Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

GiveMeTheMusic

I think people misunderstand the re-use of parade music. Imagine it this way. TDO finally gives the greenlight for a new parade after beating around the bush for 10 years. Imagine being Steve and the Creative Entertainment team. You're excited, but you KNOW budget cuts will come because it's TDO. A fantastic theme was written for the new TDR parade that 99.9999999% of WDW guests will never see. An easy way to trim budgets without hurting the show is to reuse some music. Personally, I'd rather have the fantastic Happiness is Here theme re-used on FOF than lose a float because someone in Orlando got scissor-happy.

Just a theory.

wogwog

Just wondering when the current parade is ending. We are going to be at WDW from 2/15/14-2/22/14. Are we not going to have a daytime parade at MK while we are there?

Correct. What you would consider a day parade is not announced to take palace at that time. Best or worse depending on your opininon of it could be added performances of the horrid Move It Shake It monstrosity. MK could resurrect the Family Fun Day parade that does not contain floats or even run the Rain Cavalcade with vehicles and performers every day. The issue with FFD or RD is that the performers needed for them will probably be busy at overnight rehearsals for the new upcoming parade like they do in preparation for Halloween and Christmas.

cjk0318

Correct. What you would consider a day parade is not announced to take palace at that time. Best or worse depending on your opininon of it could be added performances of the horrid Move It Shake It monstrosity. MK could resurrect the Family Fun Day parade that does not contain floats or even run the Rain Cavalcade with vehicles and performers every day. The issue with FFD or RD is that the performers needed for them will probably be busy at overnight rehearsals for the new upcoming parade like they do in preparation for Halloween and Christmas.

It's going to be additional performances of Dream Along With Mickey and Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it. BRING EAR PLUGS!

Crazydisneyfanluke

So if they are doing new parades, why can't the bring back a day parade to Epcot? The infrastructure is still there.
I believe the parade route is cluttered with a lot of kiosks, which means less available viewing areas. Also, what could they theme the parade to that is for everyone kids-elderly but keeps the theme of EPCOT?
I would still love to see a parade at EPCOT but they have more problems to deal with before adding a parade.

cjk0318

I think people misunderstand the re-use of parade music. Imagine it this way. TDO finally gives the greenlight for a new parade after beating around the bush for 10 years. Imagine being Steve and the Creative Entertainment team. You're excited, but you KNOW budget cuts will come because it's TDO. A fantastic theme was written for the new TDR parade that 99.9999999% of WDW guests will never see. An easy way to trim budgets without hurting the show is to reuse some music. Personally, I'd rather have the fantastic Happiness is Here theme re-used on FOF than lose a float because someone in Orlando got scissor-happy.

Just a theory.

The money NOT being used to produce new music is more money to help the production of the parade :)

tirian

It looks like its going to be very colorful and well done anyway no matter what they use, I just hope its fantasy classic disney and not another hip streetparty style annoyance like MISCI
I hope the floats look like solid sculptures. For all its hype, the Soundsational floats at DL are extremely underwhelming in person. Tiny and tinny.

Pixar Play Parade, OTOH, is awesome.

aladdin2007

I hope the floats look like solid sculptures. For all its hype, the Soundsational floats at DL are extremely underwhelming in person. Tiny and tinny.

Pixar Play Parade, OTOH, is awesome.

Yeah there really isnt a whole lot to the Soundsational floats is there. MickeyMania looked better than that. Not sure why Im comparing those two together.
But hopefully FOF will be fully sculpted, so far rumor is they are pretty big and a new parade building is needed.

doctornick

I know this isn't exactly the right topic, but I didn't want to start another thread. Does anyone know what the status is of the DAK jammin' jungle parade? There were rumors that it was being dropped after (during?) this year. Is this correct? Is there a replacement planned if it is indeed going away?

cjk0318

I know this isn't exactly the right topic, but I didn't want to start another thread. Does anyone know what the status is of the DAK jammin' jungle parade? There were rumors that it was being dropped after (during?) this year. Is this correct? Is there a replacement planned if it is indeed going away?
It is coming to an end soon. Once the holiday season kicks up, it will only be shown on weekends. In 2014, the parade is done.

SpectroMan93

I was told to allocate the funds.
I don't understand how a billion dollar business needs to allocate funds by scrapping entertainment at other parks in order for them to give the go ahead for a new parade. Disney is more than capable of running several parades at multiple parks without going bankrupt. As happy and excited as I am for the Magic Kingdom to receive a much needed parade, I can't ignore that a good parade at another park has to be sacrificed for it, and ticket prices continue to rise. Makes me wonder what they'll be getting rid of next when/if Cars Land, Star Wars Land, and Avatar Land come to Orlando.

lego606

MagicBandit
I don't understand how a billion dollar business needs to allocate funds by scrapping entertainment at other parks in order for them to give the go ahead for a new parade. Disney is more than capable of running several parades at multiple parks without going bankrupt. As happy and excited as I am for the Magic Kingdom to receive a much needed parade, I can't ignore that a good parade at another park has to be sacrificed for it, and ticket prices continue to rise. Makes me wonder what they'll be getting rid of next when/if Cars Land, Star Wars Land, and Avatar Land come to Orlando.

Less about going bankruptcy, more about ROI.

TTA94

I wonder when they will release more concept art? I was thinking D23 but it does not sound like much, if anything, will get talked about or announced there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom