Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

WinnieBear

Tony Baxter's probably somewhere cheering since he is now getting the Figment movie he wanted Disney to make, lol.

Don't have much to say on the movie besides that I hope it is good and that it is faithful to the spirit of the ride. Seth Rogen and his production company has made a ton of good stuff in the past, so I'm optimistic.

I also would love to see them take inspiration from the Figment comic since that is a great modern reimagining of the duo that still remains faithful.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

My hopes for this film:
1) Reunite the Dreamfinder and Figment - they're a package deal in terms of storytelling, and keep their personalities the same. Don't re-design Figment, he's perfect as he is!
2) Use fantastic practical effects - I'd like to see Figment mostly as an animatronic puppet ala Grogu (with some CGI to fill in where needed - the Volume would be great, too)
3) Be really imaginative and go BIG
4) Keep Tony Baxter and WDI in the collaboration process for the eventual update to the attraction

This is what I've been hoping for, as further franchising Figment is the only way this current set of higher-ups will greenlight a decent amount of funds for an overhaul of Imagination. Let's hope they do this with care...

Epcot82Guy

My hopes for this film:
1) Reunite the Dreamfinder and Figment - they're a package deal in terms of storytelling, and keep their personalities the same. Don't re-design Figment, he's perfect as he is!
2) Use fantastic practical effects - I'd like to see Figment mostly as an animatronic puppet ala Grogu (with some CGI to fill in where needed - the Volume would be great, too)
4) Keep Tony Baxter and WDI in the collaboration process for the eventual update to the attraction

This is what I've been hoping for, as further franchising Figment is the only way this current set of higher-ups will greenlight a decent amount of funds for an overhaul of Imagination. Let's hope they do this with care...

Agreed. This could really be a slam dunk for both fan service and a new franchise. Following their current "mini story" obsession for the parks, the original attraction storyline could easily be followed again. Fully update all the effects. Add in Easter eggs from the film (assuming it's done in the way you describe). And, you could easily have a winner on your hands for both film and ride.

ElvisMickey

Let’s do it, baby!

Attachments

• ADDC3673-8CB6-436E-9633-15EFBA7CD3C8.jpeg
    ADDC3673-8CB6-436E-9633-15EFBA7CD3C8.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 56

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Something tells me its going to be another one of those boring business guys meeting a CGI character kinda thing... Or anything similar... And the live action character going "whooooaaa! What are YOU!" with a bunch of crraAAAZzyyy shenanigans along the way... You know... All of the "Meh... It's fine..." movies.... For instance...

MV5BMmI0ZmMwMDYtNTk4OC00NGNhLTk3NDUtNjFmZTI5NTUzYTFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
TheSmurfs2011Poster.jpg
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_film_poster.jpg

513MeTAVQDL._AC_.jpg
MV5BZjk2MjJmM2ItNmMxMi00YWE1LTk0MGUtMWYyNTFkZWY5YjUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDI3NjU1NzQ@._V1_.jpg
1664588113593.jpeg

514uzjPeCbL._AC_.jpg
MV5BNjJjMmRkNjYtNmJhNi00ZDM1LWEzMjMtOWZjNjgxODc1YmFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTQyNTIzNjM@._V1_.jpg
1d9d03065c61292f462d3e0ea9300c13.png

MV5BYzE3ODhiNzAtOWY4MS00NTdiLThmNDctNDM4NjRiNGFmYjI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2ODM1ODUw._V1_.jpg
MV5BNWMyMDc3ODYtODMwZS00MGVjLWJhY2QtYWI1NDM0Y2RjOTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
514y9umK6fL._AC_.jpg

AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg
The same writers... -->
pokemon_detective_pikachu_german_movie_poster_pikachu_on_tims_shoulder.jpg

Here is my concept poster. I'll take cash, please.

Green Aesthetic Hello August Poster.png

spectromagic04

Something tells me its going to be another one of those boring business guys meeting a CGI character kinda thing... Or anything similar... And the live action character going "whooooaaa! What are YOU!" with a bunch of crraAAAZzyyy shenanigans along the way... You know... All of the "Meh... It's fine..." movies.... For instance...

MV5BMmI0ZmMwMDYtNTk4OC00NGNhLTk3NDUtNjFmZTI5NTUzYTFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
TheSmurfs2011Poster.jpg
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_film_poster.jpg

513MeTAVQDL._AC_.jpg
MV5BZjk2MjJmM2ItNmMxMi00YWE1LTk0MGUtMWYyNTFkZWY5YjUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDI3NjU1NzQ@._V1_.jpg
View attachment 670353
514uzjPeCbL._AC_.jpg
MV5BNjJjMmRkNjYtNmJhNi00ZDM1LWEzMjMtOWZjNjgxODc1YmFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTQyNTIzNjM@._V1_.jpg
1d9d03065c61292f462d3e0ea9300c13.png

MV5BYzE3ODhiNzAtOWY4MS00NTdiLThmNDctNDM4NjRiNGFmYjI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2ODM1ODUw._V1_.jpg
MV5BNWMyMDc3ODYtODMwZS00MGVjLWJhY2QtYWI1NDM0Y2RjOTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
514y9umK6fL._AC_.jpg

AFairlyOddMoviePoster.jpg
The same writers... -->
pokemon_detective_pikachu_german_movie_poster_pikachu_on_tims_shoulder.jpg

Here is my concept poster. I'll take cash, please.

View attachment 670358
Sonic, detective pikachu and Casper were great tho.

Mickeynerd17

I had no idea Rocky and Bullwinkle had a film. Wow.

As someone who grew up with large animatronics of them at my (mostly) local arcade place, that's really cool.

Epcot82Guy

A Dreamfinder origin story based on loneliness and, literally, the ultimate imaginary friend - exploring human connection, purpose, etc. in a Pixar-esque way could actually be a pretty compelling storyline which could blend the zany, whimsical and heart felt. But I'll believe it when I see it for the reasons noted above.

I really hope we don't get trite, annoying Figment, the 2 hour version.

brb1006

A Dreamfinder origin story based on loneliness and, literally, the ultimate imaginary friend - exploring human connection, purpose, etc. in a Pixar-esque way could actually be a pretty compelling storyline which could blend the zany, whimsical and heart felt. But I'll believe it when I see it for the reasons noted above.

I really hope we don't get trite, annoying Figment, the 2 hour version.
I liked Dreamfinder's origin story in the Marvel Figment comics where Dreamfinder (real name "Blarion "Blair" Mercurial") was very fascinated with imagination, science, and cyberpunk as early as a young boy. He created Figment as a kid after using his newly intended goggles/headgear where he made imaginary figures come to life.

JohnD

My hopes for this film:

I agree. Put Dreamfinder in the movie. They don't need to "redesign" but "dedesign" Figment to return him back to being the whimsical character he was. Not the menace he currently is now. The movie becomes an IP that fits the model of attractions in Disney parks. Not coincidentally Imagination 3.0 gets rethemed back to Imagination 1.0. That's my hope anyway.

Last edited:

JohnD

Hmmm.... as much as I like Bobby Moynihan, he doesn't sound all that much like Figment. Can he do a good Figment impression?
Why don't they just use Respeacher with Billy Barty's voice? If they can do that with Vader and James Earl Jones they can do that with Figment and Barty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom