Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

sgtmgd

Rumor-

Camp Minnie-Mickey will be seeing many changes in the upcoming future. The most significant of these will see Festival of the Lion King relocated to Africa.

The Camp will also be losing the character kiosks and the replacement for those will be the new meet 'n greet location at Beastly Bazaar(which was reported a few weeks ago).
I reported this after my trip over labor day. Rumour was FOTLK seeking a new home...Avatar land will be a part of that location...

RSoxNo1

That'd be a shame, IMO the meerkats are the best part.
I would just view this as a new location for them. They're definitely doing work in that area as none of the animals that were in the background (Gerenuks and a bird species I believe) weren't there last week. I'm not sure where this is geographically, does anyone know if this is up against the Zebra construction?

JungleTrekFan

There's seemingly nothing stopping them from starting building in Africa, they just don't.

Well thats not true, their are a LOT of trees there! :p But in all seriousness the process of constructing in that area surely requires time for planning, clearing some land, and then bidding for contractors, etc. Especially if they decide to include this rumored new meercat enclosure into this project. Everything takes time, when construction starts I’m sure we will all know about it.

@WDWForTwo

It is going to be interesting if FOTLK still moves, and Avatar Land never actually gets off the ground. Camp Minnie-Mickey essentially becomes a gigantic empty area.

RSoxNo1

No I haven't heard anything about this. It would seem weird to have another lion exhibit there since it's a forest exhibit.
Well, the meerkats are less "Foresty" than the other areas. They could also change the name of the trail so that it no longer references the Forest.

Bolna

After having seen the Tarzan show at Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago, I think they should rather bring that show to AK - I thought it was much higher quality. And I love the Lion King show. But last time I saw it I thought that the old parade floats start to look rather old. At least I hope they will get a good refurbishment (and even plussing!!) during the down time while the build the new venue.

drew81

Original Poster
Well, the meerkats are less "Foresty" than the other areas. They could also change the name of the trail so that it no longer references the Forest.

True. I just wonder since the lions are such big part of KS if they would do this.

djlaosc

It is going to be interesting if FOTLK still moves, and Avatar Land never actually gets off the ground. Camp Minnie-Mickey essentially becomes a gigantic empty area.

Wouldn't they just close if off before you get to the bridge? There's only 1 "restaurant" there (Camp Soft Serve, I presume it's just an ice cream stand?) Are there any shops on CMM? Any animals?

Figments Friend

-
After having seen the Tarzan show at Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago, I think they should rather bring that show to AK - I thought it was much higher quality. And I love the Lion King show. But last time I saw it I thought that the old parade floats start to look rather old. At least I hope they will get a good refurbishment (and even plussing!!) during the down time while the build the new venue.

- Tarzan would be a nice additon, agreed.

Regarding the comment about the FOTLK floats starting to look *old*, have you seen the show within the past two years? They did a complete refurb of all the floats and on-float puppets and they look stunning. A HUGE improvement from the faded originals.

Definately see it again soon...i think you will be pleased!
:)

RunnerEd

Pardon me for asking a somewhat obvious question but if Avatar/Pandora is somewhere between on hold and cancelled, why not leave the show up and running WHILE the new venue is under construction? This would seem to indicate that something is going into the CMM area sooner rather than later.

Cody5294

Pardon me for asking a somewhat obvious question but if Avatar/Pandora is somewhere between on hold and cancelled, why not leave the show up and running WHILE the new venue is under construction? This would seem to indicate that something is going into the CMM area sooner rather than later.
Because TDO wants to trick people into thinking there's actually something being built ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just to clear up any doubts, FOTLK is indeed moving to Africa behind Tusker Bar area. It will include a new set of restrooms as well.

What??? RESTROOMS? Woooh00000! who says TDO is clueless!

Anyone know the dates of the new restrooms? Any concept art???

I need to know when to rebook! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom