Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Stupido

Does this seem to mean he'll be harder to get when it's F2P? I was gonna wait for F2P b/c I'm not really a racing game type player, but if he won't be easy to get then, I may need to consider the lower tier founders if I want to get it for him....

There have been people who have already unlocked Figment, though it's completely by chance so far. The way you unlock characters in this game is by getting 10 shards of the character. You get shards by opening universal boxes, with currency you earn in game. However, Figment is an "Epic" character, so the % of actually pulling Figment shards are pretty low. Also, the way this game works, a character isn't really a viable racing option until you've unlocked enough shards to upgrade their Star level to 2, so they get their unique skill. That takes considerate effort for characters that are Epic.

This might change with feedback from the early release, but you'll need a ton of shards if you want to use Figment as your primary racer. They could always run this event again, but there's no guarantee of it. If your goal in this game is to get Figment, you might want to consider pulling the trigger.

Gillyanne

There have been people who have already unlocked Figment, though it's completely by chance so far. The way you unlock characters in this game is by getting 10 shards of the character. You get shards by opening universal boxes, with currency you earn in game. However, Figment is an "Epic" character, so the % of actually pulling Figment shards are pretty low. Also, the way this game works, a character isn't really a viable racing option until you've unlocked enough shards to upgrade their Star level to 2, so they get their unique skill. That takes considerate effort for characters that are Epic.

This might change with feedback from the early release, but you'll need a ton of shards if you want to use Figment as your primary racer. They could always run this event again, but there's no guarantee of it. If your goal in this game is to get Figment, you might want to consider pulling the trigger.

Thanks! so if I'm reading/understanding this right; Yes there is a chance (though slim) I could get him out of F2P b/c those shards would be available, it's just a matter of actually collecting his, and however long it takes; but if I get a founders pack now, and participate in this Cup, I'm guaranteed to get him (at least level 1) b/c he's a "prize" for 100% of participants regardless of ranking...

Stupido

Thanks! so if I'm reading/understanding this right; Yes there is a chance (though slim) I could get him out of F2P b/c those shards would be available, it's just a matter of actually collecting his, and however long it takes; but if I get a founders pack now, and participate in this Cup, I'm guaranteed to get him (at least level 1) b/c he's a "prize" for 100% of participants regardless of ranking...

Yes! Two things to keep in mind if waiting for the F2P.

1) between now and then, they’re going to at least double the amount of characters in the game. That means when you pull for shards, the tiny percentage that you’ll get figment is going to be even tinier.

2) There is always the chance that they’ll remove him from loot box, so there’s a possibility figment won’t even be available. This game has only been out for 2 weeks now, so there’s no track record to be able to predict how they’ll handle these loot boxes moving forward.

FigmentJedi

I feel like the fact that it's called "Imagination Cup I" is a good sign they'll repeat it. The Scarer Cup for Multiplayer Tokens is already in its second edition.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, even on the 30 dollar pack, it's pretty doable for getting a decent amount of character unlocks since Goofy unlocks just from doing the tutorial missions and besides this Figment cup, there's an ongoing Mulan event and the Celia event for the Monsters Inc pass.
Yes! Two things to keep in mind if waiting for the F2P.

1) between now and then, they’re going to at least double the amount of characters in the game. That means when you pull for shards, the tiny percentage that you’ll get figment is going to be even tinier.

2) There is always the chance that they’ll remove him from loot box, so there’s a possibility figment won’t even be available. This game has only been out for 2 weeks now, so there’s no track record to be able to predict how they’ll handle these loot boxes moving forward.
He won't be outright pulled, the whole point of the "Universal Box" is that it has everything in it. It'll just be your first point

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

The Imagination Institute logo makes an appearance.....

I see a small Figment drawing to the left of it aswell. But that huge Institute logo, that’s no good sign nor anything to celebrate, ‘that’ needs to be gotten rid of once & for all. Needless ‘Honey, I Shrunk’ film IP tie-in that never belonged there in the first place & caused the downfall of that pavilion ever since. A curse/the start of the unneccesary film IP tie-in crutch/madness we’ve been dealing with ever since then.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

IMG_3996.jpeg
IMG_3999.jpeg

Last edited:

Rodj

Now that the first Imagination Cup has ended and Figment has been unlocked, we finally get to see all of the outfits and other items that have a lot of references to both the original and current version of the ride. Please correct me if I have some of these references wrong.
WDW Collection Thumbnail

Current suits and descriptions for Figment:
Default suit

Dreamfinder Suit(Resembles Dreamfinder's shirt colors?, with reference to the Dreamport):
1683604385798.png

Spaceship Earth Suit:
1683604545604.png

Figment's Kodak Yellow Jacket suit(My favorite):
1683604643456.png

Colors for Kart parts(All exclusive to Figment):
1683604722822.png

Default:
Creative Blue: The color of possibility

Paintbrush Purple(Has some of Figment's color scheme):
Paintbrush Purple: The color of luminous dragon scales

Skyrocket White(In reference to reactions to the beginning Dreamfinder scene?):
Skyrocket White: The color of radiant reactions

Twilight Navy(A reference to the horror scene in the original ride?):
Twilight Navy: The color of thrilling suspense

(Continued in part 2)​

Rodj

Part 2:

Footlight Gold(A reference to the original Figment ending scene?):
Footlight Gold: The color of the main stage

Infinite Black(A reference to the current ride's ending scene where you go off into the stars?):
Infinite Black: The color of the space between worlds

Onespark Celebration:
Onespark Celebration: Imaginative livery for whatever you can dream up

Onespark Diamond Edition:
Onespark Diamond Edition: Proud livery for seasoned competitors.

License Plates:
IMAG1N: Create creations

FIGMENT: Be bold. Be quick. Be yourself.

DR3AM: It can be a dream come true

1 SPRK: In me and you

One of the "Upgrade parts" is an older Figment Ear Hat:
1683606656010.png

Motto in reference to the current version of the ride:
1683606710287.png

Since the game allows for both the music and SFX to be muted, I was able to get quite a bit of the dialog recorded, which ended up being much more than I originally thought(3-5 different lines for each action/scenario), and I will try to compile it in a video. There is still a bit more dialog that is more harder to get on its own that I wasn't able to record, so unfortunately it is not all of the dialog until someone finds a way to figure out Speedstorm's files.

Inspired Figment

Part 2:

Footlight Gold(A reference to the original Figment ending scene?):
View attachment 715250
Infinite Black(A reference to the current ride's ending scene where you go off into the stars?):
View attachment 715252
Onespark Celebration:
View attachment 715251
Onespark Diamond Edition:
View attachment 715255

License Plates:
View attachment 715258
View attachment 715259
View attachment 715260
View attachment 715261

One of the "Upgrade parts" is an older Figment Ear Hat:
View attachment 715262

Motto in reference to the current version of the ride:
View attachment 715263
Since the game allows for both the music and SFX to be muted, I was able to get quite a bit of the dialog recorded, which ended up being much more than I originally thought(3-5 different lines for each action/scenario), and I will try to compile it in a video. There is still a bit more dialog that is more harder to get on its own that I wasn't able to record, so unfortunately it is not all of the dialog until someone finds a way to figure out Speedstorm's files.
“Footlight” is in reference to the Performing Arts/Theatre scene of Figment singing while wearing a coat and holding a top hat in a theatre dressing room, before the Realm of Science. 🎶with laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow! The sparks at night! A brand new show!🎶 Happy to see though references to the 83-original ride far outweigh the 02-current one. I honestly wish there were none referring to that awful mean spirited/spiteful version, but hey, I’ll take the original reference wins any day. Only one referencing the 02-current is “imagination is a blast” (which is in reference to the current finale scene)

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 45

Rodj

“Footlight” is in reference to the Performing Arts/Theatre scene before the Realm of Science. 🎶with laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow! The sparks at night! A brand new show!🎶 Happy to see though references to the 83-original ride far outweigh the 02-current one. I honestly wish there were none referring to that awful mean spirited/spiteful version, but hey, I’ll take the original reference wins any day. Only one referencing the 02-current is “imagination is a blast” (which is in reference to the current finale scene)
Is my assumption about Infinite Black correct?

FigmentJedi

“Footlight” is in reference to the Performing Arts/Theatre scene of Figment singing while wearing a coat and holding a top hat in a theatre dressing room, before the Realm of Science. 🎶with laughs and tears, and footlights all aglow! The sparks at night! A brand new show!🎶 Happy to see though references to the 83-original ride far outweigh the 02-current one. I honestly wish there were none referring to that awful mean spirited/spiteful version, but hey, I’ll take the original reference wins any day. Only one referencing the 02-current is “imagination is a blast” (which is in reference to the current finale scene)
Figment's dialog is full of current ride references.

Rodj

Another animatronic update. A few weeks ago, the Figment animatronic at the loading dock was "modified" again, where now the up/down head motion is working again, but now the mouth no longer moves and the left/right head motion no longer/hardly moves. Makes me wonder if in 2019, they replaced the controller, but the new controller doesn't support the amount of joints that the animatronic has, leading to a limited amount working.

Not only that, and I wish I was making this up, but the animatronic is now TEETERING:

Inspired Figment

Another animatronic update. A few weeks ago, the Figment animatronic at the loading dock was "modified" again, where now the up/down head motion is working again, but now the mouth no longer moves and the left/right head motion no longer/hardly moves. Makes me wonder if in 2019, they replaced the controller, but the new controller doesn't support the amount of joints that the animatronic has, leading to a limited amount working.

Not only that, and I wish I was making this up, but the animatronic is now TEETERING:

They didn’t replace any controller. In 2019, all the spfx & AAs were all actually functioning properly for the most part . But here… def not. It’s just lousy maintenance and misadjustments to the hydraulic controls. Leading to the laughably bad movements… (like the teetering Figment there). Pressure’s turned up so high, he looks like his legs would snap or he’d literally fall off the ledge/stage he’s standing on. Embarrassing. ‘Especially’ considering how little spfx & AAs are in this compared to other attractions on property. No reason it should look/operate ‘this’ badly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom