Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

mm52200

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this cherography, for parade dancers, is quite intense. Costumes are designed, and being changed around the dancing. And as far as I know, don't see a rainy version happening.
What do you mean you don't see a rainy version happening? I don't think they usually try to run the parades in the rain so I'm not sure what you mean.

discos

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this cherography, for parade dancers, is quite intense. Costumes are designed, and being changed around the dancing. And as far as I know, don't see a rainy version happening.
Maybe they'll just run the parade with the Main Street vehicles and the characters in them. I'm sure they'll still use that same rain song/medley

Di5n3Y

What do you mean you don't see a rainy version happening? I don't think they usually try to run the parades in the rain so I'm not sure what you mean.
When it started to rain after cdct stepped off, there was parade contingency, where performers stopped and just walked the route and knew what to do, so to speak. Fof hasn't any cherography for that or anything in a rainy situation, mostly due to these floats (right now) can not get wet due to certain elements. Most weather calls may lean more to cavalcade then fof.
Maybe they'll just run the parade with the Main Street vehicles and the characters in them. I'm sure they'll still use that same rain song/medley
I'm thinking that's the plan. And we'll be used quite more often with Florida's unpredictable weather.

SpectroMan93

Going way back when we were talking about how many floats FOF will have someone said there will be secondary floats and extras.. Can anyone tell us what those will be? Think someone said "fish"and "tea cups"?
This is what has been made known so far:
  • Spinning Fish. At least 2.
  • Flora, Fauna, Merriweather. On Segway devices akin to DMOP.
  • Tweedle Dee & Dum inside tea cups. From POD.
  • The Crocodile. From Enchanted Adventures and slightly modified.
  • Possibly a clone of the Dopey costume from HIH. Emphasis on possibly.
There definitely will be more, but I am loving what FOF has so far.

Last edited:

wdw_cp09

This is what has been made known so far:
  • Spinning Fish. At least 2.
  • Flora, Fauna, Merriweather. On Segway devices akin to DMOP.
  • Tweedle Dee & Dum inside tea cups. From POD.
  • The Crocodile. From Enchanted Adventures and slightly redone.
  • Possibly a clone of the Dopey costume from HIH. Emphasis on possibly.
There definitely will be more, but I am loving what FOF has so far.
no fish, no tea cups

jrh1985

Granted FOF hasn't had a rainy day yet, much less an opening day yet but that's too bad. Running or trying to run CADCT in the rain was a nice touch. Running it in between storms like what happend on my 2011 trip was brilliant! Hopefully FOF can do that much. Are you saying that the FOF floats aren't waterproof?
Would wind be an issue?

Goofywilliam

Granted FOF hasn't had a rainy day yet, much less an opening day yet but that's too bad. Running or trying to run CADCT in the rain was a nice touch. Running it in between storms like what happend on my 2011 trip was brilliant! Hopefully FOF can do that much. Are you saying that the FOF floats aren't waterproof?
Would wind be an issue?
Waterproofing is something I thought they would invest in considering the unpredictable weather in Florida.

SpectroMan93

Still in for EVER
I fixed it for you. ;) The segway fairies are really impressive in Paris, it would be great to have that effect here in the states. Rather ironic that almost every Sleeping Beauty character is in FOF except for the titular one.

Wait so the fish and everything are still in for now?
The fish are out. Apparently the tea cups are backstage with the other units, but not in the parade? Idk.

jrh1985

I fixed it for you. ;) The segway fairies are really impressive in Paris, it would be great to have that effect here in the states. Rather ironic that almost every Sleeping Beauty character is in FOF except for the titular one.

The fish are out. Apparently the tea cups are backstage with the other units, but not in the parade? Idk.
It would make more sense if it was the other way around. I don't mind if the teacups don't make it because there isn't an Alice unit in FOF right? If i missed it, sorry. I'd rather have the fish since they apparently spin and there's a LM unit in FOF.

As for the garden float starting off the parade, Will the fairies lead it like in MOP?

TTA94

Were the fish ever in to begin with? Lol. Bummer sounds like it will be just the 8 floats and performers.. Smaller floats would have been a nice touch and lengthened the parade.

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

There won't be fish, but that doesn't mean there won't be any smaller units at all. Tic Toc still follows the Peter Pan float, which leads me to believe it won't be the only float with supplemental units. Just wait and see, only a month left to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom