Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

novawildcat18

I am hearing some very exciting things about this parade. I won't be living here in Florida anymore by the time the parade debuts but I can't wait to see a video of it when it starts!

wdw_cp09

Are the CADCT floats going to be destroyed? Including the castle float?
not the plan for all of them, at least one (maybe 2) floats will be kept and striped down to become a multipurpose use float, like a portable moving stage. And castle will stay for christmas

aladdin2007

not the plan for all of them, at least one (maybe 2) floats will be kept and striped down to become a multipurpose use float, like a portable moving stage. And castle will stay for christmas

a few pages back there was a rumor that the music or whatever was going to be hiphop theme, can someone please debunk that at this point lol, hopefully not true?

jklakeview

I've just read some sad news about the parade......on mouse planet, it states that this will more than likely be the last year for the garland being strung across Mainstreet USA at Christmas time due to the height of the new floats. That's very sad to me because I think that the garland looks gorgeous during Christmas time. I wonder what they will do instead, if anything.

ToTBellHop

I've just read some sad news about the parade......on mouse planet, it states that this will more than likely be the last year for the garland being strung across Mainstreet USA at Christmas time due to the height of the new floats. That's very sad to me because I think that the garland looks gorgeous during Christmas time. I wonder what they will do instead, if anything.
I'm sure there will be a replacement. Maybe something like what DHS got when they got rid of their garland.

ToTBellHop

Oh I didn't know that happened there. I never went during Christmas until 3 ears ago. What did they used to have?
Before:
3084921398_fe50aa43af_z.jpg

After:
ACF1329.JPG

jklakeview

Before:
3084921398_fe50aa43af_z.jpg

After:
ACF1329.JPG
Well theres really no comparing that garland to how it looks in Magic Kingdom but I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the second photo. Is it even Christmas in that photo? Are you showing me the stars in the trees? They don't look that much like christmas decorations to me. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't see what you're pointing out.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Well theres really no comparing that garland to how it looks in Magic Kingdom but I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the second photo. Is it even Christmas in that photo? Are you showing me the stars in the trees? They don't look that much like christmas decorations to me. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't see what you're pointing out.

Actually the stars & Christmas decorations on the light poles remind me of the town centers from years gone by when towns would decorate street lights with Christmas decorations. In person, it looks nice and does add quite a bit.

jklakeview

Actually the stars & Christmas decorations on the light poles remind me of the town centers from years gone by when towns would decorate street lights with Christmas decorations. In person, it looks nice and does add quite a bit.
I agree but that was the before photo.......the after photo shows that all of that is gone......It actaully doesn't even look like it is Christmas in the after photo. The original poster was saying that it looks better without the garland. I think that Mainstreet will be missing something without the garland and lights.

ToTBellHop

Better? Click on the pic for an enlargement.
hollywood-boulevard-christmas-decorations-1-9.jpg

jklakeview

Ok maybe I'm a little lost...........to recap my point, I feel that the garland in Magic Kingdom looks great and it's a shame that it will be gone due to the height of the new parade. Several people commented that there is a better way of decorating without the garland. They said that they did this after they took down the garland at Hollywood studios. Then I was showed an old photo with garland where it looked like christmas and a new photo without garland where it barely was christmas at all in those pics. I don't know how the second photo was better.

ToTBellHop

There is VERY little christmas in this photo. If this is what you feel is better.............I would have to say that I disagree
I didn't say I thought it was better. It is, however, how DHS dealt with the loss of its garland. I find the light pole Christmas trees with LED lights to be very pretty, but that's just about it to me. Of course, this is the same park that has the Osborne Lights, so I can forgive them a bit. It would be much better if we could just do this:
Hollywood%2BBoulevard%2B-%2BChristmas%2B%25281990%2529.jpg

Beautiful. Classy. Glamorous.

jklakeview

I didn't say I thought it was better. It is, however, how DHS dealt with the loss of its garland. I find the light pole Christmas trees with LED lights to be very pretty, but that's just about it to me. Of course, this is the same park that has the Osborne Lights, so I can forgive them a bit. It would be much better if we could just do this:
Hollywood%2BBoulevard%2B-%2BChristmas%2B%25281990%2529.jpg

Beautiful. Classy. Glamorous.
Oh sorry it was the poster after you that said that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom