Festival of the Lion King

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
Don't like to start a new thread with potentially old information, but visited Festival of the Lion King today. Haven't been since they've added the "Living Character" Timon to the mix - great addition.

Anyways it looks like they've done some work on the old parade floats to bring them up to show standards. All four of the animals on each float look like they've been retextured or refurred. Water features were working on the Elephant float. Simba's animations were amazing.

Sorry no photos, but it seems like this is where some of the mothballed funding from Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends ended up.

Studios Fan

Don't like to start a new thread with potentially old information, but visited Festival of the Lion King today. Haven't been since they've added the "Living Character" Timon to the mix - great addition.

By "Living Character" do you mean animatronic like Pumbaa and Simba are or "costumed" walk-around cast member?

brent2124

The Timon is a human CM in a costume walking around the set. It has been this way as long as I can remember it. It is one of the only shows I consider a Must Do.

NewfieFan

How did you get that from what I wrote? Timon is a person wearing a costume, not an AA. Your an idiot.

Yes... but you don't say that around here! (shhhh!) If you would like to discuss the "inner workings" (so to speak) you would say the friend of Timon!

And please don't call people idiots!

Ive always loved this show, but when we went down in June and saw it, I took close to 200 pictures because it was just so much better than normal. I couldn't honestly say what was better about it - we were in the front row because my grandfather was in a wheelchair, so I thought it might be the view, but I've had front row seats before. The tumble monkeys had a lot more energy and were spot on in all of their acrobatics...but there was definitely something else as well. Whether it's a new paint job or new cast members or new costumes - it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
How did you get that from what I wrote? Timon is a person wearing a costume, not an AA. Your an idiot.
Wow, seriously?
I'm not even going to touch on the subject, but you're being a jerk.
And it's "you're," not "your."
The sheer irony of that statement - "Your an idiot..." Your stupidity is almost poetic.

DW1

Don't worry Tuba Geek, I think the rest of us got what you meant. Your right, it was to stupid to respond to. WOW.

EPCOTPluto

Aw, I was hoping to go to Festival of the Lion King last Sunday at DAK.

It really does sounds like they are getting more love. Especially Simba's more fluid and realistic movements. :)

Are the water features on the Elephant float new, were they fake originally, or did it used to work? Probably the last one.

Though it's new to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom