Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

FutureWorld1982

Town Hall are basically huge meetings for Cast Members to be informed about very big projects (this past year there were multiple Town Hall meetings around all four of the parks for MyMagic+. They even had free candies!)

ToTBellHop

Town Hall are basically huge meetings for Cast Members to be informed about very big projects (this past year there were multiple Town Hall meetings around all four of the parks for MyMagic+. They even had free candies!)
Yeah, and in 2012 there were 17 Town Halls with Gov. Romney regarding the Rapunzel toilets. This helped Disney settle in on the final Dyson Airblades model.

spectrodanny

when i took the Keys Of the Kingdom tour in 2002 I saw many of the "Share A Dream Come True" floats sitting outside next to the warehouse. is that just a staging area for the floats or is the daytime parade always stored outdoors?

TTA94

Mostly back of house work here.

So themeworks is doing back of house stuff? What are they doing if they are not a audio or electrical contractor?

And to clarify Is the purpose of the new sound system to enhance the listening experience and give off a clearer, louder, more base sound? Or is it being done to simply replace old worn out speakers and electrical work, meaning not that noticeable of a change in terms of sound compared to how it currently is?

The hub area speakers have been out of sync or something. Mostly noticeable with the announcements.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

So

So themeworks is doing back of house stuff? What are they doing if they are not a audio or electrical contractor?

And to clarify Is the purpose of the new sound system to enhance the listening experience and give off a clearer, louder, more base sound? Or is it being done to simply replace old worn out speakers and electrical work, meaning not that noticeable of a change in terms of sound compared to how it currently is?

The hub area speakers have been out of sync or something. Mostly noticeable with the announcements.

And the castle stage show, the volume is so loud it blares all the way down main street and out to the seven seas, it never use to be like that. Its so extreme its become obnoxious.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's unlikely that they would hire Themeworks to just do back of house stuff, they mainly do things that are visible to the public. From their web site:

"We partner with entertainment industry, developers, designers and construction firms to produce the character facades, artificial environments, interactive exhibits and props that make theme destinations so memorable"

For example they did all the show sets for Princess Fairy Tail Hall and the Big Thunder Mountain refurb. If I had to guess I would say they were installing new themed speakers along the parade route.

ToTBellHop

It's unlikely that they would hire Themeworks to just do back of house stuff, they mainly do things that are visible to the public. From their web site:

"We partner with entertainment industry, developers, designers and construction firms to produce the character facades, artificial environments, interactive exhibits and props that make theme destinations so memorable"

For example they did all the show sets for Princess Fairy Tail Hall and the Big Thunder Mountain refurb. If I had to guess I would say they were installing new themed speakers along the parade route.
Given what I seem to hear exclusively on Main Street, I can only assume the speakers will be themed to the balloons from Up.

ABQ

And the castle stage show, the volume is so loud it blares all the way down main street and out to the seven seas, it never use to be like that. Its so extreme its become obnoxious.
Ugh, that's my issue with darn near every spectacle, stage show, whatever they call this or that event. They make them all so loud that it's not truly enjoyable and you certainly cannot speak to the person next to you during the event to comment on this or that thing you just saw. And I'm older and probably already lost a good portion of my hearing. For me to perceive it as too loud is saying something. Better located audio equipment can create a possibility for everyone to enjoy and hear the sound clearly without a necessity for the show to be as loud as a Disaster Area concert. <-- clickity click click

wdw_cp09

so I got a report from someone that got to go to the FoF meeting today! They said the reactions form the cast was awesome! The things they told me were very general, but I was told the longest float was almost 60 feet long and the tallest float topping out at 32 feet tall. They said think of them as mini Broadway sets! They said all the floats were showed, but one "mystery" float still remains. The source also said they showed concept art of the the costumes, and they were absolutely beautiful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom