Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

Ugggh… why?? Yet again, this company seems to fail to understand ‘why’ people love this character and that beloved original ride. Hard pass on that.
What's next? An unsettling Uncle Grampa looking Dreamfinder with the Cal Arts smile....
waiting-comedy.gif

Inspired Figment

Any scenario where we have to settle with something that isn’t up to the quality original 83-98 attraction is simply not good enough, period. After all these years, they need to do it justice. There really isn’t any good excuse for it, especially considering how long that current abomination of an attraction has run for. I said what I said.

FigmentJedi

Not sure I’d even call it CalArts. Keep in mind, much of the great Disney animators & directors came from there. But this ugly modern Cartoon Network-type style is awful to look at , no doubt about it.
So did Paul Rudish and most of the Cartoon Network people. You gotta realize, whining about CalArts is just whining about industry trends because it's where most of the industry went to school.

BlakeW39

Any scenario where we have to settle with something that isn’t up to the quality original 83-98 attraction is simply not good enough, period. After all these years, they need to do it justice. There really isn’t any good excuse for it, especially considering how long that current abomination of an attraction has run for. I said what I said.

Such a fail on Disney's part not to make this an absolute STAPLE of the EPCOT redo. Like jesus how tone deaf can they be.

Inspired Figment

Such a fail on Disney's part not to make this an absolute STAPLE of the EPCOT redo. Like jesus how tone deaf can they be.
That’s because the current clueless head of the company genuinely thinks something like Inside Out or Ralph Breaks the Internet are good replacements or ways to fix it (Hurr Durr, Figment made an easily missable cameo in it ala Journey Into Your Imagination: the Honey I Shrunk IP redo) so it must fit! SMH… you’re totally right about tone deafness. It’s insane just how bad it is. Why would you repeat ‘the’ very same mistake you made in the past and not figure out what went wrong at this point? C’mon now.

Last edited:

zipadee999

Imagine if we got a new Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment but it was entirely screen-based with animatronics rendered like MMRR. 🤮 That would be a tough pill to swallow. I almost think I'd rather keep what's there now (I can't believe I'm saying that).
What we need is something along the lines of Mystic Manor. ‘Realistic Cartoomism’ as I like to call it. Something with detailed and realistic sets but with elements of whimsy in the character designs. The last thing we need is a full blown Cartoon Network rainbow vomit explosion in the style of MMRR

Inspired Figment

You mean… like the original ride?? That could simply be enhanced & updated with new spfx, some additional scenery & elements here & there (possibly stuff originally planned that couldn’t be accomplished due to tech & budget limitations at the time?) etc. It was a timeless classic as-is. Why fix it if it was never broken? The only thing broken now is the current unnecessary 99/02-current IP tie-in approach where Figment, Dreamfinder, and the original message/theming is cast aside as a nuisance or a throwaway cameo.

Inspired Figment

I see no reason to make an entirely new ride yet again when the original was such a beloved/popular & timeless classic as-is. If attractions like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, (heck even something like American Adventure) etc. can live on still in their mostly original state with little to very minimal changes, why can’t Journey Into Imagination?

Inspired Figment

Most of the building is still intact, some just needs some tlc or repairs to get running again. And because the current ride really has nothing in there as-is. Wouldn’t take much time or money to remove the 99/02 Honey I Shrunk/Institute/Medfield College stuff there and put back in the original non-film IP stuff. Take what you can reuse and pop it back in. And rebuild the stuff that needs to be put in, plus work on some of the new additions as I said. It’s not that difficult. Plus, with everything basically planned out and set as-is, that’d save a ton on development costs, etc and be much quicker to get up and running. You’ve already got the built in fanbase and newcomers who would eat it up/enjoy it regardless. There’s really no risk or anything that could go wrong here if you did that.

Last edited:

Mike S

I’m as much of a fan of Figment as anyone but I’m not absolutely offended by this design. Even if they used it in a ride that was otherwise fantastic. Then again I’m one of those people that enjoys the new Mickey cartoons and my only problem with M&MRR is that it replaced GMR. Hollywood Studios should’ve gotten its own Toontown so it could go there like at Disneyland.

BlakeW39

That’s because the current clueless head of the company genuinely thinks something like Inside Out or Ralph Breaks the Internet are good replacements or ways to fix it (Hurr Durr, Figment made an easily missable cameo in it ala Journey Into Your Imagination: the Honey I Shrunk IP redo) so it must fit! SMH… you’re totally right about tone deafness. It’s insane just how bad it is. Why would you repeat ‘the’ very same mistake you made in the past and not figure out what went wrong at this point? C’mon now.
I see no reason to make an entirely new ride yet again when the original was such a beloved/popular & timeless classic as-is. If attractions like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, (heck even something like American Adventure) etc. can live on still in their mostly original state with little to very minimal changes, why can’t Journey Into Imagination?

I mean, as we said on the other thread, current management just has an obsession with movie IP, and really couldn't care less about anything else. I just don't think they really care for parks fans or "parks purists" as I have seen us called and view us as a niche corner of the park going base that isn't reflective of broader tastes or opinions. My bet...you don't see this awesome new Imagination E-ticket...at least not anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom