Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

SpectroMan93

Dancers dressed as ravens? Is it even possible to love this parade even more than I already do? It's exciting and refreshing that they're paying as much attention to the costumes and choreography as they did to the floats. I felt the CADCT reincarnation would have been more acceptable if the dancers had float specific attire. Choreography was acceptable, but not those god-awful uniform costumes.

ToTBellHop

Maybe it's because I feel I can relate to Elsa on a personal level, but she should never be wearing the gloves in the parks, considering what they represented in the film. I know it sounds silly, but she takes them off for a reason, and if Disney ever presents her with those gloves on, they will have completely ignored a major message of the film.
Maybe if she put her freakin' gloves back on, it would stop being so cold and kids in Atlanta would stop getting stuck on buses! She took her gloves off for a reason, but shouldn't she suck it up for the good of the children?!

Ariel loses her caudal fin and voice so she can shack up with a dude but sometimes she still has her fin and her voice in the parks...I feel this must confuse young girls who are supposed to believe that young women need to find rich men while still young so they can get married quickly (the next day if a justice of the peace is available) before their biological clocks run out. After age 17, there is no "happily ever after."

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Dancers dressed as ravens? Is it even possible to love this parade even more than I already do? It's exciting and refreshing that they're paying as much attention to the costumes and choreography as they did to the floats. I felt the CADCT reincarnation would have been more acceptable if the dancers had float specific attire. Choreography was acceptable, but not those god-awful uniform costumes.
imagine them doing this:

mm52200

One of the biggest things that makes a parade are the costumes, along with all the cast and dancers. I'm very excited to see what the costumes and choreography are like since these are really the elements that bring the parade to life. The floats are great but the things that make shows and parades great for me atleast are the cast and the choreography. Anything has to be a step up from the CADCT costumes.

jjnshane

One of the biggest things that makes a parade are the costumes, along with all the cast and dancers. I'm very excited to see what the costumes and choreography are like since these are really the elements that bring the parade to life. The floats are great but the things that make shows and parades great for me atleast are the cast and the choreography. Anything has to be a step up from the CADCT costumes.

I can not wait to see the costumes! I think that is the part I am most excited about. Floats are cool, but you are right, it is the costumes and performers that really make a parade. As far as CDCT -- we loved our friends who were performers, but I really prefer the idea of unit specific costumes as well -- and while the girl's costumes were okay (I made a matching one for my daughter) I always thought the boys sort of looked like matadors -- especially when their costumes went from the slightly translucent white pants, to the pants that were the same color as the shirt. All that was missing was a cape!

rnese

Uhh...hey boss! That dragon looks too scary for me and if it's too scary for me, imagine the kids! They'll be sprinting for the exits at the very site of that thing, screaming their heads off! Throwing chicken fingers at everyone! Chaos! Oh the humanity! Nope...count me out!

RWilliams

Premium Member
From what I hear (which admittedly isn't all that much) the choreography and stunts are really pretty impressive right now. But they have been running into issues with the actors equity union. The parade uses performers from entertainment and not equity ($$). If this parade is dumbed down it won't fully be Disney's fault this time. Although I've heard that the phrase, "That's not how we do things here" has been bandied about to the folks from CA and Hong Kong more than once.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
From what I hear (which admittedly isn't all that much) the choreography and stunts are really pretty impressive right now. But they have been running into issues with the actors equity union. The parade uses performers from entertainment and not equity ($$). If this parade is dumbed down it won't fully be Disney's fault this time. Although I've heard that the phrase, "That's not how we do things here" has been bandied about to the folks from CA and Hong Kong more than once.

Disagree - if Disney is too cheap to pay the performers need to pull off the parade then why have the parade designed to have stunts?

asianway

If they are going to have acrobats, they need to pay equity wages. I knew this would happen...they would never do the Play Parade here either same reason

mm52200

Hopefully they won't have to dumb it down too much. Honestly the parade performers are capable of doing complicated choreography and they did Block Party Bash from DCA without really dumbing down the choreography any. They had heat versions of the show, but they didn't change any choreography. Also shows like Disney Channel Rocks and Festival of the Lion King had/have more advanced choreography so hopefully it will work out. However, the equity acrobats and Green Army Men are what killed Block Party Bash because god forbid you pay for great talent to produce a great show.

mm52200

I also don't understand the huge discrepancy between what non-Equity performers can do at WDW, and then what the non-union parade performers in DL can do. I know DL has a different union for their performers out there that isn't Equity, but still their parade performers who aren't covered by that union are allowed to do much more complex choreography.

asianway

I also don't understand the huge discrepancy between what non-Equity performers can do at WDW, and then what the non-union parade performers in DL can do. I know DL has a different union for their performers out there that isn't Equity, but still their parade performers who aren't covered by that union are allowed to do much more complex choreography.
Face characters in DL are given far more freedom as a result

TTA94

I'm sure everything will be fine. TDO knew what they were getting into when agreeing to have this type of parade with swings, etc.

I Hope Ariel gets a decent costume. I am also rather disappointed most of the villains have not been upgraded. Maleficent and Jafar especially. They need to update Maleficent's costume badly and also Jafar could be a face character!!!

Matt_Black

They need to update Maleficent's costume badly and also Jafar could be a face character!!!

Seriously, everyone needs to watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland when it comes back on in the spring so it becomes a hit, and the adapt that version of Jafar to meet in the parks. He might be the best thing on that show, though the Knave makes it close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom