Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I agree but that was the before photo.......the after photo shows that all of that is gone......It actaully doesn't even look like it is Christmas in the after photo. The original poster was saying that it looks better without the garland. I think that Mainstreet will be missing something without the garland and lights.

I did not say it was better, only nice and when seen in person it does feel well decorated. I do prefer the old garland stings especially when lit up and really screaming Christmas is here!!!

Cesar R M

That would be amazeballs and about the only good thing outside of demolishing it entirely that could come of that chapeau.
agree, they could also remove that annoying shop and just put a show-stage-arena similar to what Cinderella castle as infront of it. (aka for music bands or shows..)

Cesar R M

I am in no position to say anything. But I think it'll be a lot more exciting than characters standing and waving on a float.
Oh gods.. reading that comment made my brain (I'm way too imaginative) some very silly idea.
something more exciting than characters standing and waving? CHARACTERS BEING THROWN FROM THE FLOAT TO THE PUBLIC WHILE THEY WAVE! (LOL!)

SpectroMan93

Extending the castle dreamlights down MSUSA might be a option. Though that would cause noticeable ugly wires.
They could place the lights in garland and other greenery. That way it's visually appealing during the day. Plus I've always felt Main Street (and the rest of MK) could use some more garland during Christmas time.

novawildcat18

Oh gods.. reading that comment made my brain (I'm way too imaginative) some very silly idea.
something more exciting than characters standing and waving? CHARACTERS BEING THROWN FROM THE FLOAT TO THE PUBLIC WHILE THEY WAVE! (LOL!)
Haha no no I don't know about anything like that. I'm just saying, I personally get bored with the characters just standing on the float and waving, I gotta imagine there's going to be some sort of choreography. Sort of like Peter Pan and Captain Hook in the Electrical Parade. I don't know anything about this, just speculating.

Kman101

I just don't trust them not to cut floats, characters, show stops (if there are any, I don't know), etc. after it's debuted.

They let their last parade become a near embarassment. And they let Spectro rot for no good reason. I don't trust them with parades. At all.

This one seems pretty promising and on par with a lot of other parks with their much better, and much more impressive parades. It's about time MK got a parade like this.

mm52200

I just don't trust them not to cut floats, characters, show stops (if there are any, I don't know), etc. after it's debuted.

They let their last parade become a near embarassment. And they let Spectro rot for no good reason. I don't trust them with parades. At all.

This one seems pretty promising and on par with a lot of other parks with their much better, and much more impressive parades. It's about time MK got a parade like this.
I feel the exact same way. I'm excited but I just don't trust them to my butcher it to death after it's debut. Or let it run full out a year or two and then really strip down and call it a "new" parade like they did with Block Party Bash.

cjk0318

No show stops.

TTA94

Its a shame there wont be show stops :(. Probably there was one planned but it already got cut. Although if it didn't it would have shortly after the parade premiers anyhow lol.

I hope Steve or whoever posts the rest of the concept art soon! Which apparently CMs already got to see...

etwtec

Since FOF is debuting at the start of the busy Spring break season and MSEP goes down for its refurb, It seems logical FOF would be placed in MSEPs time slot? I would rather that happen instead of a Noon and 3pm or 3pm and 5pm slot.

cjk0318

C
Its a shame there wont be show stops :(. Probably there was one planned but it already got cut. Although if it didn't it would have shortly after the parade premiers anyhow lol.

I hope Steve or whoever posts the rest of the concept art soon! Which apparently CMs already got to see...
Cast Members did NOT see the concept art for floats, only for Costumes.

Cesar R M

hey guys, when you mean "show stops".. it means.... they make a stop while doing the parade to dance and something then they resume moving or what?

Cesar R M

Yes. Like in the very early version of Celebrate a Dream Come True, about midway through the procession, the floats all stopped and the performers and some characters (I think) got off and danced to the "Celebrate You" song, which was the theme song for that year. After that ended, the parade continued.

Edit: Here is a video of the opening day performance of Celebrate a Dream Come True. Skip to around 10:30 to see the show stop. http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/celebrate-a-dream-come-true/video.htm

I wonder what made them make the changes?
Schedule? Accidents? Weather?

GiveMeTheMusic

Well, budget cuts are of course the reason. By summer 2010, the Villains and half of the Princess unit were removed from the parade. The length was reduced from around 15 minutes to just under 10 minutes. Quite sad actually. Here is another video of those drastic changes:

Sorry, at 5:42, it's no longer a parade. It's a cavalcade. How this was allowed to go on for so many years is mind-blowing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom