Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

CrescentLake

ok then...y'all are way too sensitive.

Well that was a very well constructive and well thought out comment, thank you.

At any rate, most posters here are probably right, it'll be covered last. The rest of the building looks pretty amazing, though there is a bit of showbuilding peeking out on the right side...though that'll likely be covered by foliage!

jt04

You folks don't give Joe enough credit. If that duct isn't part of the theme there is no way he won't fix it. IMO.

dstrawn9889

other than the lack of rides and the weenie losing a limb... that park is beautiful (gonna blot out C&H, since i have a mental block around it anyway). Harambe looks gorgeous already, all the way down to the thousands of miles of cables run mishmash through the area... the areas immediately off of the 'hub' (discovery Island) have the most intricate themeing i have seen lately come out of WDI

CrescentLake

Indeed. If the building is show ready it would be a different matter. Technically it is still off stage and a construction site.

I don't think anyone is freaking out about it...just noticing it and discussing accordingly. I think, and I may be wrong, but most people here seem to be aware of the situation, just wary. At least, thats my philosophy. They didn't do anything for Dumbo, so people are a bit concerned. I am sure they will cover it.

ToTBellHop

You folks don't give Joe enough credit. If that duct isn't part of the theme there is no way he won't fix it. IMO.
Have you kept your eyes open on the indoor, backward portion of Everest on a sunny day? Joe didn't prevent that horrible view of not-a-mountain. Then there is the beautiful back side of mountain every guest gets to see (whether driving into the parking lot or taking a bus to DAK) on arrival at the park. I personally give Joe the credit he deserves. He's good but it takes more than one good person to catch everything.

ToTBellHop

So do I which is why everyone getting their panties in a bunch was quite premature.
Perhaps, but your stuck-in-the-90s, chauvinistic "you are too sensitive with your panties in a bunch" mentality doesn't help anyone's views of your comments. Respect in a conversation with diverse strangers goes a long way. You could have just shared your opinion that you believe it will be fixed prior to opening if you didn't want to breed animosity. Instead, you repeatedly offended people which tends to produce argument.

dstrawn9889

Have you kept your eyes open on the indoor, backward portion of Everest on a sunny day? Joe didn't prevent that horrible view of not-a-mountain. Then there is the beautiful back side of mountain every guest gets to see (whether driving into the parking lot or taking a bus to DAK) on arrival at the park. I personally give Joe the credit he deserves. He's good but it takes more than one good person to catch everything.
there is a difference in themeing the on stage portion of a building like EE, but the side not on stage? would you rather they rocked this side and shortened the ride by 50%?, IMHO, leave the offstage plain jane, or theme it as a hotel facade... :)

Rob562

there is a difference in themeing the on stage portion of a building like EE, but the side not on stage? would you rather they rocked this side and shortened the ride by 50%?, IMHO, leave the offstage plain jane, or theme it as a hotel facade... :)

...or paint it to (kinda) look like cliffside temples, which is what they did.

-Rob

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Thank goodness they didn't share this view when the built Space Mountain.

I would prefer they take the traditional view that anything viewable from a guest area (like a parking lot) is on stage. This used to be their view. Not theming the back of Splash Mountain b/c it's only viewable from the parade building area is not a problem, but they took great care to ensure a good view from all areas viewable by guests (and if you take one of the backstage tours, you can see this as there are some areas that used to be painted that no longer are due to foliage growth preventing guests from seeing them).

dstrawn9889

SM is onstage to the Contemporary... not so much with EE. and really, what different would they have done with the smooth concrete of SM anyway(oh, yeah, Paint it so it doesn't start to deteriorate)? rock work on the other hand is ridiculously time consuming and a $$$$ carnivore

Kman101

I don't know why I feel the need to clarify again, but I never said I was personally worried. I was asking if it was covered yet (because I want to see the COMPLETE building, it looks fantastic otherwise) and expressing that it IS sad we have to worry about such things, so in some ways to the poster who decided to snark on my comment, I was actually sort of agreeing with you, in a sense (and the fact is, whether it's complete or not, we still have every right to question if it will be, and isn't this the same company that is just now getting around to putting up rockwork to cover up things). I reallllly don't understand why that poster felt the need to make this something it never really was, and then ignore everything else to continue making snarky comments. It's not being sensitive either. Believe me, I have far more important things in my life to worry about.

Kman101

Perhaps, but your stuck-in-the-90s, chauvinistic "you are too sensitive with your panties in a bunch" mentality doesn't help anyone's views of your comments. Respect in a conversation with diverse strangers goes a long way. You could have just shared your opinion that you believe it will be fixed prior to opening if you didn't want to breed animosity. Instead, you repeatedly offended people which tends to produce argument.

This. Thank you.

Dads 2 Boys

ok. yup. :rolleyes:

Dads 2 Boys

Wow. That's contributing to the conversation. That's mature. LOL. Seriously.

To insinuate I'm being a "chauvinist" is quite worse than getting on people for overacting. Marni71 agreed and y'all get bent at me because don't mess with one of the big men. :) Got it. Carry on.

Btw.....I referenced other movies in my other posts....Apparently I need to reference this one too (Lloyd Bridges in Hot Shots). Better?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom