Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And the castle stage show, the volume is so loud it blares all the way down main street and out to the seven seas, it never use to be like that. Its so extreme its become obnoxious.
Due to an.... incident... In the fall the stage PA was replaced by a temporary run of the mill speaker system that was clearer and had more oomph than the previous one.

orky8

so I got a report from someone that got to go to the FoF meeting today! They said the reactions form the cast was awesome! The things they told me were very general, but I was told the longest float was almost 60 feet long and the tallest float topping out at 32 feet tall. They said think of them as mini Broadway sets! They said all the floats were showed, but one "mystery" float still remains. The source also said they showed concept art of the the costumes, and they were absolutely beautiful!

When can we expect this?

orky8

i would assume by the new year.... if you've been following this blog you can prob fig it out :)

I've seen March as a possibility. I thought it couldn't clear the wreaths currently hanging across main street, so would have to be after those come down.

Tonka's Skipper

So what if they add the old castle float. My kids grew up with that float in the parades. Its almost a Disney Legend.:D. One classic float can only add depth and Classic Pixie Dust to the other new things.

Time will tell what will happen.

AKK

wdw_cp09

So what if they add the old castle float. My kids grew up with that float in the parades. Its almost a Disney Legend.:D. One classic float can only add depth and Classic Pixie Dust to the other new things.

Time will tell what will happen.

AKK
I asked my friend who went about this and they said... it was said by multiple people several time CASTLE FLOAT IS NOT in FoF!

Last edited:

TTA94

After that meeting I expected a full detailed report on here hahaha. Anyhow, so when do we all get to see the rest of the floats beside the "mystery float"?

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Due to an.... incident... In the fall the stage PA was replaced by a temporary run of the mill speaker system that was clearer and had more oomph than the previous one.

The word temporary is concerning, were stuck with the blaring horrid audio level as it is arent we for a long time.

prberk

OK. Anyone have a picture of the "castle" float everyone was talking about earlier in this thread? I usually kind of ignore the daytime parades (and use them for an opportunity to ride attractions with shorter lines), but I still want to picture this float that has been recycled so many times.

prberk

3528673502_2b6d739abb_b.jpg

Here you go! The infamous Castle float

Sorry, I do not see anything. How is your picture posted?

TTA94

Castle float is still in Once Upon a Christmastime, no?

Yes but I think that's the only parade its used in besides CADCT... Im sure Christmastime would be fine without it lol. Wishful thinking that FoF would cause a big update to Boo To You and Christmastime next year! FoF is going to put the Boo To You and Christmastime floats to shame!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom