February 2016 Disney World ticket price increases and new tiered 1 day tickets

alphac2005

I don't see that happening soon unless there is a huge recession or attack on US soil.
A recession albeit not one on the scale of the prior is a given in the business cycle mixed in with economic weakness in most of Disney's major targeted guest markets, and a strong U.S. dollar truly is a recipe for trouble based on their business plan when, not if, all three components converge. It'll be interesting. They've never gone through that cycle with pricing that is so economically unviable for many. @ParentsOf4 rightly notes that the business of Disney is built on the masses. When times are lean, there simply aren't enough high earners left to make it work particularly if overseas visitors are slumping.

A great example is where I live in ATL: Faux rich people mortgaged to the hilt, leasing luxury vehicles, no money going into savings, loans against 401Ks, taking the obligatory annual WDW trip as another component of keeping up with the proverbial Joneses while maxing out their credit cards. I've seen it and know of so many here in this situation that it's simply pathetic. Those people are the bread and butter target of the current WDW business model and it'll be something when those types can't do any creative financing in a downturn.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Are we really only 7 years removed from getting in free on your birthday?

Sadly yes, and the "Going out of Business" has never been stronger. Even in the dark days post 9/11 it was never this bad.

I keep expecting to see those neon colored signs from Planned Furniture Promotions (google it) advertising a sale at WDW

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm really disappointed, I know Disney is a business and needs to make a profit, I'm not against this, but I am rather bummed out that this seems like a money grab. I mean its gotten to the point that Disney has made it so expensive that I find myself unwilling to spend the money to go there. This next trip may be our last for a long time. While conditions worldwide have put some pressure on Disney, they also have enjoyed record profits and record attendance at the parks here in the US.

While my lack return to WDW will only be a drop in the buck, and not really noticeable, I'm sure my family and I can find other vacation spots that will be just as "Magical" but a lot more budget friendly.

wishiwere@wdw

Not sure it's already been posted elsewhere but the Sentinal has examples of pricing for the multi-day pass increases as well. Glad I purchased yesterday (thanks to this site!). I think we're done after this because this is out of control. $35 more per 10 day for this family of 6 is nearly the cost an entire park hopper just a few years ago!

BrianV

Not sure it's already been posted elsewhere but the Sentinal has examples of pricing for the multi-day pass increases as well. Glad I purchased yesterday (thanks to this site!). I think we're done after this because this is out of control. $35 more per 10 day for this family of 6 is nearly the cost an entire park hopper just a few years ago!
Is the full price chart out yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom