Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

drew81

Original Poster
Just to clear up any doubts, FOTLK is indeed moving to Africa behind Tusker Bar area. It will include a new set of restrooms as well.

Have you heard if this area might include a new animal habitat/exhibit as well?

Cosmic Commando

This hopefully. The show could be even better and more immersive. just hope all the performers get chances in other shows. Isn't the MK supposed to be getting some kind of new entertainment?
Everything could be better, but I have always heard that the Festival is one of the most well-liked attractions on Disney's surveys. Not only that, but drawing crowds while being the only real attraction in its land for the last four years and being two Main Street USA's away from the rest of the park. To close it for no good reason other than to save money has me pretty much apoplectic.

JungleTrekFan

Honestly for AK Management to go ahead with plans to move the M&G’s and FotLK from camp minnie mickey means they want to go ahead and give that area to Imagineering to start on Avatar ASAP. If that means having FotLK down for a few months till the new theater is built than so be it.

That would be interesting. I also have a question for you Drew, do you know the name of the Third party entertainment group that the tumble monkey’s and fire dancer are from?

RSoxNo1

It's not really near the backstage area for them, but I would love to see them add a lion exhibit where you can actually see them. Failing that seeing other carnivores like African Wild Dogs or Hyenas would be great additions as well.

NoChesterHester

It's not really near the backstage area for them, but I would love to see them add a lion exhibit where you can actually see them. Failing that seeing other carnivores like African Wild Dogs or Hyenas would be great additions as well.

Wait there are lions in the park??? Never seen them...

Animal Kingdom is dumb. ;)

NoChesterHester

Occasionally you can see an ear on the rocks that look less and less like Donald Duck every time I ride by them.

I should take you on the Tim tour of DAK.

12 hours in a park without air conditioning racing from animal exhibit to well hidden path? Sure, it is beautiful if you like jungle like vegetation and you don't go to Dinorama.

Check that... 6 hours - the park is only open part of the day because there is nothing to do.

Cosmic Commando

Honestly for AK Management to go ahead with plans to move the M&G’s and FotLK from camp minnie mickey means they want to go ahead and give that area to Imagineering to start on Avatar ASAP. If that means having FotLK down for a few months till the new theater is built than so be it.

That would be interesting. I also have a question for you Drew, do you know the name of the Third party entertainment group that the tumble monkey’s and fire dancer are from?
In some ways yes, but also no. If they were really moving on this new theater in Africa and the current theater was totally in the way of Avatarland, then I'd say sure. But it doesn't seem like we see a lot of movement on either front. There's still time left in 2012, but they may not even start building the new theater until the show closes. THAT grinds my gears. There's seemingly nothing stopping them from starting building in Africa, they just don't.

themonkeyisthesultan

It wouldn't exactly be a "new" exhibit, but there are rumors the meerkats in Pangani are going to be moved out and that area will be turned into a lion exhibit.

Scuttle

12 hours in a park without air conditioning racing from animal exhibit to well hidden path? Sure, it is beautiful if you like jungle like vegetation and you don't go to Dinorama.

Check that... 6 hours - the park is only open part of the day because there is nothing to do.

It's got just as much to do as DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom