Figment, Dreamfinder, Water Tower?

misterID

My understanding is that Dreamfinder appearing at the D23 event was done as a D23 thing - meaning that it was not intended to be foreshadowing of a future project.

That really blows. Whatever happened to Lasseter getting off the current ride and saying, "What are we going to do about this?" :mad:

5. Knock down WoL pavilion and re-build Horizons. :lookaround:

:sohappy:

Figments Friend

I also spoke with him, and he definitely had some choice words for the current attraction, and was very blunt about it. I was surprised that he'd be so candid with a fan, but it was very nice!

Tony Baxter seemed to be everywhere over the course of the weekend. Every time we turned around, we were seeing him somewhere else.

Tony rules.

:D

puntagordabob

With all of the rumors that are spinning around, and all of the things that have come to fruition over the past year..The 40th Anniversary could very well put us on the brink of the second Golden Age of Walt Disney World...
:

Dude...shut the heck up! I WONT be able to sleep JUST thinking of what you just wrote! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

duran385

According to Jim Hill's site Dreamfinder made a big splash at the D23 event and we know imagineers have been considering a new version of the pavillion for years. If the classic merchandise continues to sell well im sure we will get an announcement soon (maybe even at D23 in august?)

I think online feedback and orange bird merchandise sales were a big reason Disney opted to make a redo of the classic version rather than keep the 90s cartoon tie-in version.

A new version would be awesome, we can only dream

aladdin2007

Originally Posted by Cmdr_Crimson
"Remember there is also a 30th anniversary of Epcot in 2012 to be excited about."

Heh heh...that is what was said before the 25th, and look what ended up happening!

:D

'Any Dream is Possible..'

Um, what ended up happening? Not much of anything. :shrug:, a speech and small room gallery?

Snoballego

Coincidence or not? Dreamfinder faded off into existence at the same time that the AMBER alert system emerged nationwide.

I love my memories of the original ride being a small lad back in 1980's EPCOT. A redo of the attraction needs to appeal to today's 3-12 year olds. An attraction of such a fun caliber that they beg to go to EPCOT on every future trip.

Banksy

EHHHH I think it's time Figment just died out already. :brick:

It's become a train wreck that they shouldn't bother fixing.

Oh and this rumour has gone round before.

DarthGrady

If a half-way remake brings in a creepy bearded guy that sticks his hand up a dragon's butt, the backlash could leave the pavilion a bigger ghost-town than it is now.

A redo MUST knock it out of the park. If it doesn't it will be the biggest waste in WDW history.

It can't be a why bother move.

They certainly took a step in the right direction with Captain EO. The last time I saw HISTA there may have been 20 people in the theater. Every time I have gone into EO recently there have been 100+. And to top it off, people (myself included) actually cheer and clap! No one clapped for HISTA, except for its removal. :D

I hope with every fiber of my being that they restore JII. It is so badly needed. It just scares me that they might also totally ruin it like they did with The Living Sea. Things can always be worse.

acr123

With that being said, I know the Dreamfinder is an obsolete character. There are no plans to return him to the park in the way in which we would all like him to return. He is, however, planned to appear on a bunch of merchandise items that will be for sale in the next few months.

And how may I ask do you know this?

This isnt exactly directed at only you, but I get so tired of people presenting their own personal thoughts and feelings as facts on these boards.

....just saying:shrug:

TropicalFig8

My little brother was DEATHLY afraid of JIYI w/Figment, and still is slightly scared of it. I think its the train in the dark part that freaked him out. For a little kid of about 3 or 4, that can be quite intimidating and unwelcoming. Even at 22, I still get a little freaked out... :lol:

With that being said, I know the Dreamfinder is an obsolete character. There are no plans to return him to the park in the way in which we would all like him to return. He is, however, planned to appear on a bunch of merchandise items that will be for sale in the next few months.

First off,how is Dreamfinder obsolete?

Just because he's been gone for a few years? We still remember him. It's not like that Stitch show that was a totally disaster and no one except the fans know about it.

Banksy

I understand Figment is a big thing for the older generation of disney world fans, but i think it has died out with the majority of the younger ones now. I think Figment will soon be extinct If we are being honest :zipit::dazzle::dazzle:

HDS

How can you say that? What song is played when you enter Epoct via bus or Monorail? Imagination that's what. Figment is a symbol of Epcot and WDI.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Disney told us he was.

I think we need to remember that Disney is no longer an individual. Disney is a corporation, meaning one single person doesn't always speak for the entire group of stakeholders. At one point, the Disney Corporation may have indicated that Dreamfinder was long gone, but corporations change CEOs, board members, etc. That means a group of people can change their mind...which is much easier than a single individual changing their mind. Walt Disney (the individual) didn't declare Dreamfinder dead, the Disney Corporation (a group of people) did...and that corporation has had turnover.

I'm not saying that Dreamfinder is coming back, but claiming that he definitely isn't because someone several years ago said he wasn't is very short sighted. How many times have we seen major corporations (or governments) change their mind in the past? A good board of directors can see how the world is changing and re-direct a company.

devoy1701

I think we need to remember that Disney is no longer an individual. Disney is a corporation, meaning one single person doesn't always speak for the entire group of stakeholders. At one point, the Disney Corporation may have indicated that Dreamfinder was long gone, but corporations change CEOs, board members, etc. That means a group of people can change their mind...which is much easier than a single individual changing their mind. Walt Disney (the individual) didn't declare Dreamfinder dead, the Disney Corporation (a group of people) did...and that corporation has had turnover.

I'm not saying that Dreamfinder is coming back, but claiming that he definitely isn't because someone several years ago said he wasn't is very short sighted. How many times have we seen major corporations (or governments) change their mind in the past? A good board of directors can see how the world is changing and re-direct a company.

Furthermore, how many times of recent have we seen TDO alone do an about face on decisions. Seems like some people are starting to realize that maybe they haven't been taking to consideration the fan base before making some decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom