Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

No, no no… we do ‘not’ need the association with Eric Idle anymore after 2 ‘terrible’ versions with him involved. Bad enough he’s associated with the character he is, the one along with his “Imagination” institute that ruined the pavilion. It’d only feel like a troll/slap in the face to fans of the original version. I like Eric as an actor, but in regards to the Imagination pavilion, he needs to be as far away from that pavilion as possible going forward.
I find it ironic he voiced a dragon for Warner Bros that looks quite suspiciously close to another dragon...
2.jpg

Haymarket2008

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that concept art they released, especially that Figment statue. While I have no doubt the structure itself will look as pictured, I can't imagine (ha) we'll necessarily be seeing those particular artifacts. Disney even said in their blog post this is an example of what a Festival of the Arts exhibit could look like.

I can't imagine the Figment installation would be permanent, and even if it was, it probably won't look like that seeing as it appears to be stolen from somebody else. Weird that this is the second time this has happened with Figment specifically but alas
View attachment 704205

I don’t think that Figment statue is 100% coming. I think that was probably just a rendering of the type of things one might see in that space.

Tha Realest

No, no no… we do ‘not’ need the association with Eric Idle anymore after 2 ‘terrible’ versions with him involved. Bad enough he’s associated with the character he is, the one along with his “Imagination” institute that ruined the pavilion. It’d only feel like a troll/slap in the face to fans of the original version. I like Eric as an actor, but in regards to the Imagination pavilion, he needs to be as far away from that pavilion as possible going forward.
Once Seth Rogen does his take on this character we’ll be pining for the Eric Idle days

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

zipadee999

Keeps him relevant yet recluse so his eventual return is all the more rousing for the fandom. à la Hat Box Ghost.
And we can’t forget they used him for the imagination projection show on SSE. I hadn’t considered this before but I think you’re onto something here. Between articles, light shows, and merch, they’re trying to keep him peripherally relevant. All of the truly extinct characters barely get a mention in extinct attraction pages on the disney blog, not even close to everything dreamfinder’s been getting lately.

Inspired Figment

Once Seth Rogen does his take on this character we’ll be pining for the Eric Idle days
My understanding is he’s simply producing it and not necessarily close in the creative aspect of it. My hope is they keep it all true to how the message & characters are presented in the original ride rather than not.
Another hope is that ‘maybe’ they might have the ride restored back to it’s former glory ‘before’ the movie is released, just to prove a point to upper management about park original IP being successful in it’s own right and how ‘that’ is a valid medium for true creativity without film IP having to be tied into it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My understanding is he’s simply producing it and not necessarily close in the creative aspect of it. My hope is they keep it all true to how the message & characters are presented in the original ride rather than not.
Another hope is that ‘maybe’ they might have the ride restored back to it’s former glory ‘before’ the movie is released, just to prove a point to upper management about park original IP being successful in it’s own right and how ‘that’ is a valid medium for true creativity without film IP having to be tied into it.
As I have said before... I expect it to be like every other single live-action movie with a CGI sidekick ever.
Untitled design.png

Rodj

Touch and Taste Lab Figment seems to be moving more again

While yes, the animatronic is fixed now(albeit the left arm motion is busted again), you should never take the release date of a video as the date it was recorded, only trust live streams or videos where they mention when it was recorded. The video you posted was when Figment still had the sweater on.

I will be glad the day more Figment/JII news is released, so I will no longer have to see "that kid" plague the search results for the ride on YouTube with unrelated kid content.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom