Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

I think that Figment they keep using is a poseable mannequin version. They like reusing him for different events where people assume it's one of the original AA's and it isn't..Here's an example from Mickeyblog showing the figure at Creations.

Figment-16-778x1024.jpg

fw-fest-figment-creations-4.jpg

Inspired Figment

Is it crazy if I wouldn't be mad at them making this permanent, annexing it to World Discovery, and converting Imagination into something World Nature-related? 😬
That ‘is’ crazy.. absolutely ludicrous infact, why on earth would you settle for just a few tidbits and not the ‘entire’ attraction/pavilion. When the whole building and most of the track is still there, just not properly utilized. It just has to be restored and have some things put back in (02-current version hardly has anything except for a couple static props, projections & 3 AAs as it stands. Lol) etc. and we’re good. Absolutley no reason it shouldn’t, Truth be told, it’d cost a lot less than most of the parks investments they’ve been doing lately & It’d ‘only’ spread good will & faith to any & everyone in the future of the company and get more people to visit.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

I think that Figment they keep using is a poseable mannequin version. They like reusing him for different events where people assume it's one of the original AA's and it isn't..Here's an example from Mickeyblog showing the figure at Creations.

Figment-16-778x1024.jpg

fw-fest-figment-creations-4.jpg
You’re right. That’s the Figment figure that used to be in the Kodak film shop (now the Visa meet n greet area). Utilizes the same mold as the opening scene AA however.

Cmdr_Crimson

You’re right. That’s the Figment figure that used to be in the Kodak film shop (now the Visa meet n greet area). Utilizes the same mold as the opening scene AA however.
Do you know of what AA are still in existence from the original? The only 3 I recall is the astronaut version, the arts section with the mask that was in one man's dream and the one with the letter blocks..

Inspired Figment

Do you know of what AA are still in existence from the original? The only 3 I recall is the astronaut version, the arts section with the mask that was in one man's dream and the one with the letter blocks..
Got that a little mixed up. The one wearing a tux with the Dreamfinder mask is the Performing Arts/Theatre scene. But yeah, atleast one of the Flight Into Imagination figures still exists in the Archives, the original Realm of Art/Artist figure is the current Sound Lab figure just with a different outfit and a phone in his hand rather than a rainbow filled jar & lid, retrofitted onto one of the opening scene dreamcatching machine mechs, and Current Detour scene Figment is the Original Film Finale Figment.
So ‘most’ of those original figures still exist.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

That ‘is’ crazy.. absolutely ludicrous infact, why on earth would you settle for just a few tidbits and not the ‘entire’ attraction/pavilion. When the whole building and most of the track is still there, just not properly utilized. It just has to be restored and have some thing put back in, etc. and we’re good. Absolutley no reason it shouldn’t, Truth be told, it’d cost a lot less than most of the parks investments they’ve been doing lately & It’d ‘only’ spread good will & faith to any & everyone in the future of the company and get more people to visit.
Because I've never really understood all the fuss and bother over Figment / Imagination even in its original form? I wouldn't be disappointed if the pavilion were restored, but I also wouldn't mind if some space like this simply became Figment-themed with appropriate meet-and-greets to keep merchandise alive for as long as people care.

Inspired Figment

Because I've never really understood all the fuss and bother over Figment / Imagination even in its original form? I wouldn't be disappointed if the pavilion were restored, but I also wouldn't mind if some space like this simply became Figment-themed with appropriate meet-and-greets to keep merchandise alive for as long as people care.
Guessing you’ve only ridden the 02-current iteration in person. Understandable if that’s the case. That version isn’t even close to the original 83-98 version. In any way shape or form. That original version got lines out the door almost always and was always popular and known as a classic. ‘That’ is why Figment is popular & beloved with people. Hardly anyone likes the 02-current one and for good reason. Tony Baxter included.

James Alucobond

Guessing you’ve only ridden the 02-current iteration in person. Understandable if that’s the case. That version isn’t even close to the original 83-98 version. In any way shape or form. That original version got lines out the door almost always and was always popular and known as a classic.
No? I rode the original version throughout my entire childhood, but my memories of it are similar to Kitchen Kabaret. Fond, but couldn't care less if it returned. It's certainly not something I consider an indelible part of my memories of EPCOT like Spaceship Earth, Horizons, and Maelstrom were. Different people can have different opinions.

Inspired Figment

All the original 83-98 Figment figures are as follows;
1. Figment popping out of the hatch. Opening Flight Into Imagination sequence (5 identical for each quadrant of that turntable) (1 currently known to be in the Archives)
2. paint mixing Figment in the realm of Art (last whereabouts was a WDW warehouse in Kissimmee)
3. Artist Figment with a jar of rainbows in the realm of art (current Sound Lab Figment)
4. Figment with blocks in the realm of Literature (still around as you mentioned, last seen in the Odyssey building years ago)
5. Figment forming the word Shadow via a shadow puppet (Tony Baxter currently owns this one) (Literature)
5. Figment popping out, shocked, from behind the Nightmare letters (literature)
6. Figment pushing with all his might, keeping the book of monsters shut (literature)
7. Performing Arts Figment (one seen in DHS One Man’s Dream)
8. Astronaut Figment (currently seen after the the blast finale)
9. Figment looking through the magnifying glass alongside fortune telling Dreamfinder
10. Film Finale Figment (now the Detour scene Figment)
No? I rode the original version throughout my entire childhood, but my memories of it are similar to Kitchen Kabaret. Fond, but couldn't care less if it returned. It's certainly not something I consider an indelible part of my memories of EPCOT like Spaceship Earth, Horizons, and Maelstrom were. Different people can have different opinions.
Majority opinion is that the original was a classic, iconic experience, I mean. Not your’s specifically.

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

That ‘is’ crazy.. absolutely ludicrous infact, why on earth would you settle for just a few tidbits and not the ‘entire’ attraction/pavilion. When the whole building and most of the track is still there, just not properly utilized. It just has to be restored and have some thing put back in, etc. and we’re good. Absolutley no reason it shouldn’t, Truth be told, it’d cost a lot less than most of the parks investments they’ve been doing lately & It’d ‘only’ spread good will & faith to any & everyone in the future of the company and get more people to visit.
I think they don’t realize how many people would lose their minds over this. Spending all of that money on a Moana sprinkler walk through, which no one asked for. The amount of good will they’d receive from the fans on an Imagination upgrade would go a long way…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom