Festival of the Lion King moving to Africa

FutureWorld1982

Interesting that they didn't advertise this as being an expansion that will double the size of Africa (Guest walking space only, of course, so the Kilimanjaro Safaris area is not included in this statement).

Rob562

They're also in the process of adding a new path that will lead from the safari area to the main path between Africa and Asia, bypassing the busy area near the bridge, so that should help with the crowd flow.

What I'd like to see are bathrooms somewhere in the area of the safari unload docks. It's a pain when you want to head right into the Pangani Forest trails after getting off the safari (as the designers intended) but having to hike all the way to the middle of Harambe to make a bathroom stop first...

-Rob

meyeet

I agree it looks like a great plan! Hopefully they'll theme the backstage for all the buildings along the exit bridge.
Looking at the aerial picture that is the same thing I thought. Hopefully more is happening in that area since the picture was taken. Would be a shame to walk through a path with fences up on both sides such a long distance.

Marijil

Rumor-

Camp Minnie-Mickey will be seeing many changes in the upcoming future. The most significant of these will see Festival of the Lion King relocated to Africa.

The Camp will also be losing the character kiosks and the replacement for those will be the new meet 'n greet location at Beastly Bazaar(which was reported a few weeks ago).
Everything has its place in the great circle of life...

CrescentLake

All the parks do.

They just need a LOT of money. All of them.

I can't find the post now, but I believe I read somewhere you said there was a lot more to the AK expansion than just Avatar, Night Safari, and Rivers of Light? Can you share details?

I feel like AK will be in much better shape after this, but I agree.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't find the post now, but I believe I read somewhere you said there was a lot more to the AK expansion than just Avatar, Night Safari, and Rivers of Light? Can you share details?

I feel like AK will be in much better shape after this, but I agree.
Wasn't me. Personally I'm not sure that Avland will be enough for a lot of guests.

I did mention a dark ride was also proposed as part of a Lion King mini area that didn't happen. Long term plans include making it possible to walk to Conservation Station. Long term plans.

The shows in progress and whatever Avland brings will be very welcome and I look forward to them but will it go far enough? And let's not forget the parks awful upkeep record.

twebber55

Wasn't me. Personally I'm not sure that Avland will be enough for a lot of guests.

I did mention a dark ride was also proposed as part of a Lion King mini area that didn't happen. Long term plans include making it possible to walk to Conservation Station. Long term plans.

The shows in progress and whatever Avland brings will be very welcome and I look forward to them but will it go far enough? And let's not forget the parks awful upkeep record.
I d say this will be it for DAK after 2017 for a long time....and to be honest EPCOT and DHS deserve some serious TLC

Kman101

Animal Kingdom could really use a couple of dark rides (so annoyed they canned the Lion King dark ride). A fixed Everest Yeti. As well as a makeover to Dinoland.

I agree Avatarland, the night entertainment/Rivers of Light and night safari are a step in the right direction. But they need more. At least it's not JUST Pandora and they are going through with the night show and safari (as I remember those plans seemed very fluid and not a guarantee)

twebber55

Animal Kingdom could really use a couple of dark rides (so annoyed they canned the Lion King dark ride). A fixed Everest Yeti. As well as a makeover to Dinoland.

I agree Avatarland, the night entertainment/Rivers of Light and night safari are a step in the right direction. But they need more. At least it's not JUST Pandora and they are going through with the night show and safari (as I remember those plans seemed very fluid and not a guarantee)
hopefully we will get two dark rides with Pandora so that helps but I agree more air conditioning would be nice in that park:)

CrescentLake

Ah, my mistake. I do remember the Lion King Dark Ride though, that would have been awesome. Walking to Conservation Station would also be a solid idea.

Absolutely agreed. Right now, my group and I can do everything we want in AK by 11:30. And thats counting breakfast, multiple Everest and Kali rides, and taking in the ambience. DAK and DHS simply need more to do.

Epcot too...

DinoInstitute

I know that this has been a rumor/hope for a while, but I also don't remember where but I do remember reading that someone "confirmed" that Dino Land USA would get a renovation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom