Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

For anyone that’s is skeptical - Disney released 2 new Figment plushies around the beginning of July and both of those plushies are already sold out (even online.) They started a new line of sleeping characters and Figment sold out long before the other major Disney characters did. Disney is prepping to make a lot of money with all of the new Figment merchandise they are going to sell. Bob Chapek is focused on selling that merchandise and Figment is a cash cow. Even with Figment’s unfortunate portrayal in the current attraction, guests love him.

And any time Dreamfinder has been merchandised on anything (and they haven’t done remotely enough imho) it sells out immediately.

I would be very sad to see the glass pyramids go. I think they’re one of the most amazing visuals in all of EPCOT and beautifully encapsulate the idea of Imagination. But there may be structural issues that Disney needs to address that necessitates this...the OG Imageworks on the 2nd floor was shuttered because it didn’t meet OSHA standards after switching the V2. The 2nd floor may be used for a DVC lounge but a lot of the space is not being used.

This current version was supposed to be a temporary solution until the next big EPCOT expansion, and while Project Gamma was dissected by Eisner, we’re now in a very different time. GotG has been met with disdain and resistance from the community, and with all of the changes EPCOT has seen, there’s not much left of the original Future World. This is their one shot to pay proper homage to EPCOT’s original glory and garner good will from the fans. I think Sunday is going to have a lot for us to be excited about :)

Mike S

For anyone that’s is skeptical - Disney released 2 new Figment plushies around the beginning of July and both of those plushies are already sold out (even online.) They started a new line of sleeping characters and Figment sold out long before the other major Disney characters did. Disney is prepping to make a lot of money with all of the new Figment merchandise they are going to sell. Bob Chapek is focused on selling that merchandise and Figment is a cash cow. Even with Figment’s unfortunate portrayal in the current attraction, guests love him.

And any time Dreamfinder has been merchandised on anything (and they haven’t done remotely enough imho) it sells out immediately.

I would be very sad to see the glass pyramids go. I think they’re one of the most amazing visuals in all of EPCOT and beautifully encapsulate the idea of Imagination. But there may be structural issues that Disney needs to address that necessitates this...the OG Imageworks on the 2nd floor was shuttered because it didn’t meet OSHA standards after switching the V2. The 2nd floor may be used for a DVC lounge but a lot of the space is not being used.

This current version was supposed to be a temporary solution until the next big EPCOT expansion, and while Project Gamma was dissected by Eisner, we’re now in a very different time. GotG has been met with disdain and resistance from the community, and with all of the changes EPCOT has seen, there’s not much left of the original Future World. This is their one shot to pay proper homage to EPCOT’s original glory and garner good will from the fans. I think Sunday is going to have a lot for us to be excited about :)
Well, this and Spaceship Earth.

Clamman73

It seems logical to do a big redo for Imagination within a five year time frame...Guardians/redo Wonders/TT/MS once all up and going is gonna make the East “top heavy” with people, especially at opening...they need a big pull on the West besides what smelly Figment, Soarin, some fishes and vegetables do now, especially since they’re investing in a total tear down of Communicore West and rebuild of that side.

DreamfinderGuy

“We might lose the Imagination Pavilion but Dreamfinder and Figment will return”
18440F4E-16BE-4A1C-8AED-08E5ABFE4AAE.jpeg

Familydvc4

Hey guys, I have some really exciting news.

I figure it needed it's own thread since it's separate to the current one about Inside Out, and both could happen in some way.

Figment is a serious contender for the reImagination of the pavilion. The budget remains from previous proposals, and I am just as surprised as you are.

Now, you may ask, will this be announced at D23? For that, I haven't a clue, unfortunately. A lot of talks are moving internally and I'm actually quite optimistic right now.
Hope you are correct. His is one pavilion that needs a good makeover.

Hollywood 1939

My wishlist:
- Dreamfinder as the leader/"father figure"
- Figment's original personality (or at least one that's less mischievous and more child-like/exploring)
- One Little Spark
- Return to the omnimover style
- A longer ride (preferably closer to the original)
- A beautiful score that plays throughout.
- The original message (imagination belongs to everyone and can change the world for the better; not just the childish creativity the current version pushes)
- A larger Imageworks space.

It they can include all these and give it a whimsical and heartfelt original storyline (and keep it visually stunning) I'll be a happy camper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom