Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

(PS: not sure exactly how a “crew member” works or is seen in the game yet.. haven’t gotten to play it myself.. nonetheless love the representation!) :
This is the closest explanation to what the crew does..They are pretty much a Power up to the vehicle the character drives..

Rodj

AJ Locascio is likely voicing Jack Sparrow. Alazraqui's Winslow T. Oddfellow character from Nickelodeon's CatDog is a pretty close facsimile to Figment once you strip him of his attitude and Brooklyn accent. Still, I'm kind of leaning toward Piotr for now. Piotr Michael does a cartoony wizard voice which is akin to Dreamfinder. I can see him doing double duty for Figment as well. His vocal style reminds me of a Tom Kenny.
Jared Butler voices Jack Sparrow here. He's been the previous voice actor for Jack in other games and I haven't seen any other character he could have voiced before.

Rodj

1681577781562.png

FigmentJedi

‘Dreamfinder’ is part of the Figment crew in Disney Speedstorm! Along with SMRT-1, Orange Bird, Sonny Eclipse, Dapper Dans, and the Enchanted Tiki Room Birds!
From Rael on the official Disney Speedstorm Discord server (PS: not sure exactly how a “crew member” works or is seen in the game yet.. haven’t gotten to play it myself.. nonetheless love the representation!) : View attachment 710442
So much for some of the occasional "Disney is going to make Figment completely independent from Dreamfinder as this big marketing push ahead of the movie keeps going" pessimism I've seen around.

Inspired Figment

He should have a special power to squirt skunk gas everywhere so the other driver’s can’t see.
I’d prefer not man, the entire 02-current ride is a mockery of what once was there, it honestly shouldn’t be celebrated at all knowing it’s history and the people behind it. They did it all out of spite, to mock fan complaints about the version in between that made it the Honey I Shrunk institute but without Figment being included. Hence why Figment is portrayed as a nuisance/interference that as a catalyst almost throughout the entire thing. I’d ‘much’ prefer they use more stuff from the ‘original’ ride with genuine good people, a great message, and a good history behind it. How about something like smoke or an electric ball or whatever from the dreamport or something from the realm of Literature (with the monsters and the like) scene? Something like that

Last edited:

Dragonman

I’d prefer not man, the entire 02-current ride is a mockery of what once was there, it honestly shouldn’t be celebrated at all knowing it’s history and the people behind it. They did it all out of spite, to mock fan complaints about the version in between that made it the Honey I Shrunk institute but without Figment being included. Hence why Figment is portrayed as a nuisance/interference that as a catalyst almost throughout the entire thing. I’d ‘much’ prefer they use more stuff from the ‘original’ ride with genuine good people, a great message, and a good history behind it. How about something like smoke or an electric ball or whatever from the dreamport or something from the realm of Literature (with the monsters and the like) scene? Something like that
The electric plasma balls from the Dreamport are in a cage with other original props in the queue so they could potentially be reused someday.
1682291472607.png

Inspired Figment

I hope so too, but truth be told, I just wish.. this once, perhaps a properly rehabbed ride could open first, be a success, and ‘then’ the movie be released and be a success. I feel it’s important to get the point across to upper management that a park original concept can be successful on its own, and not just from a popular film or tv show tie in. If not that, ‘atleast’ have a film or show released at or around the same time rather than a film before it. Imagineering was & can be capable of the same creativity & storytelling as their animation & live action film & tv divisions. And this ride & these characters ‘especially’ prove that

Last edited:

Bocabear

A great and worthy IP, that just happens to have sprung from the parks division instead of film. There is interest even without the presence he once had... It is ridiculous the way they contort themselves to find new IP and shoehorn it into the parks when they have this great character ready to go... and he gets a popcorn bucket instead of a worthy attraction

FigmentJedi

Figment formally drops in Speedstorm on Friday with an "Imagination Cup" special event allowing you to grind for the racer chips to unlock him. Also while digging through the unlockable quotes for profile customization, they threw in "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" and "Back, Back, Over the falls".

Gillyanne

Imagination Cup is a ranked event, but even just participating will get you a base level Figment when it concludes in 10 days. Also, one of his selection quotes is "If you can dream it, you can do it"

Does this seem to mean he'll be harder to get when it's F2P? I was gonna wait for F2P b/c I'm not really a racing game type player, but if he won't be easy to get then, I may need to consider the lower tier founders if I want to get it for him....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom