Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

jrh1985

Soft opening is March 12, with official grand opening on March 16. Steve said the music is no longer "original" to a certain extent.

Are these dates rumored, offical or your own guess? So the soundtrack is not orignal now? Any hints on where the music is coming from?

TTA94

I had a feeling the music was not going to be "original"... Happiness Is Here is a good choice. That song is very catchy and I never get bored or tired of it! That or Flights of Fantasy from HKDL.

Last edited:

Genie of the Lamp

So I viewed Steve Davison's facebook fan page and saw that he recently put a picture on their showcasing the Abbey Roads Studios in London (I believe this is where the World of Color soundtrack was recorded at). He was there listening to recordings for a few different shows. He stated that the symphony was magnificent and truly spectacular. I would assume these recordings would be for Winter Dreams and Festival of Fantasy right @ckozel0318?

GiveMeTheMusic

So I viewed Steve Davison's facebook fan page and saw that he recently put a picture on their showcasing the Abbey Roads Studios in London (I believe this is where the World of Color soundtrack was recorded at). He was there listening to recordings for a few different shows. He stated that the symphony was magnificent and truly spectacular. I would assume these recordings would be for Winter Dreams and Festival of Fantasy right @ckozel0318?

Could also be for Once Upon A Time at TDL.

etwtec

Ugh I don't know how I feel about "Happiness Is Here" being the music. It's a great song and catchy but why must WDW once again reuse music from TDL! Why did they decide not to make a original score?

mishel635

Just wondering when the current parade is ending. We are going to be at WDW from 2/15/14-2/22/14. Are we not going to have a daytime parade at MK while we are there?

WDWLover#1

If Steve said "to a certain extent" the music would be really cool if it's a mash up of happiness is here and some new lyrics or music. As long as it's up beat. The Once Upon a Dream parade at Disneyland Paris was very weird. The music sort of didn't work. It's just a weird choice imo anyway-

jrh1985

Those are official. And the music is a rip of Happiness is Here
Thanks! I'm a little surprised that they have the dates picked out already! The first preview date is just about 2 months after christmas ends. I think the. Happiness Is Here will do well in MK.

jrh1985

So, what's the story with the rumored plans of Festival of Fantasy being shown during the day and night while MSEP gets refurbed (doesn't it scare you when a parade gets refurbed now after SpectroGate?)
I'm wondering about that too. Sounds like when FOF opens, Spring Break will or has already started, and then Summer, so, when's the best time to referb MSEP????
MK might get away with referbing MSEP during MNSSHP 2014 but there's only 2 months of MNSSHP before MVMCP and the holiday season.

aladdin2007

I'm wondering about that too. Sounds like when FOF opens, Spring Break will or has already started, and then Summer, so, when's the best time to referb MSEP????
MK might get away with referbing MSEP during MNSSHP 2014 but there's only 2 months of MNSSHP before MVMCP and the holiday season.

If MSEP does go down for rehab, I wouldnt expect it to return, like spectro. TDO is h***bent on doing away with light parades, they seem to hate lights in general, spectro, lights of winter etc etc.

Was kinda looking forward to orginal music for FOF, Happiness is somewhat annoying and sounds very preschoolish or something. :confused: Hopefully its a little better than that.

spectrodanny

He was talking about the Castle float currently in use at the Magic Kingdom Park. It's been in use since Ronald Reagan was in the White House. :D

WDW Castle Float Debuts for 15th Anniversary - 1986
9558688-large.jpg

There are two Castle floats in use at Disneyland currently. One in the Soundsational Parade that debuted in 2011, which is really a Princess Float but has architectural elements from five different princess castles on it; the Tangled Tower, Snow White's Wishing Well, the palace steps where Cinderella lost her shoe, the castle confines where Aurora spun at her wheel, and the castle ballroom where Belle danced.

Princess Castle Float - Disneyland Soundsational Parade 2011-13
tumblr_m4cvxsVTkZ1r3i6lgo1_500.jpg

And in Disneyland's Halloween Parade there's another "Castle Float", which is recycled from the Parade of Dreams that ran from 2005 to 2010. In October, 2010 they redressed that Castle Float and turned it into a "Spooky Castle" float where Mickey and Fab Five appear in their Halloween costumes in October each year.

Spooky Castle Float - Disneyland Halloween Parade, 2010-13
10_10_DLR_5281-640x455.jpg

http://static.disneylandnews.com/files/2011/09/10_10_DLR_5281-640x455.jpg

Those are the only three "Castle Floats" currently in use in American Disney theme parks; two at Disneyland, one at Magic Kingdom Park.

actually Disneyland also had a castle float just like the one that debuted for Magic Kingdom's 15th anniversary. from what i've heard from a long-time Parade CM in CA, their version of the mirrored Castle float was given to WDW in the early 90's when Disneyland changed Christmas Parades

SpectroMan93

If Steve said "to a certain extent" the music would be really cool if it's a mash up of happiness is here and some new lyrics or music. As long as it's up beat.
This is what I am hoping for. Steve confirmed several months ago that the parade would feature original music, so it would be somewhat frustrating if the entire soundtrack is borrowed from another parade. A mash up of original and old music would at least show that they were trying to be creative rather than lazy.

montyz81

So if they are doing new parades, why can't the bring back a day parade to Epcot? The infrastructure is still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom