Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

I don’t think this specific design is in any way a “new, definitive” version. It’s just a funky look for this one promotion. I actually like it.
Yep, it’s been a number of times now (not this particular design but numerous others). Fine for a one off piece of merch, I just don’t particularly care for it personally, nor do I think it’d be good to use in any other piece of media starring Figment, but yeah. As long as it doesn’t become permanent or a main fixture for the more prominent pieces of media, it’s fine. Lol

Inspired Figment

When's the last time they used the Institute in any Figment marketing or tie-in material?
The references & some of Figment’s dialogue in Disney Speedstorm and some of the newest merch celebrating the 20th anniversary of Journey Into Imagination With Figment (why anyone would wanna celebrate that deservedly panned, sham of an attraction masquerading as a faithful/comeback of the original spirit/character/ride when it’s a really the same panned Honey I Shrunk IP ride (shadily titled Journey Into ^Your Imagination) with Figment shoehorned in carelessly and without respecting the attraction & role/portrayal he had originally is beyond me but it is what it is)

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Also some of the recent DisneyRun events make direct references to the Friends of Figment’s Upside Down house scene of the 02-current ride.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Honesty a scene for scene picture book treatment of the original ride’s story beats would be amazing visually.

I read somewhere that the writing in the book will be the lyrics to One Little Spark.
There was a fan treatment of a book someone posted years ago, with Dreamfinder and all, but I never saw anything official and still can’t atm. If there is thought, please post or tell us the source here. Thanks

FigmentJedi

The references & some of Figment’s dialogue in Disney Speedstorm and some of the newest merch celebrating the 20th anniversary of Journey Into Imagination With Figment (why anyone would wanna celebrate that deservedly panned, sham of an attraction masquerading as a faithful/comeback of the original spirit/character/ride when it’s a really the same panned Honey I Shrunk IP ride (shadily titled Journey Into ^Your Imagination) with Figment shoehorned in carelessly and without respecting the attraction & role/portrayal he had originally is beyond me but it is what it is)
Yes, but no Eric Idle or his dumb winged lightbulb logo. Speedstorm was going to pull from the current ride anyways since there's only about 20 minutes of total significant material (the original and current rides) for Figment to pull from. Educational films don't count.

Cmdr_Crimson

ap_figment_magnet_pickup_thumbnails_1920x1080-16x9-jpg.718283

done-dean.gif

Inspired Figment

I finally found the Figment Golden Book, listed on Amazon. Weirdly no author listed, nor any cover photo. Unlike Disney Golden Books of the past… Just gonna put it out there… ‘not’ a fan of the fact Dreamfinder isn’t mentioned at all… I pray he’s actually in this book and that it’s not going for either an adaptation of the current, horrible Honey, I Shrunk IP-ified attraction ‘or’ yet another total reimagining altogether. ‘If’ Infact it’s what I mentioned above (aka: they end up doing it wrong); Talk about missing the point altogether, the original 83-98 ride/characterization/role/storyline was perfect as-is. :
https://www.amazon.com/Figment-Disney-Classic-Little-Golden/dp/0736444114/ref=nodl_?dplnkId=da8bda21-b249-483f-95de-5296e2411a96

Rodj

It was also stated that during the time frame that the magnet will be available(May 31-June 30), there will be a photo opportunity with "Figment-inspired props" near the pavilion fountains from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Inspired Figment

It was also stated that during the time frame that the magnet will be available(May 31-June 30), there will be a photo opportunity with "Figment-inspired props" near the pavilion fountains from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
So is ‘that’ the “Figment meet n greet” they’re planning for this summer? Ooh boy.. lol! Well if that’s the case, what a fail…
How could you ‘not’ do the classic Dreamfinder with Figment? ‘Especially’ after their reception/reaction at ‘2’ D23 Expo appearances. If not that, at the very ‘least’ I’d expect the single large Figment they had in 04 and for a few years after that, considering the iteration of the ride that’s still (sadly) operating. If they can’t even do that, that’s just pathetic, I’m sorry. For the original character and ride that’s ‘that’ beloved and sells as much merch as he does. No way is that acceptable…

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

I finally found the Figment Golden Book, listed on Amazon. Weirdly no author listed, nor any cover photo. Unlike Disney Golden Books of the past… Just gonna put it out there… ‘not’ a fan of the fact Dreamfinder isn’t mentioned at all… I pray he’s actually in this book and that it’s not going for either an adaptation of the current, horrible Honey, I Shrunk IP-ified attraction ‘or’ yet another total reimagining altogether. ‘If’ Infact it’s what I mentioned above (aka: they end up doing it wrong); Talk about missing the point altogether, the original 83-98 ride/characterization/role/storyline was perfect as-is. :
https://www.amazon.com/Figment-Disney-Classic-Little-Golden/dp/0736444114/ref=nodl_?dplnkId=da8bda21-b249-483f-95de-5296e2411a96
You're dooming and glooming over a children's picture book that doesn't even have a cover yet, calm down.

Inspired Figment

You're dooming and glooming over a children's picture book that doesn't even have a cover yet, calm down.
Kids deserve good content… I also think with a character in such a vulnerable state, it’s important they get even smaller pieces of media correct, especially considering this book will be sold all around the USA . It contributes to the bigger picture. Orange Bird’s book did things right, I just think it’s weird Dreamfinder wouldn’t be mentioned at all. I mean, even Speedstorm has him in. But hey, you never know, maybe he is, and in that case, great!

Last edited:

Rodj

So is ‘that’ the “Figment meet n greet” they’re planning for this summer? Ooh boy.. lol! Well if that’s the case, what a fail…
How could you ‘not’ do the classic Dreamfinder with Figment? ‘Especially’ after their reception/reaction at ‘2’ D23 Expo appearances. If not that, at the very ‘least’ I’d expect the single large Figment they had in 04 and for a few years after that, considering the iteration of the ride that’s still (sadly) operating. If they can’t even do that, that’s just pathetic, I’m sorry. For the original character and ride that’s ‘that’ beloved and sells as much merch as he does. No way is that acceptable…
This isn't related to that, this is a limited AP exclusive "PhotoPass Opportunity" with props(might include the large Figment statue holding a light bulb seen in some runDisney races?) for the V.I.Passholder Days event.

Inspired Figment

This isn't related to that, this is a limited AP exclusive "PhotoPass Opportunity" with props(might include the large Figment statue holding a light bulb seen in some runDisney races?) for the V.I.Passholder Days event.
Okay, Thank God. For a moment I was like.. no way, they can’t be ‘that’ clueless. Lol! Good to know we still have a substantial meet n greet to look forward to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom