Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Wikkler

I know that some details about the soundtrack are being kept very tight lipped but I have a few questions that maybe some of you Might be able to answer. Will the overall soundtrack be very noticeably different and modern compared to previous parades that MK has had? Will the opening be something similar to POD in terms of being BIG, Chilling, Epic? I think the only parade opening MK had that was somewhat similar to POD was SADCT.. Going by the rumors of FOFs soundtrack being Happiness Is Here based, I hope the opening and especially narration will be very different/better lol.
I'm confused by the constant acronym-ing, what's POD?

FerretAfros

Isn't Florida a Right to Work state (ie employers/unions can't require union membership)? I don't fully understand why the union has so much pull if they don't even represent all the performers (though I know they do control some things, like removing the lift from Snow White's choreography in Fantasmic!)

Matt_Black

I don't think Disney wants to get a reputation of playing too hard with unions, especially performance based ones, as they have to deal with a lot of them.

asianway

Isn't Florida a Right to Work state (ie employers/unions can't require union membership)? I don't fully understand why the union has so much pull if they don't even represent all the performers (though I know they do control some things, like removing the lift from Snow White's choreography in Fantasmic!)
A lift would probably be enough to qualify the position as equity. Can't afford to pay an extra $2 an hour you know

SpectroMan93

Wait, THAT's why DHS Fantasmic doesn't have the prince lift Snow White? This kind of worries me about what the choreography will look like then.

Figments Friend

So i came across some decent video footage of some of the floats recently rolling along one of the perimeter roads backstage....and i have to say that the Maleficent Dragon is absolutely STUNNING from every angle.

It is painted with this fabulous iridescent paint that shifts from purple,to blue, to coppery black so as it rolls down the street it does color shifts. A nice touch!

The mechanical/steampunk design elements really bring this float design above the others in my opinion.
Absolutely loving the interior gears seen in the center of the float, and the small details present.
This thing is a absolute BEAST...but moves about as if lighter then air.

Just awesome in every possible definition of the word.

Every time i look at it, my fondness for it grows even more and i am already so highly impressed with it.
The other floats cannot hold a candle to this masterpiece.
Probably THE best float i have seen in a long time at WDW...very possible my all time favorite to date.
Just loving this thing on so many levels.

So looking forward to seeing this baby in action.
Epicness deluxe is to come!

Goofywilliam

So i came across some decent video footage of some of the floats recently rolling along one of the perimeter roads backstage....and i have to say that the Maleficent Dragon is absolutely STUNNING from every angle.

It is painted with this fabulous iridescent paint that shifts from purple,to blue, to coppery black so as it rolls down the street it does color shifts. A nice touch!

The mechanical/steampunk design elements really bring this float design above the others in my opinion.
Absolutely loving the interior gears seen in the center of the float, and the small details present.
This thing is a absolute BEAST...but moves about as if lighter then air.

Just awesome in every possible definition of the word.

Every time i look at it, my fondness for it grows even more and i am already so highly impressed with it.
The other floats cannot hold a candle to this masterpiece.
Probably THE best float i have seen in a long time at WDW...very possible my all time favorite to date.
Just loving this thing on so many levels.

So looking forward to seeing this baby in action.
Epicness deluxe is to come!
On the internet? If so can we get a link, please?!

Edit-
Other than the one on the parks blog. Lol

Last edited:

Goofywilliam

Let me also say that honestly I am much more excited about festival of fantasy than I am about the seven dwarfs mine train! So far it looks absolutely mind blowing!

wdrive

I think a good way to show the difference in equity rules between Disneyland and Disney World is to watch the Princess segments in Fantasmic. Disneyland's has lifts and Ariel can flip her fins past 90 degrees

TTA94

Can anyone tell us if FOF will have a opening title float? I hope it will be a big opening instead of what HIH is like with just goofy on a horse and Snow White..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom