Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

While I’m a tad mixed on his voice (a little too deep, not as high & gravely as it should be IMO, curious to know who voices him here actually. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Dave Goelz) but the fact that Figment’s been added to this game is OMG!!! HUUGE!!! His character design looks FANTASTIC also! 😍👏🏻👏🏻 🙌🏻 YESS!! Was a little on the fence getting this game initially, but I’ve been hoping & praying some Park characters (including Figment) would be added, now that he’s in, I’m 100% on board on buying it! SO glad Figment’s getting in games now! Can’t think of a better type of Disney all-star game for his first appearance. #FigmentSweep! Let’s keep this going, giving little sparks of hope 🙏🏻

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

I am curious if it's just Billy Barty soundbytes or if they got Corey Burton doing his voice for this..
‘Def’ not Billy Barty. It’s someone else 100%. Sounds more like Dave Goelz to me. Would be shocked to find out it’s Corey Burton since it sounds nothing like his portrayal/new dialogue featuring his very close Billy Barty impression in the cameos he makes in Journey Into Your Imagination (99-01), but nonetheless just happy Figment is in! 🙌🏻 That is a HUGE, HUGE win for all of us atm.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Whoever voiced Figment in this should 100% be the new voice of Figment. They captured Billy Barty’s tone perfectly.
Disagree.. he sounds more like Dave Goelz here tbh. His overall look & personality is perfect, but the quality of the voice is very off. It should be a little gravely and higher pitched. Though despite my objections in his voice being wrong, I’m glad he’s featured so prominently with a great likeness in this game! No question that I’ll be playing as him/he’ll be my main when the game releases. 👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Disagree.. he sounds more like Dave Goelz here tbh. His overall look & personality is perfect, but the quality of the voice is very off. It should be a little gravely and higher pitched. Though despite my objections in his voice being wrong, I’m glad he’s featured so prominently with a great likeness in this game! No question that I’ll be playing as him/he’ll be my main when the game releases. 👍🏻👍🏻
Let's hope he isn't DLC .

Cmdr_Crimson

There's parts of the performance that remind me of Eric Bauza's recent Looney Tunes work. I'm not absolutely confident in that guess, but its as good as any, especially with how prolific he's gotten in recent years.
Well, at one point he "was" to voice Oswald for the cancelled Disney+ series... Wouldn't be a surprise if it is him..

Rodj

Here is the latest VA list in the credits of Speedstorm, which of course doesn't mention who voiced who:
1681528412652.png

Since there are 18 voices here, and there are 18 racers, I assume that each VA is the voice of one of the racers. After researching all of the characters in the game to see who voiced them previously, I was able to match/eliminate 14 of the VA's. The remaining VA's are Adan Carrillo, AJ Locascio, Piotr Michael, and Roxana Ortega.
Outside of Figment, there are new VA's for Mowgli, Celia Mae, and Randall. Since Adan is still young, I assume that he is the voice of Mowgli. Roxana can be assumed as the voice of Celia, as she is the only female VA left.

The remaining VA's now are AJ Locascio and Piotr Michael, which aren't easy to differentiate who could have voiced Randall or Figment.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

View attachment 710420
Here is the latest VA list in the credits of Speedstorm, which of course doesn't mention who voiced who.
Would be humorous if Carlos Alazraqui voices him here considering he originally voiced Insomniac Games’ Spyro for the first game on PlayStation in ‘98, who mysteriously looks a lot like Figment (wouldn’t be surprised if his designers were inspired by Figment, considering the original Journey Into Imagination ride was still operating by the time the game released. Plus, the dragonfly life/health bar sidekick that follows him around named “Sparx”?.. yeeeeah. Hahaha! Like the “little sparks” that Dreamfinder used to bring Figment to life?) Lol! Would be curious to know who actually voices him however..
IMG_3683.jpeg

Last edited:

Rodj

Would be humorous if Carlos voices him here considering he originally voiced Insomniac Games’ Spyro for the first game, which mysteriously looks a lot like Figment (wouldn’t be surprised if Spyro’s designers were inspired by Figment, considering the original ride was still around by the time the game released. Plus the life bar being “Sparx”… yeeeeah) but yeah. Lol! Would be curious to know who actually voices him however..
Just updated my post with using the process of elimination to reduce the possible VA's to 2 people(AJ Locascio and Piotr Michael)

Inspired Figment

‘Dreamfinder’ is part of the Figment crew in Disney Speedstorm! Along with SMRT-1, Orange Bird, Sonny Eclipse, Dapper Dans, and the Enchanted Tiki Room Birds!
From Rael on the official Disney Speedstorm Discord server (PS: not sure exactly how a “crew member” works or is seen in the game yet.. haven’t gotten to play it myself.. nonetheless love the representation!) :
IMG_3694.jpeg

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Just updated my post with using the process of elimination to reduce the possible VA's to 2 people(AJ Locascio and Piotr Michael)

AJ Locascio is likely voicing Jack Sparrow. Alazraqui's Winslow T. Oddfellow character from Nickelodeon's CatDog is a pretty close facsimile to Figment once you strip him of his attitude and Brooklyn accent. Still, I'm kind of leaning toward Piotr for now. Piotr Michael does a cartoony wizard voice which is akin to Dreamfinder. I can see him doing double duty for Figment as well. His vocal style reminds me of a Tom Kenny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom