Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

etwtec

Is MSEP still set to go down for its so called refurb once FOF starts in March? Hmm 6 months would bring us to around August or September... We shall see!

Wikkler

They have a hop hop Mickey costume .....

This reminds me of something... oh yeah this picture I made
1dUIe.png

etwtec

Can you explain what the purpose of this maintenance pit is? So they are not building a new warehouse for the floats? But if the floats will be tall then how will they initially get in the building?

And for the garland, As sad as that will be to see it go, Im sure they will come up with some solution.. Cant they install it higher?

wdw_cp09

Can you explain what the purpose of this maintenance pit is? So they are not building a new warehouse for the floats? But if the floats will be tall then how will they initially get in the building?

And for the garland, As sad as that will be to see it go, Im sure they will come up with some solution.. Cant they install it higher?
no new buliding, they are however digging a service pit, much like is at the auto quick lube. the floats will drive over, then the floor will then lower. most of the tall floats will telescope to fit in the current buildings. the current method for working on the underside of floats is raising them up in the air about 4 feet. not only is this pit a safer way to work on all floats, its also easier.

as for the garland i dont think it can go higher, bc the floats are taller then the main street buildings

etwtec

I don't understand how the floats will telescope to fit :confused: Hope its not noticeable where the "telescope" points will be! It seems like the Peter Pan float will be one of the tallest floats and I don't see how that is going to "telescope".. Its probably a cheap shortcut TDO is trying to take instead of building a new storage area.

Does anyone know how far along the float construction is? I will be relieved once they are completed so TDO cant cut the budget and ruin to much of Steve original plan for the parade! Im so afraid major things have already been cut from the original plan and that more is to come before this thing actually debuts! We still have about 4 months to go :(

aladdin2007

I don't understand how the floats will telescope to fit :confused: Hope its not noticeable where the "telescope" points will be! It seems like the Peter Pan float will be one of the tallest floats and I don't see how that is going to "telescope".. Its probably a cheap shortcut TDO is trying to take instead of building a new storage area.

Does anyone know how far along the float construction is? I will be relieved once they are completed so TDO cant cut the budget and ruin to much of Steve original plan for the parade! Im so afraid major things have already been cut from the original plan and that more is to come before this thing actually debuts! We still have about 4 months to go :(

They will still find a way once its on property or ran a couple months. Then someone can get a big bonus for doing so. :banghead: Im sure Holmes would love to cut it in half.

doctornick

But did you notice what they did this time? They didn't announce it two years before. They waited for a while, avoiding having to deal with AVATAR-like complaints.

Yeah, which is the ideal way to do it.

I'm wondering if this is happening with Star Wars and they will have advanced plans and even the start of construction (backstage) before they announce it officially. Or at least I hope.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Yeah, which is the ideal way to do it.

I'm wondering if this is happening with Star Wars and they will have advanced plans and even the start of construction (backstage) before they announce it officially. Or at least I hope.
Knowing what kind of people who are on these forums, i think they would have hinted or said that construction has been taken place in this area of DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom