Figment, Dreamfinder, Water Tower?

Thrill Seeker

A fitting set of announcements for WDW would be restoring some of the classics for the 40th...

1. The Enchanted Tiki Room returns to Magic Kingdom (Already Announced)
2. Dreamfinder returns in an all new Journey Into Imagination reminiscent of the original, complete with the upstairs Imageworks.
3. The hat is demolished in a giant spectacle and the Earful Tower is restored as the icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios.
4. (This one is a long shot) Countdown to Extinction name restored to Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

There ya go. That's an easy list of things that could easily be done for the 40th.

devoy1701

A fitting set of announcements for WDW would be restoring some of the classics for the 40th...

1. The Enchanted Tiki Room returns to Magic Kingdom (Already Announced)
2. Dreamfinder returns in an all new Journey Into Imagination reminiscent of the original, complete with the upstairs Imageworks.
3. The hat is demolished in a giant spectacle and the Earful Tower is restored as the icon of Disney's Hollywood Studios.
4. (This one is a long shot) Countdown to Extinction name restored to Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

There ya go. That's an easy list of things that could easily be done for the 40th.

What would have been nice is if all of these would be in place for the 40th, not just announced for the 40th.

WDWFigment

What would have been nice is if all of these would be in place for the 40th, not just announced for the 40th.

Since the 40th begins (or occurs, if you count it only as one day) in less than 5 months, it would be near-impossible to redo Journey into Imagination in time for the 40th.

If Disney is going to do that, I'd much rather it be done with the care and time necessary to accomplish a high quality rebuild. I wouldn't care if the current attraction were shuttered for 3 years while work progressed on a new version (key word being progressed--I don't want the pavilion shuttered temporarily, with temporarily turning into a buzzword for "future events-space a la Wonders of Life").

devoy1701

Since the 40th begins (or occurs, if you count it only as one day) in less than 5 months, it would be near-impossible to redo Journey into Imagination in time for the 40th.

If Disney is going to do that, I'd much rather it be done with the care and time necessary to accomplish a high quality rebuild. I wouldn't care if the current attraction were shuttered for 3 years while work progressed on a new version (key word being progressed--I don't want the pavilion shuttered temporarily, with temporarily turning into a buzzword for "future events-space a la Wonders of Life").

My point exactly. They should have made announcements about "Remembering 40 Years of Magic" a year ago and allow for some/most of these offerings available throughtout the 40th Year. I guess 16 months is still enough time for some of these changes to occue, but as you mentioned, I wouldn't think it would be enough time for JII to be completed.

Edeyore

Boy, I hope they didn't bring Dreamfinder out just for a convention. They must realize, just from the reception how much people enjoyed him and the way the attraction was. Come on Disney, listen-up, the public is speaking and they are saying bring the team of Dreamfinder and Figment back, the way they should be.

ArtieJim

The Dreamfinder was great. I'm not sure what's going on with the Figment ride any more. It's fun in it's own right, but would much rather have the original, or something like it.

rodserling27

Boy, I hope they didn't bring Dreamfinder out just for a convention. They must realize, just from the reception how much people enjoyed him and the way the attraction was. Come on Disney, listen-up, the public is speaking and they are saying bring the team of Dreamfinder and Figment back, the way they should be.

This 100%. They MUST know what a good move it would be to bring back Dreamfinder!!

Tigger1988

While I agree with your sentiment the D23 crowd isn't exactly the best representative of how the general public may feel.

Do I want them to bring them back? Yes. Do I think they'll bring them back based solely on the reaction of 1000+ diehard fans? No.

WorldKey

I'm sure glad that this forum has made me see that I'm certainly not the only one that loved the first version of JII and was so confused to see them get rid of Dreamfinder. Has anyone ever talked to someone that knew some of the actual reasons why? Did they get any input by the public or were lines disappearing at the pavillion? Maybe now with online forums as popular as they are, Disney may spend a bit more time checking the pulse of the public before such drastic, generally rejected changes....

baymenxpac

if dreamfinder comes back, i say we officially petition disney to put a dr. nigel channing headstone in the cemetery at the haunted mansion.

the original JII is one of my favorite attractions of all time. here's to hoping for some good news at D23.

aladdin2007

Glad someone started this thread. My mind has been wandering since I saw the Dreamfinder photos from Destintion D.

Martin posted some moons ago that a redesign for Imagination has been completed utilizing the technology from Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disney Resort.

Apparently Imagineering had a plan all set to go just like that, among a couple other versions if I remember correctly, but :zipit: TDO refuses to spend on anything so grand or simpler for that matter. :brick: Makes me so mad. They dont care. Yet Imagineering does.

PlutosRHM55

There wasn't another thread about it (that I could find) so I thought I'd start one to see what everyone thought. There's a new thread about Figment merch increasing. One of the posts mentioned that maybe it means they're hinting at bringing the ride back to it's old version, as Dreamfinder & Figment were also at D23. I also noticed that in a lot of the slides, the Earful Tower was used in the background instead of the hat. Could Disney be planning to do something with these things and they were hinting, or is it more likely that they're just celebrating the classic things this year?

I would love Dreamfinder to be back with his good friend, Figment so I definitely hope so. And though I love that the Sorcerer Mickey Hat is an awesome symbol for DHS, the Earffel Tower really says "Studios".

TropicalFig8

I'm so jealous of those of D23 members that got to experience this. Especially Figment and Dreamfinder reuniting for one last time. I hope this means that Disney is actually listening to us fans.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
With the news about the return of the Tiki Room, if they annouced that Dreamfinder was coming back, my head might just explode. I dont know if I can handle how happy I'd be about that.

Neverland

While I agree with your sentiment the D23 crowd isn't exactly the best representative of how the general public may feel.

Do I want them to bring them back? Yes. Do I think they'll bring them back based solely on the reaction of 1000+ diehard fans? No.

The immense unpopularity should and probably has turned their heads. The original attraction had out-the-door lines, and the current version is a walk-on even on New Years Eve (I know this from multiple personal experiences). If Disney didn't care if guests like a ride, they wouldn't have changed the second version and added Figment back in.

Not that they always take action when it comes to unpopular rides, but they certainly must notice, especially when the ride replaced a beloved attraction that was extremely popular. With all the old-school stuff that has been showing up, we know they are definitely listening to us to a certain degree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom