Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

djkidkaz

If they don't offer an alternative to Harambe, that area will become even more of a mess, especially during peak times. I would not want to be trying to get to Kilimanjaro Safaris when a show lets out.

They need to get rid of that stage in Harambe and have the African dancers go back to performing off to the side or by the drums. The area is too congested for this. You have the same problem with the DJ and dancers in Asia by yak and yeti. Maybe I'm in the minority but seeing that DJ in Asia with his MacBook is bad show and really takes me out of the theme.

Atomicmickey

I've heard the guest experience will be virtually identical, which is kind of a disappointment. Especially when you see the show Hong Kong has.

Kind of sad YOU are worrying about someone else worrying about them covering an ("an", not "a") HVAC unit.

On one hand, I was excited that they may have plussed the experience.

On the other hand, I find it hard to complain that one of my favorite shows at WDW ever
has a new home and will remain untouched.

So the fact that it hasn't changed--especially in light of how WDW has been doing things
lately--is a good thing.

That said, we won't know for sure until it's open, I suppose.

Hobnail Boot

They need to get rid of that stage in Harambe and have the African dancers go back to performing off to the side or by the drums. The area is too congested for this.
Exactly what I was thinking. I enjoy the show and it adds atmosphere to Harambe, but the placement of the stage smack in the middle of Harambe is very poor. I swear that particular stretch is always the most congested part of AK when I visit. Makes perfect sense to drop a stage there! :banghead:

GrumpyFan

Exactly what I was thinking. I enjoy the show and it adds atmosphere to Harambe, but the placement of the stage smack in the middle of Harambe is very poor. I swear that particular stretch is always the most congested part of AK when I visit. Makes perfect sense to drop a stage there! :banghead:

I can only imagine what FOTLK is going to do to crowd flow in the area, especially when the show ends and everyone is exiting.

CrescentLake

Ok, my mistake then. I had it backward, thinking that was the entrance, but in retrospect that wouldn't make sense to enter from there, which technically isn't in Africa.

Anyone have a map of aerial picture. I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing this, for whatever reason.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anyone have a map of aerial picture. I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing this, for whatever reason.

i-TKZrgPFXL-XL.jpg
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-TKZrgPF/0/XL/i-TKZrgPFXL-XL.jpg

Rob562

Wow, thats fantastic! Thank you! Looks like there's going to be a path to Discovery Island after all? I'm actually impressed with the way they used that space, looks good!

The presumption (hope) is that crowds exiting from the theater will be routed south and cross onto Discovery Island using the existing bridge that until now has been backstage access only. From that point crowds would naturally split left/right depending on whether they want to turn left to head back into Africa or turn right and head for ITTBAB and Dinoland.

-Rob

MarkTwain

The presumption (hope) is that crowds exiting from the theater will be routed south and cross onto Discovery Island using the existing bridge that until now has been backstage access only. From that point crowds would naturally split left/right depending on whether they want to turn left to head back into Africa or turn right and head for ITTBAB and Dinoland.

-Rob

I agree it looks like a great plan! Hopefully they'll theme the backstage for all the buildings along the exit bridge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom