS: Disney, the fan-favorite ‘83-98 attraction is simply called ‘Journey Into Imagination’ (little to nobody likes the 02-current, Honey I Shrunk IP-ified ‘Journey Into Imagination “With Figment”’) :
Say what you want, but the pins department has been killing it recently. If figment and dreamfinder are going to be relegated to merch, at least it looks good.

Might have to add this one to my collection. 🤔

Inspired Figment

Yeah, but too bad they’ve done a terrible job at doing so with that magnet, with that horrible looking Figment. It’s all too clear to me they have a total, fundamental lack of understanding nor respect for ‘why’ people love(d) Figment & Dreamfinder to begin with and what they’ve been asking for specifically, and so feel the need to reimagine (more like blandify &/or parody) him ala what they’ve been doing with characters like Mickey Mouse since ‘06 & ‘12 or simply release retro style merch and say “good enough”. Disney is screwed and has been for years now… they’ve definitely lost me, but does it matter? No. After all, it seems clear the majority doesn’t give a damn & keeps buying and going after this type of exploitive junk and has been for decades now, so yeah.. whatever. At this point, let bygones be bygones. Hate to say it, but I simply don’t care nor have the energy anymore to continue watching this ridiculous cycle happen over and over and over again. I’ve said what I’ve said and there’s simply no point in repeating those same points I’ve brought up numerous times in multiple threads yet again, so yeah, that’s that.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Sigh......😒
The-Land-Pavilion_Full_51845.jpg

Double Sigh......😫
The-Land-Pavilion_Full_51837.jpg

Bocabear

I mean, all of the characters in the lounge (Mickey, Minnie, Figment, and Orange Bird) are rendered in this style. It's not meant to be a personal affront.
and yet....it somehow is... to those of us who loved all of those characters...
I wish they would just take the pavilion back to it's original format with some new 21st century technology...
I am ready for them to sell pavers or tombstone plates around the Imagination pavilion to fund the overhaul... I would definitely purchase one of those and I am sure there are a few million others that would too....If they would actually do it....

James Alucobond

and yet....it somehow is... to those of us who loved all of those characters...
I wish they would just take the pavilion back to it's original format with some new 21st century technology...
I am ready for them to sell pavers or tombstone plates around the Imagination pavilion to fund the overhaul... I would definitely purchase one of those and I am sure there are a few million others that would too....If they would actually do it....
Given the recent posts in this thread, I took this for annoyance that Figment appears in this style at all, not general commentary on the state of the Imagination pavilion. For some reason, folks are especially persnickety about how he is rendered when every Disney character under the sun shows up in myriad ways interpreted by countless artists across a range of art and merchandise.

retr0gate

It's not that serious :facepalm: It's a magnet. All of the WDW AP magnets thus far (since the rebrand at least) have used the new Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse art style. It only makes sense that this one would follow suit. If you don't like the design, that's fine, but it's not an indicator that they'll be changing the official design. I think it's cute for what it is. Plus, let's not forget, Orange Bird also recently got the Paul Rudish treatment for one of these magnets- this is nothing new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom