Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

Why don't they just use Respeacher with Billy Barty's voice? If they can do that with Vader and James Earl Jones they can do that with Figment and Barty.
I love Billy Barty's voice, but I think they're going to want to find an actor that's alive that can do press and media for a while to promote the film and any franchising that will come from it. Technology only gets better as time progresses, and I'm sure Disney has some ideas for what they'd like to use James Earl Jones' voice in future projects, but as of this moment I wonder if they have enough to make an entire film with him as a lead based off of prior audio of his voice. They may just have enough in their archives. But with Billy Barty as Figment, I'd be really surprised if Disney had enough audio - and Billy's estate would have to okay it, before anything else.

Thankfully, there are a lot of very talented voice actors out there. I'm confident that they can find someone that sounds just like OG Figment.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love Billy Barty's voice, but I think they're going to want to find an actor that's alive that can do press and media for a while to promote the film and any franchising that will come from it. Technology only gets better as time progresses, and I'm sure Disney has some ideas for what they'd like to use James Earl Jones' voice in future projects, but as of this moment I wonder if they have enough to make an entire film with him as a lead based off of prior audio of his voice. They may just have enough in their archives. But with Billy Barty as Figment, I'd be really surprised if Disney had enough audio - and Billy's estate would have to okay it, before anything else.

Thankfully, there are a lot of very talented voice actors out there. I'm confident that they can find someone that sounds just like OG Figment.
Perhaps, they could use his sound clips when he played Gwildor in the Masters of the Universe movie..😂

I'm still curious if Dave has done any other recordings of Figment ever since the 02 version..

Last edited:

chad5871

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more active with speculation after Chapek was ousted and Iger returned to the reigns as CEO. Especially in light of the recent email sent out by Iger yesterday (quoted below), what do you all think that this change in leadership could mean for the future of Imagination (and Figment/Dreamfinder)?

From Bob Iger:
As we approach the end of 2022, I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to the biggest Disney fans in the world – all of you.

Disney is fortunate to have the most devoted and enthusiastic fans, and I was reminded of this a few weeks ago when I visited Disneyland Resort and attended the Candlelight Processional. It was invigorating to be surrounded by so many guests who make what we do possible. We love your passion for our company and your enthusiasm for what we create, and we will continue to do our best to exceed your highest expectations.

As you know, next year Disney will mark its 100th anniversary. We are immeasurably grateful to the generations of fans all around the globe who have invited our stories and characters into their lives, and we look forward to celebrating the groundbreaking moments, the cherished memories, and the creative visionaries that made Disney the most beloved name in entertainment over the past century.

During the coming year, D23 will launch a slate of exciting events to mark this historic milestone.

Looking at all the opportunities ahead, I can honestly say there has never been a better time to be a Disney fan. It is an extraordinary privilege to lead this remarkable company again, and I am so grateful for your continued passion for Disney. On behalf of all of us at The Walt Disney Company, I wish you a wonderful holiday season and a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more active with speculation after Chapek was ousted and Iger returned to the reigns as CEO. Especially in light of the recent email sent out by Iger yesterday (quoted below), what do you all think that this change in leadership could mean for the future of Imagination (and Figment/Dreamfinder)?

From Bob Iger:
Did he EVER Talk about it during his first tenure? No.....So, I doubt will hear anything about it...

EPCOT-O.G.

From Bob Iger:
There had at least been some movement on the Figment side of things lately pre-Iger. If I had to guess it’s going to wait to see how the new Rogen project looks, and/or how it’s received

CaptainAmerica

Did he EVER Talk about it during his first tenure? No.....So, I doubt will hear anything about it...
I do think there's going to be some kind of gesture of goodwill to say to the fans "the bad man is gone, I'm going to take care of you now." Iger is extraordinarily savvy when it comes to PR spin and that sort of thing, and he knows that Disney's reputation is in the gutter right now.

But I don't think Imagination is a very likely candidate.

Last edited:

Phil12

Figment and Dreamfinder are right where Iger wants them, relegated to a Disney fan nostalgia bucket list of the very, very distant past. It's a great selling tool to put Figment or Dreamfinder on coffee cups, key chains, t-shirts, bags, pins, buttons, plush and the other assorted kitsch.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
His tune has changed somewhat in the public space. He has a legacy to uphold. The goal being that under his watch, he helped put "Creativity" back in Disney. An Imagination overhaul seems like the ideal project to spearhead if he wants to help rebrand Parks as a fan service'd playground.

Inspired Figment

Truth be told, at Tony’s Legend Award Ceremony. He pushed and is adamant in crediting himself as helping bring Figment back in the 02 version of the ride and genuinely thinks that’s good enough. Yeeeah, the ride where Figment farts in our face and is intentionally cast as a nuisance in the otherwise entirely Film IP themed Journey to mock the fans the complained about his removal in the version prior. If that doesn’t say everything, I don’t know what else does. and despite his BS promise “Figment won’t be going anywhere anytime soon I promise”. There’ve been multiple attempts internally to be rid of him for good after him saying that, but have been stopped by others within the company. Notably Pete Docter.. but yeah, he is no Figment/Dreamfinder/Imagination supporter. The reason why? It absolutely ‘obliterates’ his idea that film IP is the greatest source of “creativity and inspiration” within Walt Disney Imagineering and being the ideal direction for EPCOT going forward. That ride specifically is what proves that whole idea wrong and Iger isn’t giving that up/willing to admit that direction is wrong anytime soon.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

There’s a reason Tony can’t stand the man… no coincidence this photo was planned at his Legend ceremony himself personally. Look who’s on the side of who. Can’t say I blame him. Iger’s such a fraud it’s not even funny.

Attachments

• 8C213F8C-9754-4689-92C9-7F607CA9AE3B.jpeg
    8C213F8C-9754-4689-92C9-7F607CA9AE3B.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 91

Inspired Figment

Hell, those Figment comic series. Both series 1 & 2. TWO TIMES, they sold extremely well & got positive ratings. That was supposed to prove sales & numbers wise that it was viable to properly restore back to its former glory. But nope, he ‘still’ refused. Talk about an obtuse egotist idiot.

Inspired Figment

His tune has changed somewhat in the public space. He has a legacy to uphold. The goal being that under his watch, he helped put "Creativity" back in Disney. An Imagination overhaul seems like the ideal project to spearhead if he wants to help rebrand Parks as a fan service'd playground.
You’d hope.. but I think it’s all PR talk and nothing more. He’s a political man through and through. Soon, I believe a large majority of folks are gonna have their eyes opened to this sad fact very soon.

Inspired Figment

Just look at how Iger treats Mickey Mouse. Anyone watch that new documentary? Ya know, the one that paints Iger as the “savior” once again.. conveniently leaving out HUGE parts of Mickey’s history to benefit a BS narrative of him becoming a “soulless mascot” thanks to other management. Despite the fact that ‘he’ is the guy that contributed to that shortly after he became CEO. Preschooler fodder Mickey Mouse Clubhouse strictly pushed for a decade or more since ‘06 (also conveniently left out I should mention..) while great past efforts that appealed to all ages, that had humor & personality like Mickey Mouse Works / House of Mouse and ‘most’ (not all, but most) of the 90s/early early 2000s-pre Iger (works conveniently spearheaded & closely involved with Roy Disney Jr. I should mention) have been ‘intentionally’ buried and refuse to have a proper release on Disney Plus due to this aswell. Then they greenlight/push a Mickey that feels more like a gross, mean spirited parody of past works headed by a guy that seemingly loathes & mocks the character while sabotaging/abandoning everything else made prior that felt genuine with real heart, humor, and personality that appealed to all. Epic Mickey/more shorts like Mickey in Get a Horse, etc included.. ohh yeah. That is ‘not’ a coincidence ladies & gentleman. It all started with a Mouse.. and the Mouse prominently displays this problem for all to see under Iger & Chapek.

Last edited:

pdude81

Just look at how Iger treats Mickey Mouse. Anyone watch that new documentary? Ya know, the one that paints Iger as the “savior” once again.. conveniently leaving out HUGE parts of Mickey’s history to benefit a BS narrative of him becoming a “soulless mascot” thanks to other management. Despite the fact that ‘he’ is the guy that contributed to that shortly after he became CEO. Preschooler fodder Mickey Mouse Clubhouse strictly pushed for a decade or more since ‘06 (also conveniently left out I should mention..) while great past efforts that appealed to all ages, that had humor & personality like Mickey Mouse Works / House of Mouse and ‘most’ (not all, but most) of the 90s/early early 2000s-pre Iger (works conveniently spearheaded & closely involved with Roy Disney Jr. I should mention) have been ‘intentionally’ buried and refuse to have a proper release on Disney Plus due to this aswell. Then they greenlight/push a Mickey that feels more like a gross, mean spirited parody of past works headed by a guy that seemingly loathes & mocks the character while sabotaging/abandoning everything else made prior that felt genuine with real heart, humor, and personality that appealed to all. Epic Mickey/more shorts like Mickey in Get a Horse, etc included.. ohh yeah. That is ‘not’ a coincidence ladies & gentleman. It all started with a Mouse.. and the Mouse prominently displays this problem for all to see under Iger & Chapek.
The Mickey Shorts are growing on me, and my kid loves them. I consider them part of the multiverse. Did hate them at first though, just because it was a such a radical departure from the classic Mickey vibe.

Inspired Figment

The Mickey Shorts are growing on me, and my kid loves them. I consider them part of the multiverse. Did hate them at first though, just because it was a such a radical departure from the classic Mickey vibe.
You ought to show your kid and rewatch yourself episodes of Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse. They sadly can’t be found officially but you can find them via bootleg DVDs & videos on YouTube. You’ll be SHOCKED to see just how much better those efforts are compared to 06-now. (With the exception of Epic Mickey & Mickey Mouse in Get a Horse)

Inspired Figment

They put in new projectors in the ride recently, and all of them in the starting scene were not calibrated in size. Seems like Tower of Terror isn't the only ride with bad projector issues now:
View attachment 688609
View attachment 688610
Talk about fixing the “important” things that weren’t even broken to begin with in regards to functionality… and not even well.. oiii. The Figment AAs need far more attention/work than those projections ever did.. hell, that ride needs more attention as a whole than anything like that does.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom