Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

TTA94

How many floats (Large Floats) are there supposed to be?

And this does not really have anything to do with FOF, but is it just me or have they added more flood lights along the parade route recently? I assume for safety reasons? I still rather them add colored lighting like DL and DCA have lol and it would probably be more effective and really brighten up the parade route... Just saying.

TTA94

Haha thanks! And I haven't heard anything about float/budget cuts thus far. (Budget cuts= float cuts) As far as I'm aware, the design and production stage is still running normally.

I hope your right! It sounds like WDW wants FOF to be great! Soo maaaybe the budget will stay very healthy?

What concerns me though is can WDW Actually maintain brand new fancy floats? coughSpectrocough... And if the parade does debut as it is intended with no cuts, How long will it take before cuts are made? :(.

mm52200

I hope your right! It sounds like WDW wants FOF to be great! Soo maaaybe the budget will stay very healthy?

What concerns me though is can WDW Actually maintain brand new fancy floats? coughSpectrocough... And if the parade does debut as it is intended with no cuts, How long will it take before cuts are made? :(.
That's what I'm concerned about too. Block Party Bash barely lasted three years before TDO hacked it to death and turned it into the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade.

cjk0318

It's concerning everyone at this point. The only thing we can hope for is the new parade storage (with doors!! Whould've thunk it!) that can properly store these gigantic floats.

TTA94

It's concerning everyone at this point. The only thing we can hope for is the new parade storage (with doors!! Whould've thunk it!) that can properly store these gigantic floats.

It is great to hear these floats will be gigantic! I always thought MK should have very large and tall floats to really Fill up the parade route :D. I think the only gigantic parade MK has had was Surprise Celebration.

Is there any modifications planned for the parade route?

cjk0318

It is great to hear these floats will be gigantic! I always thought MK should have very large and tall floats to really Fill up the parade route :D. I think the only gigantic parade MK has had was Surprise Celebration.

Is there any modifications planned for the parade route?

Aside from new speakers, no. At least I don't think so.. I don't know if the current cement project going on in Main Street U.S.A. will have anything to do with the parade route. Trolley Tracks will most likely still be there with those rubber fillings in between them for parade time.

TTA94

Aside from new speakers, no. At least I don't think so.. I don't know if the current cement project going on in Main Street U.S.A. will have anything to do with the parade route. Trolley Tracks will most likely still be there with those rubber fillings in between them for parade time.

When are the new speakers expected to be installed? And what exactly is the reason for the new speakers? Will this be a noticeable change?

cjk0318

When are the new speakers expected to be installed? And what exactly is the reason for the new speakers? Will this be a noticeable change?

Just to improve audio quality; the current speakers along the parade route are a little... crappy. And it's only a noticeable change by listening.

aladdin2007

Just to improve audio quality; the current speakers along the parade route are a little... crappy. And it's only a noticeable change by listening.

while on subject of sound, they need to turn down the volume at the castle stage show, insane blaring that can be heard all over, never use to be that way.

cjk0318

while on subject of sound, they need to turn down the volume at the castle stage show, insane blaring that can be heard all over, never use to be that way.

I think it's been that way for a while, because I don't believe the main speakers (Under the blue cloths on both sides of the stage) aren't working, which is why I've seen other speakers around the stage which were REALLY loud when I was in front of the stage.

wdw_cp09

Just any fyi: some of the cast just finished some dance workshops. The Sr. show director, which is from California was there along with one of his choreographers. He didn't really share anything new :/. (he did saw "this will be the longest day time parade MK has ever seen") The workshop its self however was AMAZING! If any part of what we did is in the new parade, your jaw is going to drop!!!

jrh1985

Just any fyi: some of the cast just finished some dance workshops. The Sr. show director, which is from California was there along with one of his choreographers. He didn't really share anything new :/. (he did saw "this will be the longest day time parade MK has ever seen") The workshop its self however was AMAZING! If any part of what we did is in the new parade, your jaw is going to drop!!!
I think MK used that longest parade line for All America back in 1987! LOL!
As for the workshop, sounds like a good one! Was the music in the workshop? I hope the soundtrack is not too modern. Something along the lines of CADCT would be nice.(BIG CADCT fan here!)
Also is CADCT still supposed to end when OUACTP goes daytime? Or, has it/could it change?

wdw_cp09

I think MK used that longest parade line for All America back in 1987! LOL!
As for the workshop, sounds like a good one! Was the music in the workshop? I hope the soundtrack is not too modern. Something along the lines of CADCT would be nice.(BIG CADCT fan here!)
Also is CADCT still supposed to end when OUACTP goes daytime? Or, has it/could it change?

no the music was not used... the way he talked it is still being written/recorded.

and yes CDCT will close when christmas parade takes over. as for FoF he said look for it to open in march.

GiveMeTheMusic

What's the name of the show director?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom