February 2016 Disney World ticket price increases and new tiered 1 day tickets

Dartha Stewart

Neither was wall to wall people and 6 month waiting lines for food.
Physically, most people could not survive that long of a wait for food. The average person couldn't even make it a full month or two without food or beverage before suffering from severe dehydration or headache. Truth of the matter is, Walt did anticipate heavy crowd levels and "wall to wall" people when he opened the parks. But he was able to handle the influx without nickle and diming every patron to death, and continued to offer a product worth the cost of an admission ticket.

Grumpy0404

I was looking to upgrade my 6 day hopper pass to Platinum Annual Pass in March when we arrived. Does anyone know how the price increase would effect AP upgrades?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Physically, most people could not survive that long of a wait for food. The average person couldn't even make it a full month or two without food or beverage before suffering from severe dehydration or headache. Truth of the matter is, Walt did anticipate heavy crowd levels and "wall to wall" people when he opened the parks. But he was able to handle the influx without nickle and diming every patron to death, and continued to offer a product worth the cost of an admission ticket.
You must be new here.

The "six month" remark was a reference to having to book a reservation 6 months out in order to sit down to eat.at a restaurant at WDW.

bhg469

Oh trust me, as an employee of the company I can assure you I understand it's a business.

Which is pretty ridiculous that people need to base their "theme park" vacation around food!
Back when their food was worth eating.. yeah.. the restaurants on property were a huge part of the vacation. Now.... no thanks

DGracey

Having a "Value" category at all may be what's most misleading here.

Media reports are saying the largest proportion of days at both Disneyland (46 percent) and Disney World (49 percent) fall in periods designated as regular; peak days account for 27 percent of the year at Disneyland and 29 percent at Disney World.

That leaves roughly 20% or less as Value days. Yikes.

bhg469

Having a "Value" category at all may be what's most misleading here.

Media reports are saying the largest proportion of days at both Disneyland (46 percent) and Disney World (49 percent) fall in periods designated as regular; peak days account for 27 percent of the year at Disneyland and 29 percent at Disney World.

That leaves roughly 20% or less as Value days. Yikes.
The employees should be forced to use finger quotes when mentioning the word value to guests.

Baloo62

I'd love to see the attendance numbers for WDW if Magic Kingdom closed completely. Does anyone honestly believe that Epcot, AK and HS, in their current states, wouldn't see a significant drop in annual visitors if there was no MK to lure the guests? If Disney is going to charge $124 a day for MK, the other three should be like 50 bucks, top. Or better yet use the formula "x=KD+10" where "x" is the cost of Epcot, HS and AK and "KD" is the cost of Kings Dominion. When you are forced to include the Pixar Short Film Festival, Flights of Wonder, and the Frozen Sing-Along as Fastpass choices, you know your product sucks. Again, close MK and lets see how many tickets they sell.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd love to see the attendance numbers for WDW if Magic Kingdom closed completely. Does anyone honestly believe that Epcot, AK and HS, in their current states, wouldn't see a significant drop in annual visitors if there was no MK to lure the guests? If Disney is going to charge $124 a day for MK, the other three should be like 50 bucks, top. Or better yet use the formula "x=KD+10" where "x" is the cost of Epcot, HS and AK and "KD" is the cost of Kings Dominion. When you are forced to include the Pixar Short Film Festival, Flights of Wonder, and the Frozen Sing-Along as Fastpass choices, you know your product sucks. Again, close MK and lets see how many tickets they sell.
The other parks have always been supporting actors to the MK's lead actor role.

Take away MK and you have a bunch of minor actors with no star.

It would be an off off Broadway play written by a Jr High School Drama Teacher.

Cesar R M

If you're a first timer and only going for one day I would say the price is still worth it. I feel like that customer is less and less common, so if you gotta encourage people to commit to a longer stay that's in Disneys best interest. Most people are all multis anyway and you definitely get your money's worth on a multi. When you consider other entertainment cost per hour it's still reasonable.
The parks themselves are not the only issue, but the combined package with the hotels.. the hotels are meant to squeeze you out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom