Favorite WDW Restaurants from the Past

Most of the good ones have been mentioned, but as a picky child eater, I'll add in The Odyssey at Epcot and Soundstage at DHS. That was the restaurant below the Catwalk.

wdwfan100

not a restaurant, but a bar- the Catwalk in disney MGM. It was the only place to get a drink in the park, it was practically hidden as if to say "If you are going to drink here, we want to make sure no one sees you!"

The Pro- I am thrilled that someone remembers the handwiches!!!! I wish they would bring them back, they gave me a reason to pass on a Cosmic Ray's burger, and they are hard to pass up!

We like to go have a beer at the Tune in Lounge right next to the 50's prime time. Belly up to the bar!!!!!

Tangorea Terrace at Poly (sp?)

And yes i remember wonderful meals at the Empress Lilly!

The original Portebello Yacht Club, before it was affiliated with Disney, was great.

I believe it was a trip in the early 90's that they served "Handwiches" at MK. I distinctly remember getting one under the peoplemover. They were like a salad in a bread cone and they were AWESOME. WEnt back a few years later and they were gone.

Is the Portabello Yacht Club no on the dining plan?

Disneybird

I don't remember what it was called, but I liked the sandwich/deli shop that was in Downtown Disney before it became Earl of Sandwich.

And many years ago, there was a restaurant at the Polynesian that was not in the Great Ceremonial House. I think the building has the arcade in it, to the right of the GCH when you are facing the MK. Was that the Tangaroa Terrace?

CatsMeow

Love this thread!

- Top of the World @ the Contemporary - great buffet breakfasts & lunches & Broaday at the Top!

- Gulf Coast Room @ the CR - beautiful room!

- Tangaroa Terrace @ the Poly - we had many great meals there and the room was huge - banana-stuffed French toast!

- BonFamilles @ POFQ - red beans and rice! Really beautiful setting.

- Empress Lily, although it is still open as Fulton's Crab House.

Dubman

Queso Fundido (melted cheese and chorizo sausage served with soft tortillas).. It used to be served at the San Angel Inn in Mexico.. It was one of our favorite apps.. FYI, if you like Sangria, you can order a pitcher for around 18.00 even though its not on the menu..

Disneybird

Queso Fundido (melted cheese and chorizo sausage served with soft tortillas).. It used to be served at the San Angel Inn in Mexico.. It was one of our favorite apps.. FYI, if you like Sangria, you can order a pitcher for around 18.00 even though its not on the menu..

They use to serve chilaquiles at San Angel Inn and it was my favorite meal in all of WDW. :slurp: I've not been happy in that restaurant since they stopped.

My favorite that is gone would have to be Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island. The food was always very tasty and although I enjoy the atmosphere at Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, etc., sometimes when you are paying that much for food, you want to have the food justify the cost, not the fake animals.

shannon2484

I don't remember too much about the food, but we used to always go to the Odyssey at Epcot when I was little. I was bummed they never opened it back up as anything!! However, I am excited to try the Illuminations Dinner Buffet/Fireworks Night at the old location this year!

Mrs.Toad

I miss Alfredo's, Empress Lily, Odyssey, Adventureland Veranda, and Flagler's too.

I miss the cajun-themed menu they had at the Floridian a few years back. Cajun Cheeseburger with deep-fried pickle and seasoned fries, spicy hoagie. I was devestated when it was gone.

I am going in a few weeks. Has anyone eaten at the Grand Floridian cafe recently? How is it?

tjkref418

I miss Alfredo's, Empress Lily, Odyssey, Adventureland Veranda, and Flagler's too.

I miss the cajun-themed menu they had at the Floridian a few years back. Cajun Cheeseburger with deep-fried pickle and seasoned fries, spicy hoagie. I was devestated when it was gone.

I am going in a few weeks. Has anyone eaten at the Grand Floridian cafe recently? How is it?

I actually really enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakast and lunch. It is usually pretty quiet at lunch time, and there are a few good salads and sandwiches on the menu to enjoy.

ryguyburns

Tangorea Terrace at Poly (sp?)

And yes i remember wonderful meals at the Empress Lilly!

The original Portebello Yacht Club, before it was affiliated with Disney, was great.

I believe it was a trip in the early 90's that they served "Handwiches" at MK. I distinctly remember getting one under the peoplemover. They were like a salad in a bread cone and they were AWESOME. WEnt back a few years later and they were gone.
\

Portobello is not owned by Disney, nor was it ever. Just a fresh name and decor.

yankspy

I don't remember what it was called, but I liked the sandwich/deli shop that was in Downtown Disney before it became Earl of Sandwich.

And many years ago, there was a restaurant at the Polynesian that was not in the Great Ceremonial House. I think the building has the arcade in it, to the right of the GCH when you are facing the MK. Was that the Tangaroa Terrace?
Do you mean the old Heidelberger Deli? If so, I miss that one as well. It was more of a Deli type place than Earl of Sandwich. I also miss King Stefan's Banquet Hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom