Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

TJJohn12

Jeff Bridges, Dreamfinder Legacy...with a haircut.

View attachment 400256

I can see this working. It'd really tie the pavilion together. To anyone dead set against it, I say simply that this aggression will not stand.

“I’m the Dreamfinder, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dreamfinderness, or uh Dreamfinderer, or El Dreamfinderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.”

Seriously, though, I'd be game.

Mike S

I can see this working. It'd really tie the pavilion together. To anyone dead set against it, I say simply that this aggression will not stand.

“I’m the Dreamfinder, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dreamfinderness, or uh Dreamfinderer, or El Dreamfinderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.”

Seriously, though, I'd be game.
“Imagination’s just, like, in your head man.”

Brer Oswald

3069f88fe24ec708c8f30eb823435a4faa14e311.png

Enjoy some unrelated music on the D23 Expo's official Spotify playlist before the Parks panel.
Banjo-Kazooie and Figgy + Dreamfinder? Damn, would 2019 be in the history books as “the year fans got their wish” if that happened.

FigmentJedi

My wishlist:
- Dreamfinder as the leader/"father figure"
- Figment's original personality (or at least one that's less mischievous and more child-like/exploring)
I think the dynamic the comics went with of a young creative seeking to make the world better but having confidence issues being boosted up by an imaginary friend that's a manifestation of optimism with his childish delight masking a sharp wit and wisdom you wouldn't otherwise expect actually works better then the original. It has a vibrancy that could be an easier sell to a new generation.

Inspired Figment

I think the dynamic the comics went with of a young creative seeking to make the world better but having confidence issues being boosted up by an imaginary friend that's a manifestation of optimism with his childish delight masking a sharp wit and wisdom you wouldn't otherwise expect actually works better then the original. It has a vibrancy that could be an easier sell to a new generation.
You also have to understand. The comics are meant to be an *origin* story for Dreamfinder & Figment *before* they came into their respective roles in the original attraction. Hence the younger Dreamfinder. It’s their first exploration and experience through the realms of imagination. When Dreamfinder creates Figment in the original attraction... it’s not only introducing ride guests to Figment but demonstrating the creative process and how his dreamcatching machine works. Hence the line, when he talks about how “you never know what kind of figment you may come up with, “here’s my favorite” (meaning he had created him before... which is proven in the comics. Dreamfinder initially created him as a child as an imaginary friend, and later rediscovers him using his mesmonic converter invention through thinking of him through his memories (the mesmonic converter is a prototype of sorts to his dreamcatching machine that brings whatever “sparks” (abstract ideas) he combines & thinks up in his imagination to create new things to eventually bring them to reality.) There ya have it.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

I’m just going to put in my 2 cents regarding what I believe will happen regarding the Imagination Pavilion.

Nothing.

Ok, maybe something like a small teaser, a throwaway line, or a poster. But I don’t believe we are getting anything major. Maybe, just MAYBE a return of the Dreamfinder walk around character as a rare meet and greet coming to the parks. But that’s it.

I suspect 2021 to be the year the announcement hits. Especially if this is targeted as a post 2023 opening.

trainplane3

I’m just going to put in my 2 cents regarding what I believe will happen regarding the Imagination Pavilion.

Nothing.

Ok, maybe something like a small teaser, a throwaway line, or a poster. But I don’t believe we are getting anything major. Maybe, just MAYBE a return of the Dreamfinder walk around character as a rare meet and greet coming to the parks. But that’s it.

I suspect 2021 to be the year the announcement hits. Especially if this is targeted as a post 2023 opening.
I'd toss $1 for a Dreamfinder M+G for in Epcot experience building thing if anything actually happens.

ImperfectPixie

Nothing.

I like you, @Brer Oswald, but I really, REALLY hope you're wrong on this one as meeting Dreamfinder and Figment in 1987 (I think that was the year?) was a big reason why I fell in love with Epcot to begin with. I had tears in my eyes after riding Imagination...I was awestruck and inspired.

Inspired Figment

Am I the only one who dislike the marvel version of Dreamfinder? What wrong with him being old lol/
What's wrong with him being hot?
*Or* why can’t you guys comprehend that the comic version of him is when he was *younger*, *before* the events of the original ride. Hence why it’s an *origin* story. He looks like his regular older self by the end of the series. Personally though, I say it’s best we go with the older version of him so it makes sense timeline wise. As long as his charm and personality is the same creative, wise, eccentric, jolly guy we all know and love, doesn’t really matter either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom